• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lancer Cs1 Suspension

trinity

Thanks for your quick reply on day #1 on 2015 :)

Good to hear that your car just for everything done this time.

The alignment place guy said that only the lower arm bushes should be replaced, but said that they are not messed up but have symptoms of needing a replacement. He didn't mention about the rack ends. Anyways I'm getting the car inspected by some other fellow before starting replacing them.

You may have remember I asked about the timing belt change little while a ago and got it replaced by Agents as you guys suggested. They said that it should be replaced at 90 k mark (Optimal Time to do it).

I read your post on Clutch too. My clutch is bit stiff and hard to press when comparing to few small cars (Hyundai EON an a March) I have drive.Never got a chance to drive another in the same kind :(

Currently I'm away from Colombo (@Matale) and I think I need to get there to do the replacement, is it a good idea ? I've seen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YlmJ-KRUdE'>this on YouTube which scares me of coming back to Colombo but here I'm not sure of parts either mechanics.

If you don't mind, could you PM me the place that you got the work done, I'm still not found a proper place to get my car done.

Thanks again and enjoy the new year mate !

Ah yes, now I remembe about the timing belt change of your car. I don't think it'll be a problem driving from matale to colombo with worn out bushes.

I can't remember the name of the place but it's near the slave island railway station. Will share the location and contact details tomorrow as I left the bill at my office.

• Like 1

Ah yes, now I remembe about the timing belt change of your car. I don't think it'll be a problem driving from matale to colombo with worn out bushes. I can't remember the name of the place but it's near the slave island railway station. Will share the location and contact details tomorrow as I left the bill at my office.

Awesome ! My vacation ends on 5th Jan :) So before that I've time for fixing this.

Thanks bro!

Edited by HashanJay

Awesome ! My vacation ends on 5th Jan :) So before that I've time for fixing this.

Thanks bro!

Here are the info

Auto Box Pvt Ltd

No 44 Church street, Colombo 02.

Tel 0773 679302 0773 295676 0114 896644

Charges are as follows

Lower arm bush - 1550 each (Gave a 10% discount)

Rack end - 2975 each (Gave a 5% discount)

Wheel alignment & camber adjustment - 1500 (Gave a 25% discount)

I gave them the car around 1.00pm & received around 4.30pm on a friday.

Parts are bit pricey but i had no other option at that time cuz i had a trip planned for the following day which consists of over 600kms distance and there was no time form me to fetch parts from outside. However they do accept parts bought by the customer.

Just to give give you an idea about the prices of parts, a rack end was quoted Rs 2,300 at my usual place in Kalutara and here it was 2,800 after the discount.

The place looks very organized and & professional. They have around 8-9 hoists and enough staff to attend to the volumes. Best thing i found was that there was no hassle of removing parts and taking them to a lathe work shop to remove & re install the bushes and bringing them back to the garage to fix them to the car. They have all equipment required.

Since you are from malabe, please check on other places which are near by you also. Theres a topic on good workshops, check it too.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Here are the info

Auto Box Pvt Ltd

No 44 Church street, Colombo 02.

Tel 0773 679302 0773 295676 0114 896644

Charges are as follows

Lower arm bush - 1550 each (Gave a 10% discount)

Rack end - 2975 each (Gave a 5% discount)

Wheel alignment & camber adjustment - 1500 (Gave a 25% discount)

I gave them the car around 1.00pm & received around 4.30pm on a friday.

Parts are bit pricey but i had no other option at that time cuz i had a trip planned for the following day which consists of over 600kms distance and there was no time form me to fetch parts from outside. However they do accept parts bought by the customer.

Just to give give you an idea about the prices of parts, a rack end was quoted Rs 2,300 at my usual place in Kalutara and here it was 2,800 after the discount.

The place looks very organized and & professional. They have around 8-9 hoists and enough staff to attend to the volumes. Best thing i found was that there was no hassle of removing parts and taking them to a lathe work shop to remove & re install the bushes and bringing them back to the garage to fix them to the car. They have all equipment required.

Since you are from malabe, please check on other places which are near by you also. Theres a topic on good workshops, check it too.

Cheers!

Thanks for the update Trinity!

I called them today and planning to get this done on Monday, Meanwhile I'll look for a place closer to me, but when you said that they have all the right equipment for right job I thought of having this place as the main resource :)

I'll update you once it has been done and let's see what's the difference between a 2001 Lancer and 2008 Lancer.

• Like 1

Today I went to AutoBox. I asked them to do an inspection before starting the job. There was no other issues except the busted lower arm bush, they had machinery to remove the bush without much effort.

After installing new pair of bushes, got the wheel alignment checked. Did a test drive in bumpy church street :jumping-smiley-014:

Nothing unusual heard of felt.

The parts costs

lower arm bush - Rs. 1300.00 per with discount

Wheel alignment - Rs. 750.00 with No discount

Labor was (including the removal of the bush) Rs. 1200.00 with No discount

Thanks @trinity for your support, much appreciated

• Like 1

Today I went to AutoBox. I asked them to do an inspection before starting the job. There was no other issues except the busted lower arm bush, they had machinery to remove the bush without much effort.

After installing new pair of bushes, got the wheel alignment checked. Did a test drive in bumpy church street :jumping-smiley-014:

Nothing unusual heard of felt.

The parts costs

lower arm bush - Rs. 1300.00 per with discount

Wheel alignment - Rs. 750.00 with No discount

Labor was (including the removal of the bush) Rs. 1200.00 with No discount

Thanks @trinity for your support, much appreciated

Glad to hear that you've got it all sorted out under 5k. :) Pleasure to be of assistance machang.

Cheers!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I just replaced all shocks and bushes in my Lancer CS1-2006, GL, Manual after 136000Kms.
I suspected the bushes might need be replaced due to the sound when hitting humps. But when inspected, all shocks were gone.
I chose to go with KYB and bought frond shocks for 19500.00 LKR after the discount and 16500.00 LKR for rear shocks. Didn't buy from agents but I think I got a good discount since the dealer was a good friend of my garage owner.
Now I can see the significant improvement of the suspension system and having a steady ride.
Need to do a wheel alignment today.
/Nuwan
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I inquired the prices for KYB shocks for my CS3 today from TAAS. Front: 9960/=, Back: 8385/= each, and will get a 10% discount if paid by cash. The agent's price was 35000/= for a single front shock! (I don't remember whether it included the labour charges as well).

@Trinity, do you still recommend AutoBox for a full suspension/steering repair (replacement of shocks + any other other worn out part), or is there a better place that I can go to?

Appreciate your help.

I inquired the prices for KYB shocks for my CS3 today from TAAS. Front: 9960/=, Back: 8385/= each, and will get a 10% discount if paid by cash. The agent's price was 35000/= for a single front shock! (I don't remember whether it included the labour charges as well).

@Trinity, do you still recommend AutoBox for a full suspension/steering repair (replacement of shocks + any other other worn out part), or is there a better place that I can go to?

Appreciate your help.

Yes I Do recommend Auto Box. So far I have nothing bad to say about them.

My last experience

Had the power steering hose replaced from them. The car started to give a faint noise when the wheels are turned while the car is stationary. Two days later i went back there and showed them the car. They agreed that the noise is due the the locally made hose and offered to replace the part.

I wanted to install a recon hose instead of local one and it had to be bought from Mahinda who is located in panchikawtte. They were kind enough to send one of their guys to panchi to get it as i had to go to office.I left the car with them got it in the evening with the new hose installed. Didnt charge a penny more. Even apologized for the inconvenience.

Remember they are wee bit expensive than your local garage.

Advice - better if you could take your own parts.

• Like 2

Appreciate your help.

Why dont you call Namaratne first. They are main stockist for KYB and you will get 20% or 25% discount on cash deals.

Yes I Do recommend Auto Box. So far I have nothing bad to say about them.

My last experience

Had the power steering hose replaced from them. The car started to give a faint noise when the wheels are turned while the car is stationary. Two days later i went back there and showed them the car. They agreed that the noise is due the the locally made hose and offered to replace the part.

I wanted to install a recon hose instead of local one and it had to be bought from Mahinda who is located in panchikawtte. They were kind enough to send one of their guys to panchi to get it as i had to go to office.I left the car with them got it in the evening with the new hose installed. Didnt charge a penny more. Even apologized for the inconvenience.

Remember they are wee bit expensive than your local garage.

Advice - better if you could take your own parts.

Thanks a lot Trinity for the prompt and helpful response. I will be visiting them soon. I'll have them inspect the car first, and then will try to buy the parts by myself.

My car also does an annoying high-pitched whirring kinda sound when the wheels are fully turned! I first got to know this from an inspection place I took the vehicle to just before buying it. They mentioned replacing only the Power Steering Hose would not work - I have forgotten the actual part name they mentioned ... some kind of an "arm" or a "mount" (sounds very naive :( ) ... and it's costly according to them. Anyway, I'll be able to get that also checked from AutoBox.

Why dont you call Namaratne first. They are main stockist for KYB and you will get 20% or 25% discount on cash deals.

Thanks wolseley for the info! I think TAAS is associated with Namaratne, because in their website TAAS' website is given as a related site. Will give them a buzz and see.

Edited by Elrond

@ Trinity

I thought its TAAS.. this is the first time im hearing this name.. Anyway thanks for sharing.

Of course TAAS are the agents here for KYB

But they wont give discounts as such to promote dealers. Namaratne is the main dealer at Panchikawatte.

earlier TOKIKO was available at Douglas but they no longer import it.

• 3 weeks later...

Four and half years and 75,000 kms later, my front shocks are at the end of their life line.

Yesterday left the car at the garage (Auto Box) to replace the rear swing arm bushes which had been broken for some time now. Never had time to do the job and yesterday finally managed to get it done. While doing this they had checked the front suspension system as well and reported following also needs to be replaced as they are either broken or worn out.

1. Front Shocks (Both)

2. Shock dust boots and dampers

3. Engine mounts

I already knew that one of the Engine mounts are broken but shocks were news to me. Frankly I dont feel much difference when driving the car. I remember back in 2011 right before the shocks were changed for the first time, the car was really noisy and I could feel even a small pot hole/ bump on the road. I believe i have not reached that point yet but soon these needs to be changed.

Things to note :

The car was running with its original front shocks until 2011 ( 10 years & 80,000kms). I bought the car in 2009 and it had 54k kms on its clock.

New shocks were used only 4 & half years but the mileage is almost equal.

Up to 2014 the car was mostly driven on well paved roads and after 2014 to mid 2015 the car was daily driven on bloody avissawella colombo road, Buthgamuwa road and roads around Kotahena and Pettah which are mostly very very badly maintained.

The car took a real beating during this time and frankly it was the worst 1 & half years for the car as it daily ran on roads with heavy traffic, millions of pot holes (And Ass holes) and usually kept parked on Pettah Main Street and Bristol Street with high daily dosage of Sun, Bird Poo, Dust Mud and rain. It was washed only once a moth and suffered two hit & runs while it was parked.

Back to the topic again, I decided to not to get in to replacing shocks yet. Reasons are

1. I need to replace all four tires as they too are worn out (thinking of replacing the wheels as well.) [Tires will be the first priority]

2. The car is not a daily runner anymore

3. And I dont have money to do all these things at once

Advice - If you are changing engine mounts, please go for genuine ones even though they cost you an arm and leg. It'll save your money time and some hassle in the long run. These after market stuff wont last long.

My plan is to put KYB this time as well.

Engine mounts and other bushes will be bought from the Agent (or any other source which could provide genuine parts for a lesser amount.)

By the time i'm ready to do this i'm sure lower arm bushes will get busted too. If that happens they too will be replaced with at least recon parts. (Not gonna put cheap aftermarket ones again)

Will keep you guys posted on any developments.

Cheers!

• Like 4

Everything has a constraint called lifetime, looks like a genocide is happening at the moment....

You have to work some extra hours or rob a bank with full face helmet :) :)

Mine is 99k on the clock and I'm hearing 'Tak Tak' noise whenever I go over a pothole. It's a metallic noise I'm not sure whether it's coming from shock or the wheel cup (front wheel cups have only one inner ring instead of two, to be fixed to the wheel). My second set of tyres are reaching the end of the service too, but I'm sure I can do more than 5k with them...

Trinity any clue on how to check the status of Engine mounts?

Edited by HashanJay

Everything has a constraint called lifetime, looks like a genocide is happening at the moment....

You have to work some extra hours or rob a bank with full face helmet :) :)

Mine is 99k on the clock and I'm hearing 'Tak Tak' noise whenever I go over a pothole. It's a metallic noise I'm not sure whether it's coming from shock or the wheel cup (front wheel cups have only one inner ring instead of two, to be fixed to the wheel). My second set of tyres are reaching the end of the service too, but I'm sure I can do more than 5k with them...

Trinity any clue on how to check the status of Engine mounts?

Just by looking at them.. You can clearly see if the rubber bushing is broken or not.

And that sound could not be the hub caps (wheel cups). Are they genuine ones BTW?

Just by looking at them.. You can clearly see if the rubber bushing is broken or not.

And that sound could not be the hub caps (wheel cups). Are they genuine ones BTW?

Thanks, Trinity. I will check then, I guess I know where the three mounts are...

Yeah, the hubcaps are genuine... But before I bought the car some dumbass has removed them in a way that one of the two inner fitting rings to broke off, maybe during a tyre puncture.

Anyway good luck machan with your repairs...

Four and half years and 75,000 kms later, my front shocks are at the end of their life line.

Yesterday left the car at the garage (Auto Box) to replace the rear swing arm bushes which had been broken for some time now. Never had time to do the job and yesterday finally managed to get it done. While doing this they had checked the front suspension system as well and reported following also needs to be replaced as they are either broken or worn out.

1. Front Shocks (Both)

2. Shock dust boots and dampers

3. Engine mounts

I already knew that one of the Engine mounts are broken but shocks were news to me. Frankly I dont feel much difference when driving the car. I remember back in 2011 right before the shocks were changed for the first time, the car was really noisy and I could feel even a small pot hole/ bump on the road. I believe i have not reached that point yet but soon these needs to be changed.

Things to note :

The car was running with its original front shocks until 2011 ( 10 years & 80,000kms). I bought the car in 2009 and it had 54k kms on its clock.

New shocks were used only 4 & half years but the mileage is almost equal.

Up to 2014 the car was mostly driven on well paved roads and after 2014 to mid 2015 the car was daily driven on bloody avissawella colombo road, Buthgamuwa road and roads around Kotahena and Pettah which are mostly very very badly maintained.

The car took a real beating during this time and frankly it was the worst 1 & half years for the car as it daily ran on roads with heavy traffic, millions of pot holes (And Ass holes) and usually kept parked on Pettah Main Street and Bristol Street with high daily dosage of Sun, Bird Poo, Dust Mud and rain. It was washed only once a moth and suffered two hit & runs while it was parked.

Back to the topic again, I decided to not to get in to replacing shocks yet. Reasons are

1. I need to replace all four tires as they too are worn out (thinking of replacing the wheels as well.) [Tires will be the first priority]

2. The car is not a daily runner anymore

3. And I dont have money to do all these things at once

Advice - If you are changing engine mounts, please go for genuine ones even though they cost you an arm and leg. It'll save your money time and some hassle in the long run. These after market stuff wont last long.

My plan is to put KYB this time as well.

Engine mounts and other bushes will be bought from the Agent (or any other source which could provide genuine parts for a lesser amount.)

By the time i'm ready to do this i'm sure lower arm bushes will get busted too. If that happens they too will be replaced with at least recon parts. (Not gonna put cheap aftermarket ones again)

Will keep you guys posted on any developments.

Cheers!

You can check if your shocks are okay by simply pressing the car on each corner and checking if the car keeps bumping instead of returning to it's original position immediately after pressing. If the front struts are worn out, you will notice that the front of the car dips down under heavy braking. If none of these symptoms can be observed, your shocks may still be okay. It just might be the bushes and linkages that contribute towards the rattling. I think I remember that the guy at UniMo who inspected your car at the free service campaign also said that the rear linkages are at the end of their lifetime.

I agree with replacing engine mounts and even suspension components with genuine parts makes a huge difference when it comes to their lifetime. The last time I did a suspension repair, all the bushes and linkages I replaced was from the agent and they were okay even after a couple of years and until I sold the car. As for engine mounts, I think the front and rear engine mounts are the ones that are most probably worn out, because the other two are pretty solid. The two mounts are roll-stoppers and their lifetime is affected by a few things:

1. Your driving style: If you have a heavy foot and abruptly accelerate and race the engine, the mounts work constantly to keep the engine from "rolling". Thus affecting their lifetime.

2. The condition of the clutch: If the clutch is slipping, the engine will constantly be vibrating around the axis of the flywheel, again affecting the mounts

3. Idle condition: If the idle is rough, the mounts will be at work at all times, trying to dampen the vibration than normal

4. If either the front or rear mount is damaged, it will affect the mount on the opposite side and cause it to quickly wear out.

Hope you get the issues sorted out soon. So are you set on changing the rim size to 15 and going for a set of alloys? :)

• Like 4

You can check if your shocks are okay by simply pressing the car on each corner and checking if the car keeps bumping instead of returning to it's original position immediately after pressing. If the front struts are worn out, you will notice that the front of the car dips down under heavy braking. If none of these symptoms can be observed, your shocks may still be okay. It just might be the bushes and linkages that contribute towards the rattling. I think I remember that the guy at UniMo who inspected your car at the free service campaign also said that the rear linkages are at the end of their lifetime.

I agree with replacing engine mounts and even suspension components with genuine parts makes a huge difference when it comes to their lifetime. The last time I did a suspension repair, all the bushes and linkages I replaced was from the agent and they were okay even after a couple of years and until I sold the car. As for engine mounts, I think the front and rear engine mounts are the ones that are most probably worn out, because the other two are pretty solid. The two mounts are roll-stoppers and their lifetime is affected by a few things:

1. Your driving style: If you have a heavy foot and abruptly accelerate and race the engine, the mounts work constantly to keep the engine from "rolling". Thus affecting their lifetime.

2. The condition of the clutch: If the clutch is slipping, the engine will constantly be vibrating around the axis of the flywheel, again affecting the mounts

3. Idle condition: If the idle is rough, the mounts will be at work at all times, trying to dampen the vibration than normal

4. If either the front or rear mount is damaged, it will affect the mount on the opposite side and cause it to quickly wear out.

Hope you get the issues sorted out soon. So are you set on changing the rim size to 15 and going for a set of alloys? :)

Hi Davy

I'll check as instructed above. I believe I can use the shocks few more months as I don't feel much difference as there are no rattling noises when driven on bad roads. And the comfort level is not bad either. I need big buck before I set my hand on this.

About the wheels, yes I'm set on going for 15 OZs as we talked. Hoping to get ones similar to what was in the photo that I sent you. Same design and color. Will let you know he progress.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="trinity" data-cid="285687" data-time="1446300942"><p>

Hi DavyI'll check as instructed above. I believe I can use the shocks few more months as I don't feel much difference as there are no rattling noises when driven on bad roads. And the comfort level is not bad either. I need big buck before I set my hand on this. About the wheels, yes I'm set on going for 15 OZs as we talked. Hoping to get ones similar to what was in the photo that I sent you. Same design and color. Will let you know he progress.</p></blockquote>

Dude lemme know. Might be able to hook you up. You know the story with the coilovers right? Wink, wink.

Okay, finally got a chance to go to the AutoBox yesterday, and following is the quotation by them to fix the suspension system.

Front Shock Absorbers = 22020 (after 25% off from 14680 x 2)
Back Shock Absorbers = 16170 (after 25% off from 10780 x 2)
Shock Mounts = 7500 (3750 x 2)
Shock Boot = 3300 (1650 x 2)
Lower Arm Bush = 3300 (1650 x 2)
Rack End = 7400 (3700 x 2)
Rack Adjustment = 300
Caliper Pin Repair = 4600 (1150 x 4)
Break Pad Lockset = 5500
Bush Fitting Charge = 200
Labour Charge = 5850
Wheel Alignment = 1500
Total = 77640!
I don't have a clue why a Caliper Pin repair (they said it need to be sent to a lathe shop) and a replacement of Break Pad Lockset (apparently these are available only at UniMo) are needed for a suspension repair. I forgot to inquire about that :( A mechanic did an inspection run, and he asked me whether break pads were replaced recently, probably because a squealing sound can be heard sometimes when breaking. Maybe that has something to do with the mentioned repairs in the breaking system? Anyway, I'm going to ask about that from them before doing the actual repair, if I'm to do it from them. (Reading on the breaking system right now :))
One thing I'm really concerned about are their prices. The Shock Absorbers prices are way too high. For example, the front shocks will cost me 22020/= even after a 25% discount! When I inquired from TAAS couple of weeks back, they said they will give them for 17928 (including a 10% discount). Same story with the rear ones - only 15094/= at TAAS. These guys said they are also agents of TAAS, and their prices will be much lower than TAAS, which didn't turn out to be so. When I mentioned this, they said they might be able to give a further discount if the TAAS prices are actually lower than theirs. Also they said the prices from TAAS are probably for the Malaysian parts, not for the Japanese. I have to contact TAAS again to get that confirmed.
Furthermore, when I offered to buy the stuff by myself, they said they don't accept items bought by the customers. Then I mentioned they have done that in the past (remembering what @Trinity has mentioned in a previous comment of this thread). To that they said: they were used to do that, but not anymore.
Talking about the prices, they have also put 1500/= for wheel alignment. If I recall correctly, even Pit Stop's charges were lower than that. However, for @HashanJay AutoBox had charged 750/= only. Maybe the 1500/= for me includes the camber adjustment as noted in @Trinity's costs?
They also charged me 1500/= for the inspection, and said they will refund it if I do the repair from them, which is somewhat fair enough. However, I did an inspection from Pit Stop before going to AutoBox, and they did it without charging anything! That was when I went there for a wheel alignment, to which they said it would be useless doing the alignment before fixing the suspension system. Their estimation for labour was 10000 - 15000/=. The main reason I wanted AutoBox's opinion was Pit Stop said I have to replace both Lower Arms. According to AutoBox only the bush needs to be replaced.
I think they might probably give more discounts when I go for the actual repair, but after seeing the quotation (especially for the Shocks) I'm having second thoughts now. Seems I should better get another opinion from somewhere else, considering the total amount.
Edited by Elrond

Okay, finally got a chance to go to the AutoBox yesterday, and following is the quotation by them to fix the suspension system.

Front Shock Absorbers = 22020 (after 25% off from 14680 x 2)

Back Shock Absorbers = 16170 (after 25% off from 10780 x 2)

Shock Mounts = 7500 (3750 x 2)

Shock Boot = 3300 (1650 x 2)

Lower Arm Bush = 3300 (1650 x 2)

Rack End = 7400 (3700 x 2)

Rack Adjustment = 300

Caliper Pin Repair = 4600 (1150 x 4)

Break Pad Lockset = 5500

Bush Fitting Charge = 200

Labour Charge = 5850

Wheel Alignment = 1500

Total = 77640!

I don't have a clue why a Caliper Pin repair (they said it need to be sent to a lathe shop) and a replacement of Break Pad Lockset (apparently these are available only at UniMo) are needed for a suspension repair. I forgot to inquire about that :( A mechanic did an inspection run, and he asked me whether break pads were replaced recently, probably because a squealing sound can be heard sometimes when breaking. Maybe that has something to do with the mentioned repairs in the breaking system? Anyway, I'm going to ask about that from them before doing the actual repair, if I'm to do it from them. (Reading on the breaking system right now :))

One thing I'm really concerned about are their prices. The Shock Absorbers prices are way too high. For example, the front shocks will cost me 22020/= even after a 25% discount! When I inquired from TAAS couple of weeks back, they said they will give them for 17928 (including a 10% discount). Same story with the rear ones - only 15094/= at TAAS. These guys said they are also agents of TAAS, and their prices will be much lower than TAAS, which didn't turn out to be so. When I mentioned this, they said they might be able to give a further discount if the TAAS prices are actually lower than theirs. Also they said the prices from TAAS are probably for the Malaysian parts, not for the Japanese. I have to contact TAAS again to get that confirmed.

Furthermore, when I offered to buy the stuff by myself, they said they don't accept items bought by the customers. Then I mentioned they have done that in the past (remembering what @Trinity has mentioned in a previous comment of this thread). To that they said: they were used to do that, but not anymore.

Talking about the prices, they have also put 1500/= for wheel alignment. If I recall correctly, even Pit Stop's charges were lower than that. However, for @HashanJay AutoBox had charged 750/= only. Maybe the 1500/= for me includes the camber adjustment as noted in @Trinity's costs?

They also charged me 1500/= for the inspection, and said they will refund it if I do the repair from them, which is somewhat fair enough. However, I did an inspection from Pit Stop before going to AutoBox, and they did it without charging anything! That was when I went there for a wheel alignment, to which they said it would be useless doing the alignment before fixing the suspension system. Their estimation for labour was 10000 - 15000/=. The main reason I wanted AutoBox's opinion was Pit Stop said I have to replace both Lower Arms. According to AutoBox only the bush needs to be replaced.

I think they might probably give more discounts when I go for the actual repair, but after seeing the quotation (especially for the Shocks) I'm having second thoughts now. Seems I should better get another opinion from somewhere else, considering the total amount.

Hi Elrond

Seeing this while having a drink with a friend. Will reply you tomorrow. For now I just want to say is that if they don't accept parts bought in by customers, there is no point of going there for that kind of big repair.

Will come back to you with additional info tomorrow.

Cheers!