• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Interesting Or Usefull Android Games/apps

Heres a list of Android apps/games i found interesting and usefull

Games:

Angry birds

BMX Boy

Drag Racing

IPL Fever

Ninja Jump

Lane Splitter

RacingMoto

Stick Cricket

Temple Run

Apps:

Assistant

Talking buddy for your smartphone. Answers questions, performs tasks, notifies. Talking buddy for your smartphone. Answers questions, performs tasks, notifies.

Aging Booth

AgingBooth, a face aging machine for Android!

Barcode Scanner

Scan barcodes on products then look up prices and reviews. You can also scan Data Matrix and QR Codes containing URLs, contact info, etc.

Camera 360

Art in Your Hand. Camera360 is a worldwide popular camera app for Phone, and ever pointed as one of TOP 100 technology products by PC World

Chainfire 3D

Take control of your GPU (OpenGL) !

Compass

Cricbuzz

Fastest live cricket score updates and ball-by-ball commentary via CricBuzz.

Daily Ab Workout

Want to strengthen and tone your abs in just 5 minutes a day?

Daily Ab Workout is a great 5 to 10 minute daily ab routine for men and women that steps you through ten of the best ab-sculpting exercises.

Dictionary.com

XE Currency

Currency converter with charts, plus live rates that are stored for offline use!

Dropbox

Dropbox lets you bring all your photos, docs, and videos anywhere.

ESPNcricinfo

ESPNcricinfo The official ESPNcricinfo App brings you the most comprehensive cricket coverage from around the world.

Face Effect

Create funny face effects, make faces look fat, bald, ugly and much more!

Facebook

Share and stay connected with your friends with the Facebook for Android app.

Facebook Messenger

a faster way to message. Text groups of friends for free with Facebook Messenger.

Fat Booth

FatBooth, the app that makes you fat!

Glympse

Safely share your location in real-time via email, SMS, Facebook, or Twitter.

HDR Camera+

Capture high quality HDR images in full resolution. Vivid colors and rich detail.

Innstagram

A beautiful way to share your world. It's fast, free and fun! Ol

Make me old

Grow old in a few seconds! With this fun photo editor you can make yourself look decades older.

Muslim Pro

Recognized by millions of Islam followers through the Muslim world as the most accurate Prayer time & Azan application on mobile devices.

Make free Skype-to-Skype video calls, and call phones at Skype rates on the move

Make free voice and video calls to anyone else on Skype, whether they’re on an Android, iPhone, Mac or PC, as well as IMs to your friends and family.

Tango

Tango is the ONLY app that lets you make FREE Video Calls, Phone Calls, and send FREE Video Messages!

WhatsApp

WhatsApp Messenger is a smartphone messenger available for Android, BlackBerry, iPhone, Windows Phone and Nokia phones. WhatsApp uses your 3G or WiFi (when available) to message with friends and family.

Viber

Be Free to Communicate. Call and text anyone, anywhere.

Viber lets everyone in the world connect. Freely. More than 40 million Viber users call, text, send photos and locations with each other worldwide - for free.

Zedge

Free Ringtones, Wallpapers, Alerts, Live Wallpapers & Games enjoyed by millions.

ZombieBooth

How would you look as a zombie?! What about your friends?

ZombieBooth is a fun way to instantly make your face into a 3D, animated zombie!

Android-VS-Apple.jpg

Edited by Magnum

Wait is it BMX boy? or BMW boy?

and i would like to add to that list

Apps

Sound Hound - search music title and lyrics by audio

Zedge - download Notification tones, wallpapers, Ringtones

BeFunky - an Image Editor

Games

GTA III - well you know that

Asphalt 6 HD - Racing Game

Line Runner - pretty challenging game

Edited by Schiffer

where's "Fruit Ninja" ?? u cant miss that,, ;)

used be my favorite game when i bought the phone but anymore, anyway its a good game

Edited by Magnum

Wait is it BMX boy? or BMW boy?

and i would like to add to that list

Apps

Sound Hound - search music title and lyrics by audio

Zedge - download Notification tones, wallpapers, Ringtones

BeFunky - an Image Editor

Games

GTA III - well you know that

Asphalt 6 HD - Racing Game

Line Runner - pretty challenging game

haha yop its BMX Boy :D

and did you buy GTA III?

Edited by Magnum

• 1 year later...

Nothing, and I mean Nothing, takes up my time like Real Racing 3. Except Ingress, but fortunately, those two don't over lap :) can't play RR3 while travelling with coz of the gyro controls, can't play Ingress while stationary because ... well thats the whole damn point!

Daily Ab Workout

Daily Ab Workout is a great 5 to 10 minute daily ab routine for men and women that steps you through ten of the best ab-sculpting exercises.

So I thought I'd check this out because ... well, duh... but this is weird- Look at this permission list -

Your location
approximate location (network-based)
precise location (GPS and network-based)
Your messages
send SMS messages
Network communication
view Wi-Fi connections
full network access
view network connections
Phone calls
directly call phone numbers
read phone status and identity
Storage
modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
Your applications information
retrieve running apps
Your accounts
find accounts on the device
Development tools
read sensitive log data
System tools
test access to protected storage
What the heck does it need all these permissions for? SMS, network access and phone calls? WTF?

• 5 months later...
Nothing, and I mean Nothing, takes up my time like Real Racing 3. Except Ingress, but fortunately, those two don't over lap :) can't play RR3 while travelling with coz of the gyro controls, can't play Ingress while stationary because ... well thats the whole damn point!

anyone else playing Ingress here?

Below are useful apps i use on Samsung Galaxy S3 and so far no issues;

(But after installing McAfee phone got stuck after admin setup but no issues after restart)

Apps and games excluding common apps like skype, yahoo, viber,etc..

Apps -

1. Flashlight
  2. Adobe reader
  3. Angle meter
  4. Amazon
  5. Compass
  6. Cartoon camera - to have some fun with camera pics
  7. Clinometer with compass - Nice app when you go off-road
  8. Dailyroads - App like a dashcam
  9. Drive (Google drive)
  10. Dropbox
  11. eBay
  12. Flickr
  13. Firstaid - Has very useful info about first-aid
  14. Garmin Mechanic - OBD Scanning App like torque - To be used with Garmin EcoHD device
  15. GasBuddy (Find cheap gas prices around your area, may not be applicable to SL)
  16. Goto meeting - Good app for company meeting to access via phone
  17. Groove IP - IP call app to be used with Google voice.
  18. Level meter - Nice app when you want to find the level of some board or something..
  19. McAfee - In addition to antivirus it has some features like it can email a picture of the user who use the phone at that time with a free McAfee Mobile security account. In addition to the GPS location of your phone. (Has more features like remote factory reset, etc.. but not tried those features. but users photo and gps location is very good and accurate)
  20. LinkedIn
  21. OfficeSuitePro (I got it free on a deal in dealsofamerica.com) (Has Word, Excel, Powerpoint, PDF)
  22. Outlook.com (New app for hotmail / live.com users)
  23. Paypal
  24. Pandora - for internet radio
  25. Quick PDF Scanner (Comes free with OfficeSuitePro)
  26. Redlaser - You can scan barcode and get the cheapest prices for that item (Eg - from Amazon, Ebay, etc..)
  27. Smartphone link (For Garmin GPS - use full to send address to ur gps, saved places, live traffic, weather radar, photo live cameras,etc..)
  28. Sunrise Live Wallpaper - Awesome live wallpaper
  29. Torque - OBD diagnostic app (Purchased $4.99)
  30. Tuner gStrings - For basic guitar players to tune your guitar
  31. Unrar - Good extracting app
  32. Wallet - Google wallet, Can be used as a credit card for some places who has those NFC supported pay devices (Eg McDonald)
  33. Whoscall - Calling control app. This will show details about the unknown call if available and you can create block list.

Games -

1. Air control lite
  2. Checkers Free
  3. Cricket T20 Fever 3D - My fav Cricket game..
  4. Frontline commando
  5. Paper toss with mobage - another fav of mine
  6. Warship

Hope this helps..

Kmeeg.

Some apps I use, which have a Sri lankan flavor :

Road.LK - Crowdsourced traffic alerts for Srilanka https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=lk.road

SL Train Schedules - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=lk.icta.mobile.apps.railway

Bhasha Puwath - SL news aggregator - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=lk.bhasha.puvath

Some other SL apps funded by ICTA can be found here too - https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=ICTA+Sri+Lanka

Traffic Racer - This is what I am hooked on these days.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.skgames.trafficracer

Simple but awesome graphics, great selection of cars and goals that make you want to keep playing on and on. I played 2 hours at a stretch, just to get the Evo X. :D One down side is the camera angle - I wish it was a bit lower.

Edited by Davy

I have seen a obd scanner with most used vehicle manufactures included in the list while its definitely useful i haven't been courageous enough to plug it into the car and run a scan

• 1 year later...
Traffic Racer - This is what I am hooked on these days.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.skgames.trafficracer

Simple but awesome graphics, great selection of cars and goals that make you want to keep playing on and on. I played 2 hours at a stretch, just to get the Evo X. :D One down side is the camera angle - I wish it was a bit lower.

+1 for the Traffic Racer

I've been playing it for days now.. awesome game.. graphics are superb for such a small size game..

i played half a day just to unlock the police car so i can play the police chase..

only problem for me is there is only one life (except for some cars).. once u crash u have to start from the beginning..

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...
On 6/7/2012 at 5:42 PM, Magnum said:

Heres a list of Android apps/games i found interesting and usefull

Games:

Angry birds

BMX Boy

Drag Racing

IPL Fever

Ninja Jump

Lane Splitter

RacingMoto

Stick Cricket

Temple Run

Apps:

Assistant

Talking buddy for your smartphone. Answers questions, performs tasks, notifies. Talking buddy for your smartphone. Answers questions, performs tasks, notifies.

Aging Booth

AgingBooth, a face aging machine for Android!

Barcode Scanner

Scan barcodes on products then look up prices and reviews. You can also scan Data Matrix and QR Codes containing URLs, contact info, etc.

Camera 360

Art in Your Hand. Camera360 is a worldwide popular camera app for Phone, and ever pointed as one of TOP 100 technology products by PC World

Chainfire 3D

Take control of your GPU (OpenGL) !

Compass

Cricbuzz

Fastest live cricket score updates and ball-by-ball commentary via CricBuzz.

Daily Ab Workout

Dictionary.com

XE Currency

Currency converter with charts, plus live rates that are stored for offline use!

Dropbox

Dropbox lets you bring all your photos, docs, and videos anywhere.

ESPNcricinfo

ESPNcricinfo The official ESPNcricinfo App brings you the most comprehensive cricket coverage from around the world.

Face Effect

Create funny face effects, make faces look fat, bald, ugly and much more!

Facebook

Share and stay connected with your friends with the Facebook for Android app.

Facebook Messenger

a faster way to message. Text groups of friends for free with Facebook Messenger.

Fat Booth

FatBooth, the app that makes you fat!

Glympse

Safely share your location in real-time via email, SMS, Facebook, or Twitter.

HDR Camera+

Capture high quality HDR images in full resolution. Vivid colors and rich detail.

Innstagram

A beautiful way to share your world. It's fast, free and fun! Ol

Make me old

Grow old in a few seconds! With this fun photo editor you can make yourself look decades older.

Muslim Pro

Recognized by millions of Islam followers through the Muslim world as the most accurate Prayer time & Azan application on mobile devices.

Make free Skype-to-Skype video calls, and call phones at Skype rates on the move

Make free voice and video calls to anyone else on Skype, whether they’re on an Android, iPhone, Mac or PC, as well as IMs to your friends and family.

Tango

Tango is the ONLY app that lets you make FREE Video Calls, Phone Calls, and send FREE Video Messages!

WhatsApp

WhatsApp Messenger is a smartphone messenger available for Android, BlackBerry, iPhone, Windows Phone and Nokia phones. WhatsApp uses your 3G or WiFi (when available) to message with friends and family.

Viber

Be Free to Communicate. Call and text anyone, anywhere.

Viber lets everyone in the world connect. Freely. More than 40 million Viber users call, text, send photos and locations with each other worldwide - for free.

Zedge

Free Ringtones, Wallpapers, Alerts, Live Wallpapers & Games enjoyed by millions.

ZombieBooth

How would you look as a zombie?! What about your friends?

ZombieBooth is a fun way to instantly make your face into a 3D, animated zombie!

http://www.lifeofandroid.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Android-VS-Apple.jpg

This is very useful app you shared here. Thank you,