• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Beware: Darley Road Accessory Sellers

kee

hi

last week i had a very bad experience with an accessory seller at the darley road (T.B. jayah mw), posting here just for your information. you might also had the same experience some other day.

i wanted to get done some pop rivets to the badges and to replace door visors for my car and was slowing down along the darley road to find a place to park the car. there were many hawkers asking me what i wanted to get done and some guy, after explaining what i need, got into my car even without permission. he said the police is not allowing to park the cars by the side so took me along a byroad, devanampiyatissa mw, and to a small shop at the corner.

he said me the rivet is rs. 20 and the visor set would cost rs. 3500. he finally reduced the price to rs. 2300 (almost 35%). while he was pasting the visors, asked me whether i need to fix it with a with a wider double adhesive tape which cost rs. 60 each. since the original had a thinner one, i agreed. while he was working, another was fixing some beadings to the door, which i didn't ordered. he said its 'just to show', i insisted him to remove all. again they were troubling me again and again trying to sell stuff which i never wanted which i refused (a different story).

finally the bill came.

visors 2300

rivets rs. 20 x 14 =280 (earlier he was billing me @ rs. 30 each)

tape rs. 60 x 15= 900 (earlier it was 60 for each door, suddenly said 60 per 1 feet, there were 15 feet in all 4 doors)

workmanship= 900 (for drilling for rivets, and for pasting the visors)

total = 4380

double adhesive tape wont cost 60 PER FEET for sure (even a 50m (150+ ft) tape costs around 1000), and just for pasting and drilling, 900 RUPEES??? isn't that included in the original price they say??? when i asked for the removed visors (originals), they said they were thrown away and not with them.

there were several other people of near by shops also gathered, where i had no option other than paying the sum. i might not be the best in dealing with these kind of situations and people, but the experience i had was really disappointing.

posted here to share the experience and to make you aware of, so if you have any idea of visiting the area, please rethink and be careful..

-kee

You should have never stopped the car and spoke to those kudda fellows in the first place, it’s a well known factor mate. Anyways hope’ve u learnt your lesson…

Edited by Simplelife

Aney pau! I was reading that story and hoping you weren't raped at the end of that road and left naked and sobbing.

Dude, seriously, how does someone just get in your car like that? He could've pulled a knife on you and taken everything!

Next time, lock your bloody doors and tighten your sphincters. As Russell peters said, "be a man!!"

• Like 1

Questions...

Where the hell u put 14 rivets? :speechless-smiley-003:

Y did u remove original visors and fit some crappy visors from Darley Rd,

Anyway 10M of 3M double adhesive tape costs over Rs. 1000 and they must have earn a lot more by selling your original visors.... :sport-smiley-004:

Whew... I am so glad you gout of that without scratch machang... the way they had you hooked, I was worried they bored you a new A*hole and riveted the old one after ripping it to shreds... ;(

And charged you 20 a pop...

NO ONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND GOES TO DARLEY ROAD.

Hope you learned a good lesson.

I fixed a seat cover set for 4000/= By Aj*th Motors. While it was fixing, they have broken two clips of rear seat cushion. So I pay only 3000/= and asked them to bring me the new clips and pay the balance and went. I was waiting for two days, they didn’t respond. So bought two clips for only 140/= by A*W.

But I was wondering why they gave up the 1000/=, by selling seat covers are they have more profit than 1000/=?

I fixed a seat cover set for 4000/= By Aj*th Motors. While it was fixing, they have broken two clips of rear seat cushion. So I pay only 3000/= and asked them to bring me the new clips and pay the balance and went. I was waiting for two days, they didn’t respond. So bought two clips for only 140/= by A*W.

But I was wondering why they gave up the 1000/=, by selling seat covers are they have more profit than 1000/=?

really? you have to wonder why they could care less about losing a thousand rupees? It's because they were ripping you off to begin with, moron.

Yah they do...!

NO ONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND GOES TO DARLEY ROAD.

Who'says...?

I went to Darley road. Got my badges done each Rs.15. Personally monitored each revert. Came home with all the parts I took there + rivets.

I think your saying should be corrected as "ONLY PEOPLE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND SHOULD GO TO DARLEY ROAD."

• Like 2

This is a well-known thing so it’s partially your fault for letting some random stranger enter into your car. I wouldn’t be surprised if you notice in a few days that some of the accessories in your car are missing, because most of the buggers who rivet the badges for you are the same ones who steal them.

really? you have to wonder why they could care less about losing a thousand rupees? It's because they were ripping you off to begin with, moron.

I dont think I have ripped off. As I cannot get even a cheapest seat cover set for 4000/=. End of the day I got a good seat cover set for 3140/=. Thats All.

Side Note : You should use remaining 85% of your Brain. Other wise it will be sludged...

I dont think I have ripped off. As I cannot get even a cheapest seat cover set for 4000/=. End of the day I got a good seat cover set for 3140/=. Thats All.

Side Note : You should use remaining 85% of your Brain. Other wise it will be sludged...

Machang, sorry but I dont agree that Rs.3140 (or Rs.4000) would get you a set of seat-covers than someone would normally call "good".. you seem to have gone to that shop with very low expectations so in that case I guess its a win-win situation for both you and the shop...

• Like 1

Who'says...?

I went to Darley road. Got my badges done each Rs.15. Personally monitored each revert. Came home with all the parts I took there + rivets.

I think your saying should be corrected as "ONLY PEOPLE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND SHOULD GO TO DARLEY ROAD."

I stand corrected... Only the inbred retarded morons go to Darley road to get things done that a trained Monkey with a drill from Tamilnaadu can do.

Thank you for correcting me.

Machang, sorry but I dont agree that Rs.3140 (or Rs.4000) would get you a set of seat-covers than someone would normally call "good".. you seem to have gone to that shop with very low expectations so in that case I guess its a win-win situation for both you and the shop...

He will understand it little by little with the time... When he can see the original seat through a hole in shape of his as#

Yeh... I allready understood when I stepped, that I caanot expect the "best" quality for 4000/=.

hi

. . .

. . .

posted here to share the experience and to make you aware of, so if you have any idea of visiting the area, please rethink and be careful..

-kee

Unfortunately, this is a typical scenario at darley road. Guess someone should have warned you...

Unfortunately, this is a typical scenario at darley road. Guess someone should have warned you...

Frankly, you dont need early-warning to know that this was not going to end well. As soon as that kudda got into your car uninvited and he wasnt immediately kicked out by you he probably knew that he had you in by the balls. And if I were you I would not have paid. I would have paid the agreed price and left; worst case call the cops to resolve it.

If you become a p***y they'll just walk all over you.. so man up a bit... (its not just limited to darley road)

Frankly, you dont need early-warning to know that this was not going to end well. As soon as that kudda got into your car uninvited and he wasnt immediately kicked out by you he probably knew that he had you in by the balls. And if I were you I would not have paid. I would have paid the agreed price and left; worst case call the cops to resolve it.

If you become a p***y they'll just walk all over you.. so man up a bit... (its not just limited to darley road)

Amen! "bee a man!! Doo the right thing!!"

Have a slightly different take on this.

As much as its horrid and shameful to admit this....i too have been ripped off there. Despite me going to the college right opposite those shops too for all my schooling years :P

If you're new to cars, dint really have friends who had cars and wasn't familiar with places like AL... it's not too difficult to get into trouble.

When i got my first car and took it there to sort out a power shutter issue...never really thought scammers like that existed. Was naive to think people wouldn't do that sorta shit :D

Those kuddas in overalls do a pretty good con job too.

They always carry some tools with them and appear to be people working for the shops there. And they use the parking problems to their advantage.

If you're new to the subject, you're pretty much screwed cos those guys are pro scammers and they are bloody good at it.

I still go there to get stuff...in fact was there over the weekend to replace a busted remote lock motor but i now know exactly how to handle things there.

• Like 2

rivets rs. 20 x 14 =280 (earlier he was billing me @ rs. 30 each)

well first of all, Thanks for thinking to inform everyone about it

for people like me, who are out of Colombo and not familiar with the shops and procedures there this thread is useful

But seriously, How many badges did you rivet?

or did you spell out a name using rivets? O.o

and just my 2cents, most people avoid places like Sun Lanka and all thinking the prices will be too high

but for these kind of stuff, i find this big places are more cheaper.

few shops in Kandy quoted me 2500 -3500 for a set of door visors

but got the same pair from sun lanka for 1850.