• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Hiace Kdh201 Supergl Vs Dx Differences

dpbatagoda

well the size is same as long as its KDH201,

Differences:

1.Super GL has side panels

2.Better rear seats and dual A/C

3.some Super GL will have black or wood panels on dashboard

4.in super GL you get a center console

5. Super GL has chrome exterior parts such as chrome grill or chrome side mirrors

Im not sure how to identify if its converted.

Moreover like in the old Hiace in the KDH series you dont get a long wheel base.

the wheel base options available are as following:

1. Short wheel

2. Wide

3. Super Long

4. Super Long Wide

check this out its a Super GL

http://exchange.goo-net.com/usedcars/TOYOTA/HIACE_VAN/0130120502D4003999002/index.html

and here's a DX

http://exchange.goo-net.com/usedcars/TOYOTA/HIACE_VAN/700050034420120416001/index.html

Instead of going for a KDH201, i advice you to go for the KDH206 which is 3000CC 4WD( the 4WD system will turn off automatically once you reach 20km/h)

All the versions are of same size in the short wheel base irrelavant of Super GL or DX versions.

Other versions are Wide, Wide Super Long.

To Check whether the vehicle is converted to super GL, there is a site where you enter the vehicle's chassis no. & it tells you whether its a DX or Super GL, Colour Code & Stuff.

I was having a town ace LOTTO for the past 10 years & it was a manual gear vehcile, after i sold it only i got to know this site & just entered my LOTTO's chassis no. to my shock it was manufactured as an auto gear vehicle. :speechless-smiley-004:

It even tells you whether the van is JUST LOW or not (but this works only for the town ace model) most probably the lotto version... http://jpnauction.com/month

All the versions are of same size in the short wheel base irrelavant of Super GL or DX versions.

Other versions are Wide, Wide Super Long.

To Check whether the vehicle is converted to super GL, there is a site where you enter the vehicle's chassis no. & it tells you whether its a DX or Super GL, Colour Code & Stuff.

I was having a town ace LOTTO for the past 10 years & it was a manual gear vehcile, after i sold it only i got to know this site & just entered my LOTTO's chassis no. to my shock it was manufactured as an auto gear vehicle. :speechless-smiley-004:

It even tells you whether the van is JUST LOW or not (but this works only for the town ace model) most probably the lotto version... http://jpnauction.com/month

DUDE! awesome site! thanks!

• Like 1

Guys is it true the kdh needs super diesel? I heard it starts throwing warning lights and eats up sensors when run on regular diesel

Im not sure about that, but i do know many people who run on regular diesel

also, i have noticed some with very noisy engines.

It needs Euro 4 diesel thats the reason behind the nosy engine.

• Like 1

I use a KDH200. At first i used to pump normal diesel, & had some engine miss & vibration, so i took it to the agents & they said these type of common rail engines require super diesel for better results. The problem in mine was the injector was blocked due to low quality diesel & adviced me to use super diesel. Since then i did not face any problems after using super diesel.

I even use a petrol version of the same vehicle but that runs perfect, with normal petrol. (TRH200)

I use a KDH200. At first i used to pump normal diesel, & had some engine miss & vibration, so i took it to the agents & they said these type of common rail engines require super diesel for better results. The problem in mine was the injector was blocked due to low quality diesel & adviced me to use super diesel. Since then i did not face any problems after using super diesel.

I even use a petrol version of the same vehicle but that runs perfect, with normal petrol. (TRH200)

Didnt they mention anything about Euro 4 diesel?

I heard thats the issue, the Hilux which comes from UK has the same 3000 turbo charged engine you find in Hiace, it seems they only become noisy once you bring it here and start pumping our diesel

• Like 1