66 replies to this topic

#1 clc

clc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 03:53 PM

DEAR fRIENDS,

WHEN I BOUGHT HONDA CIVIC EK3 VI RS FOR MANUAL,NOW I PLAN TO CHANGE THE GEAR BOX TO AUTO,WHAT ABOUT IT,PLZ ADVICE ME.OR ELSE WHERE CAN I BUY A AUTO GEAR BOX,WHERE CAN I FIXED IT.

THANKS

REGARDS
RAVI :alc:

#2 evergreen

evergreen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Interests:Hiking, Safaries, Saturday Mechanics

Posted 03 May 2011 - 04:14 PM

DEAR fRIENDS,

WHEN I BOUGHT HONDA CIVIC EK3 VI RS FOR MANUAL,NOW I PLAN TO CHANGE THE GEAR BOX TO AUTO,WHAT ABOUT IT,PLZ ADVICE ME.OR ELSE WHERE CAN I BUY A AUTO GEAR BOX,WHERE CAN I FIXED IT.

THANKS

REGARDS

dude, i cannot nderstand why on earth you want to convert this awesme manual machine to an auto? and it not just the gearbox. you need the ecu as well. i doubt you would find all the parts you need. better live with the manual. or you sell that and buy an auto.
1994 Toyota Corolla XE- Still Around
1999-Honda Civic Vi-Multimatic- Gone!
1999-Honda civic vi-Manual-Gone, But Never forgotten
2001-Mazda Familia RS-Manual-Gone! A Disappointment

#3 nexus

nexus

Pathfinder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,787 posts
  • Interests:Cars Computer Games Playing Cricket And Many More.....

Posted 03 May 2011 - 04:30 PM

DEAR fRIENDS,

THANKS

REGARDS

why on earth you want to do that dude manual virs are very hard to find and it cost a lot to do a converting as evergreen pointed out the best option is for you is to sale it or exchange it with a auto one.

Edited by nexus, 03 May 2011 - 04:30 PM.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

"people assumed cars would break down of course they would they made of fifteen thousand parts so it's inevitable that time to time some of those parts will brake.then along came the japanese motor industry show that wasn't
necessarily the case it's the greatest contribution probably ever to the world of cars" -jeremy clarkson-

#4 Harry (aq)

Harry (aq)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Cars, and more Cars and a little bit of movies

Posted 03 May 2011 - 04:55 PM

Oh please don't covert it to Auto. Very hard to find these manuals

#5 The Don

The Don

Pro Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,832 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 05:36 PM

As you can see, there might be many enthusiasts wanting to buy your manual, so it might be easier just to sell the manual and buy an automatic.

Also converting the car to auto is not as simple as buying an auto gear box. You will also need to find the gearbox ECU, wiring loom, gear level assembly, upholstry and trim that house the auto selector assembly, and possibly a new indicator panel in the dashboard, which indicates the current gear (this of course is optional).

#6 clc

clc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:22 PM

dude, i cannot nderstand why on earth you want to convert this awesme manual machine to an auto? and it not just the gearbox. you need the ecu as well. i doubt you would find all the parts you need. better live with the manual. or you sell that and buy an auto.

:violent-smiley-030:
thanks for the advice

#7 clc

clc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:23 PM

why on earth you want to do that dude manual virs are very hard to find and it cost a lot to do a converting as evergreen pointed out the best option is for you is to sale it or exchange it with a auto one.

i am not going to sale it.any way thanks for the advice

#8 clc

clc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:24 PM

Oh please don't covert it to Auto. Very hard to find these manuals

thanks

#9 clc

clc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:26 PM

As you can see, there might be many enthusiasts wanting to buy your manual, so it might be easier just to sell the manual and buy an automatic.

Also converting the car to auto is not as simple as buying an auto gear box. You will also need to find the gearbox ECU, wiring loom, gear level assembly, upholstry and trim that house the auto selector assembly, and possibly a new indicator panel in the dashboard, which indicates the current gear (this of course is optional).

dude thanks for the advice & reply

#10 MkX

MkX

Pro Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 09:07 PM

Yep and also Vi-RS has the mulitimatic gear box also the S1,S2 switches located in steering wheel. And as said manual ViRS is the most rare model in EK3 i guess. Even I would consider getting a manual one if possible.

If you really want to go for auto ViRS best option is to sell your car and get well maintained auto ViRS one to two laks below the amount you sell. And it will save you lot of money, time and possible ruined up car if not done properly.
When you are in deep ShiT .. Keep ur mouth ShuT

#11 clc

clc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:36 AM

Yep and also Vi-RS has the mulitimatic gear box also the S1,S2 switches located in steering wheel. And as said manual ViRS is the most rare model in EK3 i guess. Even I would consider getting a manual one if possible.

If you really want to go for auto ViRS best option is to sell your car and get well maintained auto ViRS one to two laks below the amount you sell. And it will save you lot of money, time and possible ruined up car if not done properly.

in my vi rs,S1,S2 switchers are there,but it's not function,where can i full check up with my car,and if the witch are not working what's the reason for it.e
which place is good for full check up stafford or mag city.

#12 evergreen

evergreen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:53 AM

in my vi rs,S1,S2 switchers are there,but it's not function,where can i full check up with my car,and if the witch are not working what's the reason for it.e
which place is good for full check up stafford or mag city.

cat is out of the bag!! your car must have been converted from an auto a manual. whoever who did that has left the original steering with the shifter buttons. dude, look at your meter panel carefully, you will most likely see the auto gear position indicator too.

#13 nexus

nexus

Pathfinder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,787 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:55 AM

cat is out of the bag!! your car must have been converted from an auto a manual. whoever who did that has left the original steering with the shifter buttons. dude, look at your meter panel carefully, you will most likely see the auto gear position indicator too.

there is a another possibility maybe previous owner have change the steering wheel. :unsure:
Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

"people assumed cars would break down of course they would they made of fifteen thousand parts so it's inevitable that time to time some of those parts will brake.then along came the japanese motor industry show that wasn't
necessarily the case it's the greatest contribution probably ever to the world of cars" -jeremy clarkson-

#14 pug306xsi

pug306xsi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Interests:Peugeot 306 Series... Hatchbacks of course!

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:06 AM

there is a another possibility maybe previous owner have change the steering wheel. :unsure:

Hello all sorry to sound dumb but what is a multimatic gear box and what is the S1 S2 switch for?
thanks.
Martin Brundle: “Kimi Raikkonen doesn’t seem interested in the proceedings going on up there. Kimi, you missed the presentation by Pele.”
Kimi (nonchalantly): “Yeah.”
Martin: ”Will you get over it?”
Kimi: “Yeah. I was having a shit.”
Martin: “OK, thanks for that! Obviously you’ll have a nice light car on the grid, then.”

Brazil '06

#15 nexus

nexus

Pathfinder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,787 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:17 PM

Hello all sorry to sound dumb but what is a multimatic gear box and what is the S1 S2 switch for?
thanks.

http://en.wikipedia....le_transmission

#16 MkX

MkX

Pro Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:17 PM

S1 & S2 is to toggle between normal drive and sports mode. And multimatic is another name for CVT by honda.

And CLC i suggest you to take it to stafford and stay away from Magcity for mechanical and engine relatad matters.

I guess you need to see if you have proper ViRS gear box, ECU changed or remapped correctly to manual gear box, etc. (assuming you have original auto converted to manual)

Can any honda expert comment that do we really have original ViRS with manual transmission? I've never come across any manual, but only heard those are rare to find?
When you are in deep ShiT .. Keep ur mouth ShuT

#17 mosh

mosh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:52 PM

Hi guys,

Is there possibility of converting VIRS auto to manual. I also hav AIRS auto with multimatic but expressing jump-up problem until engine get heat.

How much will it cost for me?

#18 evergreen

evergreen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:53 PM

S1 & S2 is to toggle between normal drive and sports mode. And multimatic is another name for CVT by honda.

And CLC i suggest you to take it to stafford and stay away from Magcity for mechanical and engine relatad matters.

I guess you need to see if you have proper ViRS gear box, ECU changed or remapped correctly to manual gear box, etc. (assuming you have original auto converted to manual)

Can any honda expert comment that do we really have original ViRS with manual transmission? I've never come across any manual, but only heard those are rare to find?

yes. there were a quite a few..including one that i drove for few months which had GC plates. it was a late 1998 manual virs. belongs to a friend of mine.

#19 evergreen

evergreen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:55 PM

Hi guys,

Is there possibility of converting VIRS auto to manual. I also hav AIRS auto with multimatic but expressing jump-up problem until engine get heat.

How much will it cost for me?

anyway you will soon have to replace your gear box.

#20 Chooti Putha

Chooti Putha

Pro Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts
  • Interests:Rallying, Circuit Racing, Gravel Racing

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:58 PM

yes. there were a quite a few..including one that i drove for few months which had GC plates. it was a late 1998 manual virs. belongs to a friend of mine.

GC - 2777 ??? :)