• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Pls Read - Extreamly Important For All Vehicle Owners

DVT

Dear all,

My friend had pumped fuel yesterday from CEXXTCO and now the fuel pump is gone.

He called agents in the morning to See if they have stocks and learnt that already they have been reported 19 similar cases.

Guess what's the reason.......an issues with fuel.

Please be informed and let your friends know. :action-smiley-060:

DVT

Dear all,

My friend had pumped fuel yesterday from CEXXTCO and now the fuel pump is gone.

He called agents in the morning to See if they have stocks and learnt that already they have been reported 19 similar cases.

Guess what's the reason.......an issues with fuel.

Please be informed and let your friends know. :action-smiley-060:

DVT

I have pumped fuel on last Friday from a CEXXTCO station in Horana and the man pumping said "me petrol maara gandai sir", when I asked whether it is common he said no and it was only with the new stock which came from Kolonnawa. I'm now suspecting whether I had this bad stock.

Unfortunately I pumped a full tank and dunno what to do now :blink:

• Like 1

Pumped fuel on sunday at the Horton place IOC.... Fuel pump packed up monday morning.

Thankfully mechanic had a pump on hand and replaced it that day itself. By yesterday 20 odd cars had issues apparently. Now there appears to be a shortage of VW/Audi pumps in SL and sellers are charging premiums.

I conform this too as Aruna's garage had about many fuel pump failed 406s all of a sudden. Usually, the pump comes back to life when tapped on to it at least to drive it to the garage but this time he couldnt do it Aruna told with me. Seems something seriously wrong with the quality of fuel.

Not gonna take the 406 out for a while ;)

Which petrol shed did your friend pump from and what was the vehicle?

Guys,

Can the victims ask for damages from insuarnce companies ?

Edited by DVT

Ok just heard loads of cars are having issues with fuel pumps and injectors getting screwd but heard its only for 90 octane can somebody confirm this???

I Pumped the 95 "Xtra Premium" thing... but thankfully only about 10 Liters... ran a system cleaner through the tank after replacing the pump just in case.

any chance that ceypetco/ioc can be made to pay for these repairs? are class action law suits possible in Sri Lanka?

btw was this problem only for 90 octane or has there been issues also with 95?

I pumped some 95 @ ceypetco (welikada) on saturday - so far no issues with fuel supply (fingers crossed)

Ceypetco and IOC both get fuel from the same supplier so both should be affected. 95 is not any cleaner than 90. It's just added octane so 95 and 90 should be equally affected. Basically, we all are in deep trouble.

Class action lawsuits are possible in Sri Lanka.

I pumped from Laugfs yesterday and keeping my fingers crossed ryt now.

any chance that ceypetco/ioc can be made to pay for these repairs? are class action law suits possible in Sri Lanka?

btw was this problem only for 90 octane or has there been issues also with 95?

I pumped some 95 @ ceypetco (welikada) on saturday - so far no issues with fuel supply (fingers crossed)

Was wondering when they started issuing low quality fuel as I pumped on this last Sunday. I don't mind flushing whats left in the tank if it's believed to be of low quality coz the price of a pump is way higher than the cost of a tankfull

Ceypetco and IOC both get fuel from the same supplier so both should be affected. 95 is not any cleaner than 90. It's just added octane so 95 and 90 should be equally affected. Basically, we all are in deep trouble.

Class action lawsuits are possible in Sri Lanka.

I pumped from Laugfs yesterday and keeping my fingers crossed ryt now.

Seriously we should do something as they're playing with our money and getaway Scott free. Now, that's something which has to be stopped.

If not compensation the authorities should at least disclose the nature of the problem and possible remedies.

Guys any idea whether a fuel additive (e.g. SoltXXn) could improve the fuel (just a wild guess)?

(P.S. I did a full tank and have abt 55 ltr now in tank which is bit near to the cost of the pump, so I need to think of the dumping cost also).

• Like 1

Ceypetco and IOC both get fuel from the same supplier so both should be affected.

at least part of IOC supply is refined fuel imported from India; as opposed to stuff refined locally

95 is not any cleaner than 90. It's just added octane so 95 and 90 should be equally affected.

well, could have depended on where in the process the shit happened (e.g. some contamination in storage tanks for a particular octane); but anyway from Supra's comment it would appear that the problem was also there on 95.

btw what is happening to the fuel pumps? is it getting clogged by impurities? is it conking out due to lack of lubrication (petrol lubricates the pump)? are the insides melting?

• Like 1

I Pumped the 95 "Xtra Premium" thing... but thankfully only about 10 Liters... ran a system cleaner through the tank after replacing the pump just in case.

I think IOC super xtra premium means octane 98..and Ceypetco super petrol means octane 95..correct me if I'm wrong..

If not compensation the authorities should at least disclose the nature of the problem and possible remedies.

Guys any idea whether a fuel additive (e.g. SoltXXn) could improve the fuel (just a wild guess)?

(P.S. I did a full tank and have abt 55 ltr now in tank which is bit near to the cost of the pump, so I need to think of the dumping cost also).

I called the fuel station because i just pumped fuel and done about max 10 km to see if they know anything about this

They said they know the issue and even today morning checked for the quality and which is fine.

Also they mentioned the additive level has gone up with some fuel and they get it down from trinco in their boucers

Not sure how accurate this info.

However thought it would be helpful for all of us

Note - the fuel station is the IOC at IDH