• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Rpm Limiter - In Toyota Vehicles?

tilvin

Hi Guys,

I am planning to buy an automatic diesel Toyota Camry CV30 or Toyota Vista (Manufactured in 1990-1992). Is these vehicles come up with RPM limiter safety? Because I had an issue with one of the old vehicles I had, which unfortunately complete engine damaged due to the accelerator spring stuck expanded.

Due to that we have to spend on full engine overhaul.... :sleeping-smiley-008: So this time I am searching for an automatic with RPM limiter.

The CV30 comes with a 2C-T engine. AFAIK they have no rev limiters. My Townace had a large adjustable bolt under the accelerator pedal which limited pedal travel, thus limiting the RPM.

Edited by terrabytetango

All happened quickly. Due to the Windows closed, I could not hear the engine sound and it collapsed in few seconds.....Meantime approximately after which year manufactured vehicles were introduced rev limiter?. This is just only to get approximate idea.

Hi Guys,

I am planning to buy an automatic diesel Toyota Camry CV30 or Toyota Vista (Manufactured in 1990-1992). Is these vehicles come up with RPM limiter safety? Because I had an issue with one of the old vehicles I had, which unfortunately complete engine damaged due to the accelerator spring stuck expanded.

Due to that we have to spend on full engine overhaul.... :sleeping-smiley-008: So this time I am searching for an automatic with RPM limiter.

How does it happen? and how does it affect the engine? :sad-smiley-058:

And to think the RPM limiter is the thing to be most concern about when buying a car,

Well if the vehicle didn't have a defect the gas wouldn't jam open and the engine wouldn't blow.

And even if the driver was aware he would have turned off the engine, what if this happened on drive some one could get killed.

Well Toyota recalled a lot of vehicles during 2005 - 2011 due to this accelerator pedal problem. It's commonly known as the "Sticking Accelerator Pedal" and was a manufacturer's defect. This should have been discussed on the forum before. I didn't know that the problem was there in vehicles in SL as well.

For more information about the defect from Toyota itself, follow this link. I know this doesn't answer the OP's question but I hope this helps.

@Clark's Son, Several people were killed actually... You'll find out stories on the net if you do a search.

Well Toyota recalled a lot of vehicles during 2005 - 2011 due to this accelerator pedal problem. It's commonly known as the "Sticking Accelerator Pedal" and was a manufacturer's defect. This should have been discussed on the forum before. I didn't know that the problem was there in vehicles in SL as well.

For more information about the defect from Toyota itself, follow this link. I know this doesn't answer the OP's question but I hope this helps.

@Clark's Son, Several people were killed actually... You'll find out stories on the net if you do a search.

Completely different and isolated issue. Not related to the recent recall. And those vehicles have rpm limiters anyway.