17 replies to this topic

#1 shifa

shifa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:48 PM

Hi :unsure:

I recently Purchase Vitz 1000cc..its doing only 7-8 km only.
normaly vitz do 12km/l..pls advice me to solve this issue.
should i do engine tuneup ??? what is best place tuneup the engine...

Edited by shifa, 16 June 2011 - 08:52 PM.

#2 miniace

miniace

The Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,583 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:08 PM

Yes tune up first if no significant improvement change the driving style.

MINIACE

20809891_125x125.png

#3 ShintaroX

ShintaroX

Ice Cold

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:55 AM

I doubt that the VItz 1000cc does 12 km/l. I drove one for a while and I know 2 others who have one of those 1000cc Vitz's that get the same efficiency as you.

I suspect that the tune-up will not help at all.
"Absinthe makes the farts go 'Honda'", William Shakespeare, Othello. (Edited by Shintaro)

#4 g-unit

g-unit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:28 AM

i have a vitz 1.0 F grade with the 14'' wheels. I recently covered a return trip to galle 230 k.m and a Colombo run of 170 k.m and pumped just 24 litres full tank. The above mileage was done with A/C . From my experience the driving style matters the most in getting a good fuel economy. Stop hard accelerations and unnecessary braking. It works wonders. The U grade with the 15 wheels might do a little less. I hope you got your car serviced as soon as you got it.

#5 AbeysinghE

AbeysinghE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 432 posts
  • Interests:Swimming ,Cricket, Web Surfing.

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:55 AM

your figures can be correct since your one is 1000 cc.When you travel with few people on 1000 cc can be worst than 1300 cc as far as fuel consumption is concerned. I think 1300 cc does 15 km/l in long run as one of my friends using it i know it.I think if you care more about fuel you better go for a Passo, It's cheaper same inside space as VITZ and more fuel economy. :rolleyes: I don't think an engine tuneup will help you on this.I think you should try to change your driving style a bit and ride it without paddling hard.

Edited by AbeysinghE, 17 June 2011 - 11:58 AM.

#6 ShintaroX

ShintaroX

Ice Cold

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:56 AM

I recently covered a return trip to galle 230 k.m and a Colombo run of 170 k.m and pumped just 24 litres full tank.

A full tank in a vitz is 42 litres, not 24. If you did a mostly outstation trip covering 400km with 42 litres that is 9.5km/l, so the OP experiencing 7-8 km/l in Colombo is about right.
"Absinthe makes the farts go 'Honda'", William Shakespeare, Othello. (Edited by Shintaro)

#7 g-unit

g-unit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:20 PM

A full tank in a vitz is 42 litres, not 24. If you did a mostly outstation trip covering 400km with 42 litres that is 9.5km/l, so the OP experiencing 7-8 km/l in Colombo is about right.

Bro before you jump into making comments in threads I suggest you use your head. I said I ran 400 k.m and filled it up till it was FULL TANK. In which point in my post did I say that I ran my tank bone dry????????????????? There were 3 bars left when I filled it. Is that simple enough for you? Also if I had to pump 42 liters my friend I'd have to push the car to the station.

#8 Rachitha

Rachitha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 02:51 PM

I've wanted to know the best possible fuel consumption, so I drove the car very consciously. I manage to get 18.56km/l from a return trip to Aluthgama from Nugegoda on a Sunday.
Its a 2007 model 1000cc Vitz. The CVT gbox is very sensitive to your driving style,cos when others drove we got only 12-13km/l average.

Edited by Rachitha, 17 June 2011 - 02:52 PM.

#9 ShintaroX

ShintaroX

Ice Cold

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:34 PM

Bro before you jump into making comments in threads I suggest you use your head. I said I ran 400 k.m and filled it up till it was FULL TANK. In which point in my post did I say that I ran my tank bone dry????????????????? There were 3 bars left when I filled it. Is that simple enough for you? Also if I had to pump 42 liters my friend I'd have to push the car to the station.

Here's simple for you, learn some maths. Filling 24 litres to make a full tank still means you had 42 litres in your tank. And your three bars? You didn't mention that before, you said you used a full tank to travel 400Km.

No one needs your kind of high-handed, arrogant commentaries. "Use your head", puhlease.

Shintaro out.

#10 g-unit

g-unit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 02:26 AM

clearly you don't understand the meaning of maths or the English language. I'm pretty sure everyone else understood perfectly what i said. So stop being slow and get with the program. This is autoLanka. A forum for intellectuals. So the smartest comment you made was at the end when you put your name and said OUT. Now do us all a favour and stay out.

#11 shifa

shifa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:29 AM

i have a vitz 1.0 F grade with the 14'' wheels. I recently covered a return trip to galle 230 k.m and a Colombo run of 170 k.m and pumped just 24 litres full tank. The above mileage was done with A/C . From my experience the driving style matters the most in getting a good fuel economy. Stop hard accelerations and unnecessary braking. It works wonders. The U grade with the 15 wheels might do a little less. I hope you got your car serviced as soon as you got it.

Thanks For the information.
I dont hard accelerations and unnecessary braking while driving..slow driving only.
which is the best place to service and Tuneup the engine...T*yota Lanka or Pitstop
is it necessary fuel system cleaning..my car has driven only 30K.

#12 shifa

shifa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:30 AM

I dont hard accelerations and unnecessary braking while driving..slow driving only.
which is the best place to service and Tuneup the engine...T*yota Lanka or Pitstop

#13 Pericles

Pericles

Cleaner of Manure

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,398 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 09:49 AM

Well, try driving a little faster :) If you drive on a lower gear ratio all the time, you don't get good figures. Don't accelerate hard, but get it upto 50 and keep it there (Speed limits)

Signing off...
Preveen R.
Team autoLanka

This is not a Barbie's dream house tea-party, where we sit around like girls discussing hair and makeup. This is an automotive forum, which deals with grease marks, dirt under our nails and piloting metal cages with a load of highly explosive chemicals in a barrel under the back seat.

#14 g-unit

g-unit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 11:26 AM

If you didn't get your car serviced as soon as you bought it, get your vehicle checked at a service station. Dirty air cleaners and bad engine oil (specially if there's sludge build up) affects the fuel consumption. get the oil and fuel filters changed as well.

#15 toyota sucks

toyota sucks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:52 PM

The vitz has 10 or 8 bars if 3 bars were left there will only be about 30% left in the tank + the volume till the filler cap.
So the fuel used was 42*70%l = 29.4l
So the fuel economy is = 13.6 km/l
So do u'r calculations correctly rather than trying to say the useless car that u bought does more to the liter tough it vibrates more than a diesel.
Ok if this is the amount u payed for please tell me the petrol shed u go to i'll be filling up there after now.
And also ask u'r wife if she had filled or pumped Rs1000.00 between the trips :violent-smiley-030:
(1) The clutch is like you'r wife
It's fun to use,
But sometimes you wish u never had one

(2) The L badge of a lexus shows how much of a looser the is.

#16 Pericles

Pericles

Cleaner of Manure

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,398 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 09:28 AM

Don't see why so many people had trouble with g-unit's earlier post. I understood it right without further explanations. Seems fairly reasonable.

Signing off...
Preveen R.
Team autoLanka

This is not a Barbie's dream house tea-party, where we sit around like girls discussing hair and makeup. This is an automotive forum, which deals with grease marks, dirt under our nails and piloting metal cages with a load of highly explosive chemicals in a barrel under the back seat.

#17 upulhad

upulhad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:# swimming # Reading # Auto-tech

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:36 AM

im using 2008 F L , and with good driving habit manage to run 18 to 20 kmpl..in outstation(col - Anuradhapura ) using Oct 95 fuel,

" Whenever you have plenty of ammo, you never miss. Whenever you are low on ammo, you can't hit the broad side of a barn "

#18 upulhad

upulhad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:# swimming # Reading # Auto-tech

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:38 AM

im using 2008 F L , and with good driving habit manage to run 18 to 20 kmpl..in outstation(col - Anuradhapura ) using Oct 95 fuel,

To Col -Nuwaraeliya its very less 12 to 15 kmpl

" Whenever you have plenty of ammo, you never miss. Whenever you are low on ammo, you can't hit the broad side of a barn "