• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cool Ebay Gadgets For Cars

cha

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 5:26 PM, terrabytetango said:

Holy shit that's expensive. I backed a kickstarter project for a dual channel dashcam which cost $99.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1206117568/clex-dash-cam-for-your-vehicle

I see that the Clex dashcam project has completed. Have you received your unit yet?

If yes, how is it overall? Worth the USD99? Or having issues?

Whats the resolution of the front/rear cam? How is the footage in bright sunlight or headlights from vehicles in the rear?

19 hours ago, asrock said:

@The Stig  How is this holding up? any issues so far? How about the suction cup? My Garmin nuvi's suction cup doesn't hold. I was impressed by the video you posted, thinking of buying a g90 off ebay and mounting it alongside with the nuvi.

It's holding up pretty well. The only problem is that battery life has decreased so I can't use the delayed off function. No issues with the suction cup. This has a 2 step mount first you paste it and twist a know to tighten it. 

Just now, The Stig said:

It's holding up pretty well. The only problem is that battery life has decreased so I can't use the delayed off function. No issues with the suction cup. This has a 2 step mount first you paste it and twist a know to tighten it. 

Thanks, I'll be buying one soon. Any recommended seller? Did your one come with a SD card or did you buy it locally?

25 minutes ago, asrock said:

Thanks, I'll be buying one soon. Any recommended seller? Did your one come with a SD card or did you buy it locally?

I did get a free 8gb SD card but it's the cheap Chinese clone garbage, bought a Kingston 32gb from a deal site. I wouldn't risk using a Chinese card,  last thing you want is to find that the memory card has been corrupt after a crash.

This is the seller I bought from http://www.ebay.com/usr/tomtop_home?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2754

• Like 1

Guys as you can see in this image below, the side beadings are a bit faded... im afraid with time, in case if the beading starts melting... so I want to take an action before that coz in my previous car the side beading melted... so do you think pasting these carbon fiber vinyl wraps (mentioned in these links) over the faded area I have highlighted in the image would be a good solution in the long term? and also the faded part looks ugly when someone have a closer look of the car... let me know the pros and cons of using these vinyl wrap (only to the faded beading parts as highlighted in the pic)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-Bike-Cycling-Cork-Handlebar-Tape-Wrap-2-Bar-Plug-Carbon-Fiber-Belt-Strap-/131842219513?var=431191226583&hash=item1eb2689df9:g:uxkAAOSwvg9XV~rZ

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Optional-Classic-Car-3D-Carbon-Fiber-Vinyl-Wrap-Sticker-Film-Black-Air-Free-/191900734038?var=&hash=item2cae2cd256:m:mxvPq44mpvNiGBb19hTBDug&vxp=mtr

FullSizeRender1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2016 at 4:31 PM, The Stig said:

I did get a free 8gb SD card but it's the cheap Chinese clone garbage, bought a Kingston 32gb from a deal site. I wouldn't risk using a Chinese card,  last thing you want is to find that the memory card has been corrupt after a crash.

This is the seller I bought from http://www.ebay.com/usr/tomtop_home?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2754

@The StigFinally got my G90 Dashcam. Its the A7LA30 chipset, upto 1920x1080 resolution is possible. Indoor quality is not that good, yet to fix it on the car and check the quality. MP4 file sizes are pretty huge, 1 minute clip is around 40MB, I only have a 16GB card, don't know how this will record. Will it overwrite old files and continue to record? The user manual is pretty useless, though I saw some where that the unit will not record if there is not enough space on the SD card.

20160726_085641.jpg

20160726_085708.jpg

39 minutes ago, asrock said:

@The StigFinally got my G90 Dashcam. Its the A7LA30 chipset, upto 1920x1080 resolution is possible. Indoor quality is not that good, yet to fix it on the car and check the quality. MP4 file sizes are pretty huge, 1 minute clip is around 40MB, I only have a 16GB card, don't know how this will record. Will it overwrite old files and continue to record? The user manual is pretty useless, though I saw some where that the unit will not record if there is not enough space on the SD card.

Loop recording : I too having 16GB card. Mine (1280x720, 30fps, AVI format) 1 minute video file take around 117MB. The SD card remain at least last 80km history (according to my average speed). When the card is full it delete the oldest file. So you dont need to worry about the card free space.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm hoping to bring down car stereo for my Mazda 3 (2004) from eBay. It costs about USD 250/- with shipping. Bit warring about the local custom duty :blink: Some People say it's 200% 

Please advise correct figures if any of you guys know about this subject?? 

usually heavy/fragile/large items from ebay would cost much more because of the special shipping required . why not try something like this instead ?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Metra-Car-Stereo-Double-DIN-Dash-Kit-Trim-for-2004-2009-Mazda-3-Series-95-7504-/322174684055?fits=Make%3AMazda|Model%3A3&hash=item4b031b8b97:g:GsMAAOSwkl5XdEGC&vxp=mtr

and fix a normal double din stereo .

On 9/7/2016 at 7:51 PM, ashan82 said:

I'm hoping to bring down car stereo for my Mazda 3 (2004) from eBay. It costs about USD 250/- with shipping. Bit warring about the local custom duty :blink: Some People say it's 200% 

Please advise correct figures if any of you guys know about this subject?? 

There was a change in Wiring and data format between 2004 to 2006 with the introduction of Trip computer. Beware of this, since 2006 set would not fit on 2004 Mazda 3 (even Axela) though outer appearances are same.

This is only for Stock Set.

Edited by Rohnd

• 5 months later...
On 7/8/2016 at 3:19 PM, The Stig said:

My ones internal battery just went dead, it doesn't retain the date/time properly either, ordered a 400mAh battery from eBay.

• 1 year later...

Does anyone have any idea how the clock works in this item? removable battery? or electrical? cuz the previous owner has kept some freshener bottle on the dashboard and the stain mark of the bottle outline is engraved in the dashboard and i cant seem to remove the stain.. so hoping to put an ornament here like a clock.. sigh.. so want to know if the battery stops in this gadget what to do? can it be replaced or what?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/332733176714?ul_noapp=true

1 hour ago, PreseaLover said:

Does anyone have any idea how the clock works in this item? removable battery? or electrical? cuz the previous owner has kept some freshener bottle on the dashboard and the stain mark of the bottle outline is engraved in the dashboard and i cant seem to remove the stain.. so hoping to put an ornament here like a clock.. sigh.. so want to know if the battery stops in this gadget what to do? can it be replaced or what?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/332733176714?ul_noapp=true

Probably runs on a watch battery, you can see in this pic its detachable, so probably the battery could be replaced

s-l1600.jpg

It would be best to ask the seller

3 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

the seller doesnt speak proper english, he gives a vague reply ? 

It could be possible that your Kadda is too shiny/sharp for him to properly understand... Instead of asking 

"Hi, does this clock run on removable batteries?" ask

"Hi, How change battery?" Then if he reply something along the lines of "remove screw and take battery out", you know it's replaceable... if he says no change battery or something, look for another ornament :D

...or you could ask another seller with better feedback.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

It could be possible that your Kadda is too shiny/sharp for him to properly understand... Instead of asking 

"Hi, does this clock run on removable batteries?" ask

"Hi, How change battery?" Then if he reply something along the lines of "remove screw and take battery out", you know it's replaceable... if he says no change battery or something, look for another ornament :D

...or you could ask another seller with better feedback.

lol ok so i typed like that and sent the mail :P 

14 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

:D Share his response here will ya? :D

23 hours ago, Magnum said:

Probably runs on a watch battery, you can see in this pic its detachable, so probably the battery could be replaced

It would be best to ask the seller

Here is the reply I got.. 

Dear customer,
Please be informed that:
- This Hygrometer is fluorescent, so you can read it at night.(You need to expose this meter to strong light first.)

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, PreseaLover said:

Here is the reply I got.. 

Dear customer,
Please be informed that:
- This Hygrometer is fluorescent, so you can read it at night.(You need to expose this meter to strong light first.)

:action-smiley-060:

Even after you know the truth, why are you battling with those Chinese sellers?

Auto Quarts Clock

image.png.e498a632eb841a9d0ac9800f736c5e31.png