• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Passo Information

Tharanga Udagedara

Question

Dear Members,

I seek your expertise/ experienced based information on Toyota Passo.

I have planned to purchase a Passo. But many people say it is a failure model and such negative comments

Is that true? And I also noticed that it is not marketed as either Vitz or Perodua Elite Viva. What would be the reason for that?

What about the fuel consumption (per km)?

Going for a Passo would be disastrous or ok?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Tharanga

21 answers to this question

hi

we have a 2007 passo and we are much satisfied with that car.

its very specious and very easy to handle

fuel consumption...................

city 11-12km/l

long distances above 18km/l

once i got 22km/l

2 weeks back we went from colombo to n'eliya and then to bandarawela,wellawaya,udawalawe to colombo

it did 18km/l at the end

every week i go to kurunegala from colombo and i get nearly 19-20km/l

all the above figures are with ac and i have checked that the mileage indicator of the car is very accurate

i m not familiar about the viva but a friend of mine has a 2007 vitz and the fuel consumption is very high.......

parts are available everywhere

so i think its a nice car, not a failure

its price is less because the duty and the cif both are less compared to vitz

Bro . Passo is a good family car. Better you go for 1300cc (QNC10) one for better fuel economy and pulling power. But You get steering rack noise after some time and you have to live with it. I sold my wife's Passo and bought a Demio purely because of steering rack noise.

city 11-12km/l

long distances above 18km/l

once i got 22km/l

2 weeks back we went from colombo to n'eliya and then to bandarawela,wellawaya,udawalawe to colombo

it did 18km/l at the end

every week i go to kurunegala from colombo and i get nearly 19-20km/l

all the above figures are with ac and i have checked that the mileage indicator of the car is very accurate

Dude I dont know much about passo, maybe it does better on fuel than the other hatches, but isnt 22kmpl is a little too much boasting? :P Anyway for me its a funny looking car with a funny looking gear leaver.

Dude I dont know much about passo, maybe it does better on fuel than the other hatches, but isnt 22kmpl is a little too much boasting? :P Anyway for me its a funny looking car with a funny looking gear leaver.

it's must be a hybrid to do a 22kmpl or this guy is bad at calculating fuel figure.

city 11-12km/l

Anyway for me its a funny looking car with a funny looking gear leaver.

My wife drives a Passo (1000cc) but it never did beyond 10km/l in the city. But I can agree on the fact that it's trip computer is rather accurate.

Then again the car is really practical, in terms of day to day use for a lady. Have lot of space and than it seems.

I do agree it lacks the looks but having that 'funny looking' gear lever is a bliss when you need to switch seats! <_<

And I also noticed that it is not marketed as either Vitz or Perodua Elite Viva. What would be the reason for that?

Hello Tharanga,

Toyota Passo is the re badged version of Daihatsu Boon. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daihatsu_Boon.

There is a perodua version of this car called MyVIi made in Malaysia. http://en.wikipedia....ki/Perodua_Myvi.

I have used none of these cars. But I think, there is no point in spending more money for a car since it comes with a TOYOTA badge but made by Daihatsu.

Here goes some more information from a previous post. http://www.autolanka...r-toyota-passo/

i got this figure of 22km/l when i drove from puttalam to kurunegala about one month ago

and i have no intention of boasting of my car......

it's must be a hybrid to do a 22kmpl or this guy is bad at calculating fuel figure.

you dont have to calculate it as there is a trip computer, which indicate that info

and i have checked it manually as well

if someone is in doubt come and have a test run............

please dont criticize others without knowing the facts, like most of the sarcastic guys on the autolanka

i got this figure of 22km/l when i drove from puttalam to kurunegala about one month ago

and i have no intention of boasting of my car......

My wife's car never did more than 11 km/lt in city driving (1.3 cc).I can't comment on long distance since she has never done out station driving in Passo.

Edited by jaga

you dont have to calculate it as there is a trip computer, which indicate that info and i have checked it manually as well if someone is in doubt come and have a test run............ please dont criticize others without knowing the facts, like most of the sarcastic guys on the autolanka

fyi one of my relative have a passo 1.3l best he got is 16kmpl if some one got 18kmpl it can be believable but 22kmpl that's just unreal number and you say it does 11-12kmpl in city please explain this to me how a car that does 11kmpl in city do twice as much in outstations?.

btw what is your engine capacity

• Like 1

if someone is in doubt come and have a test run............

please dont criticize others without knowing the facts, like most of the sarcastic guys on the autolanka

Like we are gonna come down and test drive your weeny little passa-o. You will get critisised in any other forum when you say something that sounds like a plain old lie.

Edited by Reckless

fyi one of my relative have a passo 1.3l best he got is 16kmpl if some one got 18kmpl it can be believable but 22kmpl that's just unreal number and you say it does 11-12kmpl in city please explain this to me how a car that does 11kmpl in city do twice as much in outstations?.

btw what is your engine capacity

obviously in city you will have to brake and accelerate very frequently

but fro puttalam to kurunegala, you get a clean newly constructed road with hardly any vehicles, so you can maintain a constant speed for a long period of time

and i m telling you again i got this figure of 22km/l "once" not every day

and the engine capacity is 1000cc

all these figures depend on your driving style, and people who drive at an average speed of 60-65km/h for a long distance would realize what i m telling

With a CVT gear box you could get extreme fuel figures. My swift does only 9-10 in Colombo city however I have observed 15-18 in outstation flat roads.

I have noticed that in flat roads engine is truring at only 2000-2500 rpm at 70-80 kmph.

passo fuel consumption - 22km/l

please watch these 2 video clips, which were uploaded my me

both these clips were taken while i was travelling from madivela towards the parliment grounds (along that newly constructed road)

i was able to get 23+ in the first and 22+ in next

hope these 2 video clips will clarify all the doubts

Edited by priyanka
  • Like 1

Well yeah passo 1000cc does suffer a bit of underpower but the S gear helps it in a way. Yes in my KGC30 2013  i was able to get around 19KMPL easily on outstation rides averaging with 80-85 kmph with my crazy drive pattern but in colombo it barely holds up 13 KMPL n most of the time its around 9-10 but i do agree if u drive it like a grandma u can get around 15 in colombo i guess... Overall i can say that its quite a decent spacious car with all the tech and is a better family use car than an elite and vitz comparing interior space and seats... But if u push for a bit more go for a Fit its hybrid and a bit more spacious than the passo so myt b wiser...  Hope it helped !

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, HaeylM said:

Well yeah passo 1000cc does suffer a bit of underpower but the S gear helps it in a way. Yes in my KGC30 2013  i was able to get around 19KMPL easily on outstation rides averaging with 80-85 kmph with my crazy drive pattern but in colombo it barely holds up 13 KMPL n most of the time its around 9-10 but i do agree if u drive it like a grandma u can get around 15 in colombo i guess... Overall i can say that its quite a decent spacious car with all the tech and is a better family use car than an elite and vitz comparing interior space and seats... But if u push for a bit more go for a Fit its hybrid and a bit more spacious than the passo so myt b wiser...  Hope it helped !

This thread is 6 years old. What makes you think the guy is still looking for a passo???

40 minutes ago, Crosswind said:

This thread is 6 years old. What makes you think the guy is still looking for a passo???

Haha bro well the main point of these forums is that they stick for a long time to help another person looking for the same thing at any time....so for anyone who wants some info in future it myt help.. 

Just Diske Diskade dude ??

21 minutes ago, HaeylM said:

Haha bro well the main point of these forums is that they stick for a long time to help another person looking for the same thing at any time....so for anyone who wants some info in future it myt help.. 

Just Diske Diskade dude ??

We're all aware of that. While it's okay to ask a related question in an old topic, you don't have to resurrect ancient threads just to share your 2 cents.