• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Fb15

Sonariz

I have Nissan FB15 YOM 2000 (well, I bought recently and don't know much about maintenance etc.).

My problem is while I'm steering left (Turning left) some noise coming occasionally. This noise is not a metallic noise but more likely to be a noise which leather part touching somewhere.

Can anybody help me to identify my problem.

Also I heard wearing of lower arm bushes is one major and common issue in FB series, and I haven't replace them, Is it related to my problem? How can I identify whether those bushes to be replaced or not?

Thank you

I have Nissan FB15 YOM 2000 (well, I bought recently and don't know much about maintenance etc.).

My problem is while I'm steering left (Turning left) some noise coming occasionally. This noise is not a metallic noise but more likely to be a noise which leather part touching somewhere.

Can anybody help me to identify my problem.

Also I heard wearing of lower arm bushes is one major and common issue in FB series, and I haven't replace them, Is it related to my problem? How can I identify whether those bushes to be replaced or not?

Thank you

What's the tire size on front wheels? Maybe the tire rubs agains inner wheel arch when turning left?

14' tires. (Previous owner replaced tires in 2010 and not ran more than 2500kms)

If it's 185/70 R14, there's a chance the tire maybe rubbing against the wheel arch. Try to simulate this sound and get someone to check whether that's the cause. Very unlikely the sound could be due to worn out rack ends

If it's 185/70 R14, there's a chance the tire maybe rubbing against the wheel arch. Try to simulate this sound and get someone to check whether that's the cause. Very unlikely the sound could be due to worn out rack ends

It's 185/65 R14,

Are you sure it's issue with tires? I mean when I am driving very straight left bend (bend with law curvature) this noise is cumming.

Thank much for your help, I ll check the vehicle,

Edited by Sonariz

It's 185/65 R14,

Are you sure it's issue with tires? I mean when I am driving very straight left bend (bend with law curvature) this noise is cumming.

Not 100% sure of course, but from what you said,( leather rubbing kind of sound) further if it's a sound coming out of PAS pump it should be there even for a right turn.

It's 185/65 R14,

okay i have a FB14 and i recently upgraded the wheels to 175/70 R14

i noticed when i turn the wheel fully to the right the wheel sort of touches the mud flaps and makes a small noise.

i think the problem at your case is the wheels.

Hi jus commenting on Lower Arm Bush (LAB) issue

Beleive me I had run 20000km even after automiraj guys claimed my LAB's needs to be replaced

She is as smooth as she was earlier on the roads

I have an FB15 New shell 2004

If you think of replacing LABs A*W will opt u to replace the whole Lower arms instead replacing only the bushes will

cost you aroud LKR 25000/-

Other places will replace the Bushes for a cost around 6000/-

But my opinion is that a cracked original japanese LAB r better than replaced OEM one s

I was also told if the LABs are really in a condition to replace one will not be able to do the

Wheel Alignment properly--- So first take your car for a Wheel Alignment

If they do it without any issue that means u can run with the ones u have

But if u r really uncomfortable in your drive bwtter replace the LABs

Gud luck!

okay i have a FB14 and i recently upgraded the wheels to 175/70 R14

i noticed when i turn the wheel fully to the right the wheel sort of touches the mud flaps and makes a small noise.

i think the problem at your case is the wheels.

But my in my case, I don't have turn fully to occur the noise. Just 10-15 degree turn enough to get the rubbing noise.

Beleive me I had run 20000km even after automiraj guys claimed my LAB's needs to be replaced

If you think of replacing LABs A*W will opt u to replace the whole Lower arms instead replacing only the bushes will

But my opinion is that a cracked original japanese LAB r better than replaced OEM one s

I was also told if the LABs are really in a condition to replace one will not be able to do the

Gud luck!

Yeh, may be this is the reason, Anyway I get the check done

thanks for replying ..

But my in my case, I don't have turn fully to occur the noise. Just 10-15 degree turn enough to get the rubbing noise.

That's because u have 185/70/14... That's too big for the car.

FB-15 Tyre size is 165/70/14.

Yah.. My bad memory...

It's 175/70 14 :jumping-smiley-013:

Yeah according to factory specs the sunny FB15 tyre size -its 175/70R14 I agree with cxmjn

But there are many alternative tyre sizes you can replace with the original, I had a document I will try to post once I get it

and to tell u the truth I hate 175/70R14 it makes the sunny so basic with wide tyres it looks sporty so I used 195/6014R without any issue and now I use Dunlop japanese 185/65R14 still no issue

both the above sizes I replaced by checking the compatibility chart you will find it in tyre size replacement charts (just google it machan) I dont think the issue is with your tyre sizes :rolleyes:

Gud luck!

Whether one can do wheel alignment or not is not a good measurement of the quality of the lower arm bush in my humble opinion. You might not even notice it, unless you take hold of the wheel and try to move it. In my old car they aligned the wheels fine when the bush was quite gone :)

My recommendation is if the bushes are gone and there is metallic suspension noise, replace them because replacing the bushes are a lot cheaper than replacing the lower arm (or having to fill the lower arms to combat wear). There are low quality bushes in the market for sure, but I must say I got a good 3 years service out of the ones I replaced on mine (they were still ok when we sold the car).