• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Micro Panda Geely Lc 1.3

dreezone

The Maruti's drive a lot better than the Chinese cars though. Not sure exactly why, but I suspect its got something to do with how the transmission is laid out; for they all seem to have the same engine capacity.

This particular car is leagues ahead of Marutis and the like when when it comes to driving characteristics IMHO. It actually feels like a small euro car in the old VW polo/pug 206 mould. Yes that is high praise I know, but it actually is that good to drive (recalcitrant engine apart)

@ Reckless- Like Abeysinghe said its just assembled in Sri Lanka, all the designing and parts come from china :)

@ AbeysingheE- Hold your horses mate, dont get into the whole "Volvo Technology" buzz. I know someone who sold his swift and bought a Trend cause he was kind of "the patriotic type" You know "siya rata de siri sapa de" kind of guy ;)

But he was very disappointing with the so called volvo technology and said it did only 8Kmpl, wanted to sell it and go back to a swift but unfortunately it seems that a second hand market for micro is non existing <_<

only 8Kmpl for trend? That is impossible. I drove a one for two three months and I got 11 -12 Kmpl withing Colombo city. Once we went to Kandy which had 300Km and we scored 15Kmpl. Car is auto.

Trend is far more better than Alto. Has more room and more acceleration.

This particular car is leagues ahead of Marutis and the like when when it comes to driving characteristics IMHO. It actually feels like a small euro car in the old VW polo/pug 206 mould. Yes that is high praise I know, but it actually is that good to drive (recalcitrant engine apart)

Hmm since ur first impression on the car seem to be positive, im quite intrigued to see how this performs in the market. The last time i checked paper adverts, leasing company's were offering the a star and this geely at very similar monthly installments. However the a star may definetly have an upper hand with superior after sales service, resale value etc.

Edited by rangerover

Members,

Micro had a Advertisement on D/N few days back that they have EX Stock when I contacted them by telephone they inform me I have to pay Rupees 250000.00 and have to be in waiting list it may take two to three months that also they cannot promise. I told the sales executive who came on the line that advertisement says EX Stock that is violation of consumer protection authority regulations by advertising faulty statement to say that they have EX Stock. Next advertisement appeared without that Ex Stock two words.

Micro is playing with public money I booked a Micro buddy Van in January promised delivery in early March when I inquired for my booking they say delivery in early June. I threw the invoice to the sales executives table and walked out went to A*W show room which is very close to their show room and they gave me a Maruti Omni much less cost Rupees 9.65M in 5th of this month within 7 days of booking full lease from the bank no advance payment.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Members,

Micro had a Advertisement on D/N few days back that they have EX Stock when I contacted them by telephone they inform me I have to pay Rupees 250000.00 and have to be in waiting list it may take two to three months that also they cannot promise. I told the sales executive who came on the line that advertisement says EX Stock that is violation of consumer protection authority regulations by advertising faulty statement to say that they have EX Stock. Next advertisement appeared without that Ex Stock two words.

Micro is playing with public money I booked a Micro buddy Van in January promised delivery in early March when I inquired for my booking they say delivery in early June. I threw the invoice to the sales executives table and walked out went to A*W show room which is very close to their show room and they gave me a Maruti Omni much less cost Rupees 9.65M in 5th of this month within 7 days of booking full lease from the bank no advance payment.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

What happened to your beloved Chana? Drove it through a flood again?

I accept your point however, the Micro agents seem to be really terrible when it comes to customer service whether pre or post sale. Its even more unfortunate now that they are actually starting to get decent products that people may want to buy.

What happened to your beloved Chana? Drove it through a flood again?

I accept your point however, the Micro agents seem to be really terrible when it comes to customer service whether pre or post sale. Its even more unfortunate now that they are actually starting to get decent products that people may want to buy.

'Supra_Natural'

Micro has horrible sales staff they think they are lords and we have to dance to their tune. At after market service my friends also says service is very poor never give a vehicle on time.

I sold Chana Van about 8 months ago as I had number of engine and brake problems. I corrected all when I was in a Car sale who came to buy a Vehicle saw mine and requested the vehicle to buy As it was a Chinese I got rid of same for a reasonable price.

For 8 months used Taxis for family running. My personal use for work I bought new bajaj Three wheeler very economical on petrol average of 25 for a liter.

Now I am with a Maruti Omni just 9 days. Happy with small van must run some more to comment got new A/C fitted no Radio this will befitted in few days after N/Y holidays. A/C cost me 45000.00 Rupees. I repainted the buffer head light covers with Silver spray paint. Removed one rear seat as it comes with two seats in rear fitted in a way passengers will have to face each other fitted only one seat in rear adjusted the seat angle to be comfortable and more leg space. To have enough room for luggage.

Two of us as only. Daughter is married and living separately.Can get hold of another old couple like us to go for a holiday. Not gone for some time as my Spinster Sis was living with me she passed away last September living 84 Years 10 months so for last two years we were unable to leave her and go.

Wishing you a happy new year.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi
  • Like 1

'Supra_Natural'

Micro has horrible sales staff they think they are lords and we have to dance to their tune. At after market service my friends also says service is very poor never give a vehicle on time.

I sold Chana Van about 8 months ago as I had number of engine and brake problems. I corrected all when I was in a Car sale who came to buy a Vehicle saw mine and requested the vehicle to buy As it was a Chinese I got rid of same for a reasonable price.

For 8 months used Taxis for family running. My personal use for work I bought new bajaj Three wheeler very economical on petrol average of 25 for a liter.

Now I am with a Maruti Omni just 9 days. Happy with small van must run some more to comment got new A/C fitted no Radio this will befitted in few days after N/Y holidays. A/C cost me 45000.00 Rupees. I repainted the buffer head light covers with Silver spray paint. Removed one rear seat as it comes with two seats in rear fitted in a way passengers will have to face each other fitted only one seat in rear adjusted the seat angle to be comfortable and more leg space. To have enough room for luggage.

Two of us as only. Daughter is married and living separately.Can get hold of another old couple like us to go for a holiday. Not gone for some time as my Spinster Sis was living with me she passed away last September living 84 Years 10 months so for last two years we were unable to leave her and go.

Wishing you a hay new year.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

I also have heard most people accuse micro for their service. but I also went to the service center once to service the trend I used (my mother's) and I got the car back in time. Since most people say how terrible their service, I went there at about 7 am where my appointment time was 7.30. I met their service engineer and he told me that washing the car will take more time and it might cause some delay. (after I told him these terrible delays at micro services). Anyway I am not commenting micro service is very good since I have got my car in time since I have done only one service with them myself. May be I have got lucky :D :D. Anyway I advice people to take your car as early as possible.

If anyone need any information about trend just let me know

'Supra_Natural'

Wishing you a happy new year.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Its great that u r enjoying ur new ride, but do you think supra_natural wanted such a descriptive answer to his very simple question? B)

Its great that u r enjoying ur new ride, but do you think supra_natural wanted such a descriptive answer to his very simple question? B)

someday soon when he kicks the bucket he probably wants us to write a biography and publish it :rolleyes:

It's a shame that Micro is let down by its after sales. This does genuinely looks like a tempting car, and on Supra_Natural's note that it rides like a 206, i'd say thats very probable...

We always accuse the chinese of copying other's designs, and yes, its unethical, but imititation is the best form of flattery. These guys will litereally tear down a european or japanese car, and then build their own version according to what they've learnt. Lets not forget this is exactly what the japanese used to do before they became fully competent in car design. The future is chinese whether we like it or not....

Edited by esdeez

only 8Kmpl for trend? That is impossible. I drove a one for two three months and I got 11 -12 Kmpl withing Colombo city. Once we went to Kandy which had 300Km and we scored 15Kmpl. Car is auto.

Trend is far more better than Alto. Has more room and more acceleration.

Sales persons at Micro Borella says its about 14Km/l. It has 1.3 engine.

Its performances not bad as i saw videos on youtube. Search for Geely LC on youtube.

Just take a look at this http://www.youtube.c...h?v=5derAnFsQc0.

I think main problem with this car is lower ground clearance. Its only 120mm.

Edited by Nirosha

Sales persons at Micro Borella says its about 14Km/l. It has 1.3 engine.

Its performances not bad as i saw videos on youtube. Search for Geely LC on youtube.

Just take a look at this http://www.youtube.c...h?v=5derAnFsQc0.

I think main problem with this car is lower ground clearance. Its only 120mm.

I was referring to MIcro trend not to Panda. Trend is another Chinese car where it's original name is Hafoi Lobo. It is with 1075 CC engine. Since Panda is a 1.3L engine I think it won't do beyond 10Km/L. I may be wrong. But definitely you cannot trust sales persons in Micro. :D. For me the best employer at micro is the guy at Borella show room. He can "Thela gahanna" for anyone.

I have been in a trend. As much as we grunt abt indian vehicles, there is no way you could compare the build quality of a trend to an alto. Alto aint the best in the trade, but definetly takes the cake against the trend

For me, the build quality is same. It may be little less for Micro since it is assembled in Sri Lanka. But for me trend is better than alto since it has more space and acceleration. Also I haven't drove a alto K10 which can be more powerful than earlier alto 800.

someday soon when he kicks the bucket he probably wants us to write a biography and publish it :rolleyes:

'Stig',

Please note if some animal is born to this world have to kick the bucket one day. Don't bother to write Biography of mine.

As I have proved my self as a Blue collar worker for last 50 years or more.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'Stig',

Please note if some animal is born to this world have to kick the bucket one day. Don't bother to write Biography of mine.

As I have proved my self as a Blue collar worker for last 50 years or more.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Okay noted :rolleyes:

I am just curious, do you think this is an attempt by a sales guy at Micro to advertise without paying Autolanka its dues ? ....... I'm slightly spooked by the last sentence ....

I am sorry. This is not an advertisement and I am not working for Microcars. I am interested in buying a car and wanted to know the experience from other users.

The specs and detailed I just copied from microcars site.

However if there is a problem with my post violating Autolanka rules moderators can do their duty....

Once again my only intention was to share knowledge....

polishing everyone's marbles i presume :lol:

Stig',

This forum is about Automobiles to help members on automobiles so I hope members in future will think before they post to this forum so that other members will benefit instead of writing unwanted things not related to automobiles. I hoe you are a educated person coming from a good family child of good Parents.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi

How dare you insult Mr. Sylvi. He has been on this forum for more than 50 years.

'jdnet',

I am Positive that this Auto lanka Forum was not there fifty years back. Only Automobile Association existed to help motorists in the past for number of years they did a enormous service to motorists during the past. I think you want to add your Posts number adding something to the forum to say you are the most active member on the forum.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'jdnet',

I am Positive that this Auto lanka Forum was not there fifty years back. Only Automobile Association existed to help motorists in the past for number of years they did a enormous service to motorists during the past. I think you want to add your Posts number adding something to the forum to say you are the most active member on the forum.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

List member sylvi,

Mistake made about how long this site was opened. Apologize same. My wife's mother's cousin's daugther is a long time member of said association. Not sure anymore because now she is married and has two boys and a girl. Don't know she can keep paying membership fees.

jdnet

List member sylvi,

Mistake made about how long this site was opened. Apologize same. My wife's mother's cousin's daugther is a long time member of said association. Not sure anymore because now she is married and has two boys and a girl. Don't know she can keep paying membership fees.

jdnet

'Jdnet'

Thanks for your return reply not necessary a apology. Forget about same.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi