• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Beware: Darley Road Accessory Sellers

kee

i also had a bad experience in darly road when fixing new number plates to my motorbike............one guy came and agreed to fix it for 500/= and after fixing he was asking some more money again and again ..........i had nothing to do except giving another 100/= for the person...

at that time i was so dispointed ..............if i go to small place to fix i could be able fix it for just 200/ =

• 4 years later...

Hello

I am new to Autolanka forum

2 Days back, I took my car to fix some visors. One fellow suddenly opened the car and got into my car and said to take the vehicle to Devanampiya tissa road. Visor price was initially 3900Rs i said i have got the same for Rs 1800 at last he told this is original for Rs 2200.

he started to promoting other items such as Side rubber bars for doors. which he said Rs 165 per feet. I thought it was approx 10 - 15 feet without all 4 doors. again he was promoting the heat sealer which is Rs 375 original to avoid scratches in the door area 

Mud cups was around Rs 1600 

You will not believe my final bill was. These Kuddas ripped off me. All Supplies coming from Sajith Motors in that lane who is the boss bigger Kudda with a Cigarette. 

Rs 30000 i didn't have that much of money 

Side visor Rs 2200 | Mud cups he said Rs 1600. That id for one pair. now two paris for front and back Rs 3200. Side rubber bars Rs 165 X 65 ft (He has put to my dickie and bonnet plus all four doors without informing me) | Scratch avoider Rs 375 per ft X 25 Ft he says for all four doors. | One bugger has promoted for a light sticker tint which cost around Rs 2500 

I told the boss fellow to take remove everything. He said now cannot remove give the money. All kuddas surrounded me saying give money soon.I said i have only 10K in my hand. They said me go to ATM and bring some money. I had money in my debit but i said I have only credit card. I told the boss fellow accept credit card or swipe it in your friends shop if there is any if he does not have a machine., Bugger refused. 

At last one kudda said get into car and take him to food city they will purchase cigarettes for 20K. four of them got into car. At food city they had an idea to purchase cigaretts for 25 K, I said my due is 20K how can i pay 25K, they said they get only 15K by selling these cigars. At last I paid only 20K from my card and hand over another 500 to that fellow and came back. while they were packing their stuffs in Cargills. 

Do not think about stopping your vehicles anywhere in front of Darley road. 

4 minutes ago, SMohan said:

Hello

2 Days back, I took my car to fix some visors. One fellow suddenly opened the car and got into my car and said to take the vehicle to Devanampiya tissa road. Visor price was initially 3900Rs i said i have got the same for Rs 1800 at last he told this is original for Rs 2200.

he started to promoting other items such as Side rubber bars for doors. which he said Rs 165 per feet. I thought it was approx 10 - 15 feet without all 4 doors. again he was promoting the heat sealer which is Rs 375 original to avoid scratches in the door area 

You will not believe my final bill was. These Kuddas ripped off me. All Supplies coming from Sajith Motors in that lane who is the boss bigger Kudda with a Cigarette. 

Side visor Rs 2200 | Mud cups he said Rs 1600. That id for one pair. now two paris for front and back Rs 3200. Side rubber bars Rs 165 X 65 ft (He has put to my dickie and bonnet plus all four doors without informing me) | Scratch avoider Rs 375 per ft X 25 Ft he says for all four doors. | One bugger has promoted for a light sticker tint which cost around Rs 2500 

I told the boss fellow to take remove everything. He said now cannot remove give the money. All kuddas surrounded me saying give money soon.I said i have only 10K in my hand. They said me go to ATM and bring some money. I had money in my debit but i said I have only credit card. I told the boss fellow accept credit card or swipe it in your friends shop if there is any if he does not have a machine., Bugger refused. 

At last one kudda said get into car and take him to food city they will purchase cigarettes for 20K. four of them got into car. At food city they had an idea to purchase cigaretts for 25 K, I said my due is 20K how can i pay 25K, they said they get only 15K by selling these cigars. At last I paid only 20K from my card and hand over another 500 to that fellow and came back. while they were packing their stuffs in Cargills. 

You need to stand your ground against these fellows. 

One got into my car when I inquired about a windscreen sun shade. I straightaway took the key and got out of the car and told the bugger to get out of the bloody car.

If you want something the best way is to approach the shop directly. And don't give these bugger any tips cause they sell you items from the shop with a markup anyways. The shops facing Darley road dont have many kudda boys because they have business anyways. It's the inner shops that plant these buggers on the main road. They will want you to go into inner lanes to fit items and by the time you come out your car will look like a thorana. If you really need accessories tell them to bring it to the main road and fix, and before anything ask the price if not they will rip you off big time. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SMohan said:

Hello

Is this in Sri Lanka? I would have punched him in the face the moment he got into the car. We need to pretend to be a bigger kudda in front of these buggers. 

1 hour ago, SMohan said:

Hello

You should have driven to a police station rather than paying a ransom.

Machan... go to Maradana Police even now and file a complaint. Maradana police buggers know all these tricks and they will round up all the kuddas and beat them up. Tell them they threatened you and you had to do it for self defense. Do you have the cargills bill? Show that as a proof.

I have got work done in Darley Road in the past (things like tinting, fitting steering wheel cover, beadings etc.). Never had any issue. You just need to act like a man and they won't try to harass you. 

• Like 2

Jesus Christ.. whenever I go there they try to open the door and I immediately say the "H" word in sinhala and they close the door.. you should act a bit tough with these mofo's otherwise they try to get into your pants.. anyway this is sad story to hear.. as crosswind said better go to the police asap and put an entry..  

1 hour ago, Crosswind said:

Machan... go to Maradana Police even now and file a complaint. Maradana police buggers know all these tricks and they will round up all the kuddas and beat them up. Tell them they threatened you and you had to do it for self defense. Do you have the cargills bill? Show that as a proof.

I have got work done in Darley Road in the past (things like tinting, fitting steering wheel cover, beadings etc.). Never had any issue. You just need to act like a man and they won't try to harass you. 

Quite true. I also had some stuff fitted in a by road. I went with two  more guys and before getting to the job was pretty firm on negotiating prices and what to do and not. Good lesson to every one who are thinking of going there in the future.

I would never take the car there but buy the stuff from there and get it fitted elsewhere

many items found in Darley road are found elsewhere too at a slightly higher price (Dehiwela,Maharagama,Delkanda,Ratmalana etc) but considering the pertol cost to go to Mardana and the hassle its actually much cheaper to do it elsewhere :)

• Like 2

On 2/6/2017 at 3:15 PM, PreseaLover said:

Jesus Christ.. whenever I go there they try to open the door and I immediately say the "H" word in sinhala and they close the door.. you should act a bit tough with these mofo's otherwise they try to get into your pants.. anyway this is sad story to hear.. as crosswind said better go to the police asap and put an entry..  

:lol:

• Like 1