• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Bumble

Bumble

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:20 PM

If someone know where to buy PHILIPS Halogen bulbs in Sri Lanka? I have a FD1. Even Stafford does not have. I checked Darley road as well. They have only Chinese stuff which are not durable. Checked ebay also. They have all types but not my type. That is H5 12V 60W BLUE. Dont know whether I could use other types(H1 H7 and etc).

Thank you

#2 varunatech

varunatech

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Interests:Technology

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:27 PM

I am not sure about the agents.........whom is Hay****s

I do go for Osram from D**O, they have a full catalog and even offered me to get some specific bulbs imported. Has seen the SilverStar and Cool Blue in country. Cannot remember H5s, but worth trying, at least over the phone. They are helpful.

#3 Bumble

Bumble

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:40 PM

OSRAM also ok as I feel. German stuff as Philips. By the way, I have no idea who the agent is. Can you just PM me. Thanx loadz.

#4 varunatech

varunatech

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:57 PM

OSRAM also ok as I feel. German stuff as Philips. By the way, I have no idea who the agent is. Can you just PM me. Thanx loadz.

D**O, the company whom brings down Benz, Bosch and D*MO........the showroom in opposite of Jethavanarama Temple near Armour's street/

#5 NRX

NRX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 541 posts
  • Interests:Gadgets, Computers

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:06 PM

D**O, the company whom brings down Benz, Bosch and D*MO........the showroom in opposite of Jethavanarama Temple near Armour's street/

It's the exact time the asterisks are totally a PITA :speechless-smiley-004:
" Its your car, love what you drive and drive what you love man...! Life is too short to worry about what others have to say about your car." - CarbonB4

#6 terrabytetango

terrabytetango

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts
  • Interests:R/C, Loitering, Books, Food, Mind Expanding Drugs, Music, Electronics and um...oh yeah, cars.

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:22 PM

I do go for Osram from D**O, they have a full catalog and even offered me to get some specific bulbs imported. Has seen the SilverStar and Cool Blue in country. Cannot remember H5s, but worth trying, at least over the phone. They are helpful.

How much the bulbs set you back? I'm thinking of getting down some Osram Nightbreaker Plus bulbs (better light output than Silverstars apparently), but I would buy them from the agent in a heartbeat if the price was right.
"MasterDon needs some of those juicy melons, otherwise he might go obama on dine-mor donkey racing hippo kebab making buttock inspectors."

Posted Image

#7 poscher

poscher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:29 PM

Koito and Hella are two other good brands.

#8 varunatech

varunatech

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:42 AM

How much the bulbs set you back? I'm thinking of getting down some Osram Nightbreaker Plus bulbs (better light output than Silverstars apparently), but I would buy them from the agent in a heartbeat if the price was right.

Agent for OSRAM is D**O and I have PM you............these lights are bright but shorter service hours compared to OSRAM L (long service time)

#9 Bumble

Bumble

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:16 AM

Thanx mate. Cheers

#10 terrabytetango

terrabytetango

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts
  • Interests:R/C, Loitering, Books, Food, Mind Expanding Drugs, Music, Electronics and um...oh yeah, cars.

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:20 AM

Agent for OSRAM is D**O and I have PM you............these lights are bright but shorter service hours compared to OSRAM L (long service time)

Nothing from you in my inbox :(
"MasterDon needs some of those juicy melons, otherwise he might go obama on dine-mor donkey racing hippo kebab making buttock inspectors."

Posted Image

#11 c1nder

c1nder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:01 AM

PIAA Night-Tech's are also good but they don't seem to have H5's

#12 varunatech

varunatech

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:58 AM

Nothing from you in my inbox :(

Agent for Benz, they are the same for OSRAM. Little showroom in front of the Jethavanaramaya near Armour street junction.

#13 The Don

The Don

Pro Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,947 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:49 PM

I recommend Koito as well, particularly if you can find the originals. Standard equipment in most Japanese vehicles. I've also tried Bosch which is also pretty good.

#14 Bumble

Bumble

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:52 AM

Hey I checked at D*MO. They do not have H5. :(

Edited by Bumble, 26 May 2012 - 10:52 AM.

#15 Bumble

Bumble

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:43 AM

Bought from Ceylon Motor Trade at Panchikawatte. They are the Philips Auto bulb agent... :)

#16 terrabytetango

terrabytetango

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:53 PM

So the Osrams I ordered arrived today. Well the H4s arrived, not sure why the H3s didn't arrive with them since I ordered them from the same place.

Here are some photos for comparison.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 Jay Serasinghe

Jay Serasinghe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:31 PM

Is this pack shock proof? glad it came through post in one piece :D

#18 terrabytetango

terrabytetango

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:56 PM

It came wrapped in bubble wrap, inside another box. I've never had any fragile items broken during shipment thus far.

Edited by terrabytetango, 17 June 2012 - 11:56 PM.

Posted Image

#19 The Don

The Don

Pro Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,947 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:12 PM

I bought similar units but made by Koito.

#20 razordj

razordj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Women, Games, Movies...and... Cars.

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:42 PM

So the Osrams I ordered arrived today. Well the H4s arrived, not sure why the H3s didn't arrive with them since I ordered them from the same place.

Terra, care to share your seller? Are they original night breakers? Any pics for comparison ? ;)

I looked at powerbulbs.com to bring down some HB3s for my headlamp solely to avoid fakes, but the their price is very high. (> 7500/= for a pair)
So thought of moving back to ebay, but looks like only one seller got HB3 s. (< 4500/= for a pair)
(http://www.ebay.com/....&prg=1020&rk=1)

D*I*M*O doesn't have HB series of nightbreakers.

EDIT.
Found this UK ebay seller and he looks good.
http://myworld.ebay....erformancebulbs

Edited by razordj, 12 September 2012 - 01:14 PM.

2004 Honda Civic - ES8 Facelift (M/T)