• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Prius Hybrid

joybook

That's a relief. Maybe you can share the annual maintenance cost of your bmw with us, after you do that brake repair. :)

Apo machang, for penny pinching tight arses the cost of maintaining an aging Euro will be too shocking... you might pee in your pants. I will keep the costs to myself... ;)

• Like 2

Owners: If there are 1-2 owners, we can say they are wrong. but10,000+ people can't be wrong.

Look, you can believe whatever fairy tales you want, but this is the dumbest thing to be said in here for some time. 10,000+ people can't be wrong?

Lets see -

Don't you think there are more than 10,000 people in prisons? You think they are in there coz they are right?

Don't you think there are 10,000+ people out there who will back the LTTE to this day? And advocate terrorism for their cause? And they are not wrong? I'm sure you can find that number just in Canada.

How about the millions who voted for Hitler, and found themselves fighting a world war?

If 10,000+ pedophiles are found worldwide, would you go "but 10,000+ people can't be wrong" about them too?

• Like 3

Which of the statements below sound like pure bias and hatred for hybrids? What Mani has stated are facts! DO you honestly think random guys driving on Prius's on the road/Toyota Lanka or spares importers will tell you the facts below (even if they know them)?

AL members dislike hybrids for a reason. Let's say your fuel bill for an Allion is about 20000/month and it's reduced to 8000/month with a Prius. Effectively, you are saving 144,000 a year or about 700,000 over 5 years. Now if the battery goes bust within the 5 years, it's gonna cost you more for the whole replacement process. The total cost of ownership of a hybrid across a longer time period is significantly higher. And please don't tell me about cheap Singapore/China batteries that cost only 100,000. Nobody knows how long they will last or what other damage they will cause to the car (would you trust a cheap battery with your laptop, let alone the car?).

And if you think you will be smart and u will peddle off the car within that 5 years, think of this factor. The moment one or two owners start having troubles with expensive parts like the battery, the market price of Prius is gonna plummet, because of the panic in the market. So in the long run, Prius owners may face problems one way or the other.

Mate, do you think Prius is something like "Pathola Massa"? No, It is not a toy. It is proven technology that is running over 14 years on roads.

Take a look at this. http://www.themotorreport.com.au/6042/prius-taxi-belts-out-half-a-million-klicks

"According to Vic Johnston, Toyota's manager of hybrid sales and fleet strategy, these are the only two Prius' in Australia that have even needed a battery replacement at all, since its arrival on our shores in 2001."

Also, I've recently chat with USA prius owner (who own Gen 1 Prius since 2002 Aug.) She got 300,000 miles with original battery (and still in place)

If you want to see how reliable it is, pls go to priuschat.com there are 200,000 miles club and 300,000 miles club. talk to them, ask them how many owners replaced HV battery, how many of those did other costly maintenance/part replacements. Don't believe rumors!

When i park my car somewhere in town (Kurunegala) some people coming next to me and asking about the car, that happens often. Their first question is "meke petrol wada karanawa hodai neda, kochchra withara wada karanawada?" , you know their 2nd question, "Battery eka ganan neda?" some people know how much it cost :huh: next, "battery eken kochchra dura yanna puluwan da? 5 - 10 km??" if i said, less than 2km, "oh, ehemada???" if i asked how do you know about this car? 95% guys saying "mage yaluwek kiwwe". :action-smiley-060:

That is the only thing average people know about hybrids, that is the only thing they heard about hybrid as well as only thing they saying to others. so, i have to explain what is hybrid, how it works, how it save fuel, how reliable it is. if i had time (and thought worth it) i'm showing them how it is work. finally their response is "shaaa.. patta baduwak ne. yaluwa mata kiwwe ganna nam epa, battery eka replace karanna wenawa kiyala"

I think, AL members have much knowledge than average people.

Edited by lkgamage

Look, you can believe whatever fairy tales you want, but this is the dumbest thing to be said in here for some time. 10,000+ people can't be wrong?

Lets see -

Don't you think there are more than 10,000 people in prisons? You think they are in there coz they are right?

Don't you think there are 10,000+ people out there who will back the LTTE to this day? And advocate terrorism for their cause? And they are not wrong? I'm sure you can find that number just in Canada.

How about the millions who voted for Hitler, and found themselves fighting a world war?

If 10,000+ pedophiles are found worldwide, would you go "but 10,000+ people can't be wrong" about them too?

Thats funny Pericles :lol:

Lets say "There are 10000 guys (porawal) in prison because of they accused for raped or smuggling" so, you think " ah, thats nice! I'd better to do rape and go to prison" :angry-smiley-048:

but for Prius, when you saw a prius on the road, you may think " wow, thats a nice car, I'd better to get one"

Do you know why people advocate terrorism in canada? because, that is their main revenue path. I'm working for #1 non-proft software providing company in US. we know why people boasting for humanity, advocate for different diseases (like cancer), boasting for Anti-Poverty. because that makes million dollars, spend few for projects and rest goes to their pockets.

do you ever heard a prius promotion, like "promote prius and stand a chance to win a Prius" :rolleyes:

Well, Hitler was their proud leader, that's why million of people vote for him. They want to be a proudest nation in the world. very much similar to people who voted for our president :angry: They didn't had a better choice/alternative.

In SL auto market, we have lot of choice/options.but why people going for Prius?

I think i have answered your question.

Edited by lkgamage

Lets say "There are 10000 guys (porawal) in prison because of they accused for raped or smuggling" so, you think " ah, thats nice! I'd better to do rape and go to prison" :angry-smiley-048:

but for Prius, when you saw a prius on the road, you may think " wow, thats a nice car, I'd better to get one"

Do you know why people advocate terrorism in canada? because, that is their main revenue path. I'm working for #1 non-proft software providing company in US. we know why people boasting for humanity, advocate for different diseases (like cancer), boasting for Anti-Poverty. because that makes million dollars, spend few for projects and rest goes to their pockets.

do you ever heard a prius promotion, like "promote prius and stand a chance to win a Prius" :rolleyes:

Well, Hitler was their proud leader, that's why million of people vote for him. They want to be a proudest nation in the world. very much similar to people who voted for our president :angry: They didn't had a better choice/alternative.

In SL auto market, we have lot of choice/options.but why people going for Prius?

Nope, you haven't. You gave a flat out number, not me. And according to the news reports, the number of hybrids that come down (All hybrids, not just the Prius) was some 3000+. NOT 10,000+. And a considerable number still seem to be in car sales.

And YOU are the moron who said what 10,000 people do can't be wrong. Not Me.

Besides, I never said anything about the Prius. I selected a specific argument to show how stupid that argument is. You obviously thought it was important coz you even went and bolded "can't be wrong". For that kind of argument to work, you have to be the kind of moron that goes, "10,000 people just jumped off this cliff. They Can't be wrong!. I should jump off the cliff with them!"

You're like a gay dude in the middle of 10,000 straight people thinking "10,000 people can't be wrong, I should be straight". Or a straight dude in the middle of 10,000 gay people thinking "10,000 people can't be wrong, I should be gay".

You see how stupid the argument YOU USED is?

You are a sheep. You follow the herd. No right thinking individual ever thinks about doing something just coz a large number of other people are doing it. You have to think if thats right for you.

And if your reply is in anyway indicative of your ability to read and understand facts, then its a fair guess that you have no idea about the facts concerning the Prius either. Or the different things people want from your vehicle.

And honestly, if you saw a Prius on the road and thought "wow, thats a nice car, I'd better to get one"... Lets forget the fact that I will question your taste, but damn, we are here on a place like autolanka coz we don't just see cars and think "I should buy that car coz its pretty". There is a helluva lot of other things we consider.

And by the way, if you are actually working for a big company based in the US, you really should work on expressing yourself better. This "we know why people boasting for humanity, advocate for different diseases (like cancer), boasting for Anti-Poverty." is terrible. First look up what "boasting" and "advocate for" mean.

Sorry forgot to answer this one.

In the majority of cases (not all), its because they are penny-wise, pound foolish, want to follow the herd, have an improper understanding and wrongly thinks econoboxes give them status.

Go to google, put this in the search box, and see what comes up -

never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

:action-smiley-060::action-smiley-060::action-smiley-060:

Pericles,

You clearly show off how anti-hybrid fellows behaving on non-hybrid forum. This is for your reference http://john1701a.com/prius/anti-hybrid_analysis.htm :alc:

Get facts, why you are saying "do not go for hybrids" ? prove it rather than trying to attack by person. We saw you guys attacking to Rover in other thread. This is a common behavior for guys like you. you have no facts on your hand but want to stop people who talking about hybrids. am i wrong?

only fact i can accept is, no dealer backup for hybrids yet (specially prius) hope they'll start it soon. other than that, get me at least one better reason to say "don't go for hybrids"

I'm kindly asking you, please don't mislead people.

Sorry forgot to answer this one.

In the majority of cases (not all), its because they are penny-wise, pound foolish, want to follow the herd, have an improper understanding and wrongly thinks econoboxes give them status.

Go to google, put this in the search box, and see what comes up -

never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

OK, You are the only wise man and all other hybrid owners are pound foolish. unfortunately, that could be vice versa :P

Regarding numbers, there were 3000 hybrids imported at the tax hiking date. (April 25th as i remember), that figures went up to 8000 by mid June. there should be 10,000+ hybrids imported now because of rapidly growing market.

Please look roads, you'll see what i mean.

Edited by lkgamage

Pericles,

You clearly show off how anti-hybrid fellows behaving on non-hybrid forum. This is for your reference http://john1701a.com/prius/anti-hybrid_analysis.htm :alc:

Get facts, why you are saying "do not go for hybrids" ? prove it rather than trying to attack by person. We saw you guys attacking to Rover in other thread. This is a common behavior for guys like you. you have no facts on your hand but want to stop people who talking about hybrids. am i wrong?

only fact i can accept is, no dealer backup for hybrids yet (specially prius) hope they'll start it soon. other than that, get me at least one better reason to say "don't go for hybrids"

Yay, we have another joker. :jumping-smiley-013:

Pericles,

I didn't say don't go for a hybrid. See what I mean about not being able to read and understand? I said making an argument based on 10,000 people did it is stupid. I said the argument was stupid, not buying a Prius.

Besides, you are being daft. I'm not against hybrids. I simply don't like a-to-b cars, and the second gen Prius is one of them. And thats the one people are buying, not the new ones. Hybrid or not is irrelevant. And that fact that owners adopt this stupid smug attitude without knowing jack about their cars just coz they are buying into buzzwords irritates me.

BTW, I hope you read that document. Seems more applicable to you, who seems determined to argue on the grounds that hybrid=Prius.

Did you see me say anything against that Panamera hybrid?

Its not a anti-hybrid crowd thats the problem. Its idiots with the hero complex who put go around pretending they are persecuted about their hybrids.

• Like 1

Apo machang, for penny pinching tight arses the cost of maintaining an aging Euro will be too shocking... you might pee in your pants. I will keep the costs to myself... ;)

LOL. :lol: I knew you would interprete this wrong, I realised only after I posted it.

What I really meant was to share the experience of maintenance cost of your Car. Not the BILL! :P

OK, You are the only wise man and all other hybrid owners are pound foolish. unfortunately, that could be vice versa :P

See, you are using the tactic in your document - I firstly said majority, not all, but you have taken it as all hybrid owners.

And where the hell did you come up with "You are the only wise man"? If I'm representing an anti-hybrid crowd like you claim, then shouldn't that imply the whole crowd? That tactic of going personal and obscuring what was said was in your document too. Looks like the PRO-Prius lobby wants to use that too. :rolleyes: I say whats sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander, so I will use it if I feel like it.

BTW, you will note something. This document, like you, makes a lot of points on "It will change" etc. The future. That has no bearing on the NOW. When we started having these discussion when the tax cut came, we said, not now, give it about 6 months. 6 months later, its still not a great situ. So we can still say, wait a little longer, its not quite ready yet. See, we are being responsible, where YOU are trying to trying to market the thing hoping that the market condition will create the infrastructure you need. That is not responsible, coz if it fails, it means you are pulling people into the pit with you.

See your assumptions? There "should be" 10,000+ now. But you will boldly state it as a fact and say there are 10,000 people who can't be wrong. Without even knowing for a fact. An assumption. Hoping the condition will be met in the future so you can in the future say, I am right.

Disgusting.

LOL. :lol: I knew you would interprete this wrong, I realised only after I posted it.

What I really meant was to share the experience of maintenance cost of your Car. Not the BILL! :P

It will still pucker up your chocolate starfish machang... you better stick to fairytale Fuel figures and cheap maintenance costs of the 'Prius'... :)

Believe me, don't buy Euros that are 15 years old... :)

It will still pucker up your chocolate starfish machang... you better stick to fairytale Fuel figures and cheap maintenance costs of the 'Prius'... :)

Believe me, don't buy Euros that are 15 years old... :)

So you agree with me machang? :rolleyes:

BTW, I hope you read that document. Seems more applicable to you, who seems determined to argue on the grounds that hybrid=Prius.

Please see thread title. Opener intended to go for 2008 Prius.

Did you see me say anything against that Panamera hybrid?

So, you are saying, if someone wants to buy a hybrid car.He should go for Panamera hybrid. Pan barinam cake kapalla ;)

See, you are using the tactic in your document - I firstly said majority, not all, but you have taken it as all hybrid owners.

Thanks for read Anti-Hybrid analysis. hope now you have more weapons to use against hybrids :D

Machan Pericles, stop these nonsense. if you don't like Prius, that is your choice. You have to say "I personally don't like Prius because ... " don't try to screw things up and express wrong image regarding hybrid cars.

See what opener asking, He came here because, he wants to buy 2008 Prius and he had to think twice about his decision due to scary rumors floating around. he asked a help... his primary choice was Prius. what you guys are doing?

As a responsible member in a public forum, you should have to explain pros and cons about Prius/Allion and help him to take wise decision. Responsibility gone wild :ninja: conflicting with me and trying to say Prius is bad, majority prius owners are stupid. :angry-smiley-024: but you have no facts on you hand to say why it is bad, are you?

Edited by lkgamage

Mate, do you think Prius is something like "Pathola Massa"? No, It is not a toy. It is proven technology that is running over 14 years on roads.

Take a look at this. http://www.themotorreport.com.au/6042/prius-taxi-belts-out-half-a-million-klicks

"According to Vic Johnston, Toyota's manager of hybrid sales and fleet strategy, these are the only two Prius' in Australia that have even needed a battery replacement at all, since its arrival on our shores in 2001."

Also, I've recently chat with USA prius owner (who own Gen 1 Prius since 2002 Aug.) She got 300,000 miles with original battery (and still in place)

If you want to see how reliable it is, pls go to priuschat.com there are 200,000 miles club and 300,000 miles club. talk to them, ask them how many owners replaced HV battery, how many of those did other costly maintenance/part replacements. Don't believe rumors!

When i park my car somewhere in town (Kurunegala) some people coming next to me and asking about the car, that happens often. Their first question is "meke petrol wada karanawa hodai neda, kochchra withara wada karanawada?" , you know their 2nd question, "Battery eka ganan neda?" some people know how much it cost :huh: next, "battery eken kochchra dura yanna puluwan da? 5 - 10 km??" if i said, less than 2km, "oh, ehemada???" if i asked how do you know about this car? 95% guys saying "mage yaluwek kiwwe". :action-smiley-060:

That is the only thing average people know about hybrids, that is the only thing they heard about hybrid as well as only thing they saying to others. so, i have to explain what is hybrid, how it works, how it save fuel, how reliable it is. if i had time (and thought worth it) i'm showing them how it is work. finally their response is "shaaa.. patta baduwak ne. yaluwa mata kiwwe ganna nam epa, battery eka replace karanna wenawa kiyala"

I think, AL members have much knowledge than average people.

Thanks for enlightening me dude. So according to you, Prius is an infallible piece of machinery.

Since they have been exposed to terrible roads, extreme weather and harsher driving conditions in USA and Australia (compared to Sri Lanka) and they have withstood over 300,000 miles, there will be absolutely no problems with any of the Priuses here for the next 10 years.... or maybe even 50 years!

And since the product recalls Toyota comes up with every 6 months for Prius, works perfectly in Sri Lanka, even if there were teeny weeny problems, it will not affect the users. (FYI there were 28 product recalls for various models of Prius during the last 10 years 2001-2011).

So let's suggest the OP to get a Prius.

Edited by Crosswind

Thanks for enlightening me dude. So according to you, Prius is an infallible piece of machinery.

Since they have been exposed to terrible roads, extreme weather and harsher driving conditions in USA and Australia (compared to Sri Lanka) and they have withstood over 300,000 miles, there will be absolutely no problems with any of the Priuses here for the next 10 years.... or maybe even 50 years!

And since the product recalls Toyota comes up with every 6 months for Prius, works perfectly in Sri Lanka, even if there were teeny weeny problems, it will not affect the users. (FYI there were 28 product recalls for various models of Prius during the last 10 years 2001-2011).

So let's suggest the OP to get a Prius.

Does terrible roads, extreme weather and harsher driving condition effect to battery life? if so, how?

Do you know what is "product recall"? and why Toyota recall products? also, search for "Axio recall" and "Corolla Recall" since they are proven technology on our roads.

Dude, even if I have to push a 15 year old Euro down the road, I will never be a Prius driver like you.

And no, there was never anything for us to agree on.

Yes you are right. In SL Prius is not for the weak minded.

Edited by rover

So, you are saying, if someone wants to buy a hybrid car.He should go for Panamera hybrid. Pan barinam cake kapalla ;)

Dude, you don't to try to prove that you're stupid. We already know. Nowhere have I recommended of said buy a Panamera. If thats what you understood from what I said, well, you shouldn't waste time trying to interact with people.

Thanks for read Anti-Hybrid analysis. hope now you have more weapons to use against hybrids :D

Machan Pericles, stop these nonsense. if you don't like Prius, that is your choice. You have to say "I personally don't like Prius because ... " don't try to screw things up and express wrong image regarding hybrid cars.

See what opener asking, He came here because, he wants to buy 2008 Prius and he had to think twice about his decision due to scary rumors floating around. he asked a help... his primary choice was Prius. what you guys are doing?

As a responsible member in a public forum, you should have to explain pros and cons about Prius/Allion and help him to take wise decision. Responsibility gone wild :ninja: conflicting with me and trying to say Prius is bad, majority prius owners are stupid. :angry-smiley-024: but you have no facts on you hand to say why it is bad, are you?

All well and good, but I didn't contribute to this conversation to say the OP shouldn't buy a Prius. I just said your "10,000" people argument is stupid. YOU are the one who is talking about a Prius. I personally don't care. Its his money. I've already said I don't like the Prius, I don't need to keep repeating it. BUT I also know just coz its not for me, it doesn't mean its the solution for others. I just think it needs more time.

But YOU are the one who seems to think that just because I pointed out that YOU had a dumb argument, I was talking against a Prius. I was not. I was just saying YOU had a dumb argument. If you still can't understand that, well, that just makes it seem like the argument isn't the only thing thats dumb.

This is really not interesting. Can't you find somewhere else to go pollute?

• Like 1