• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Playstation Or X-Box

Newbi

In US a PS4 500gig is normally around $400 (Eg - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-4-500gb-black-friday-bundle-black/8637183.p?id=1219365658942&skuId=8637183). I'm not sure whether this helps or not, As of I know in many leading IT companies in SL people come to US for short term. If you know any friend you could ask them to bring.

Since we are talking about gaming consoles let a ask a small question about TV's. Have anyone bring down TVs from US? Do you face any issues as US use NTSC? Also one of my friend told me that you have to pay tax if you bring more than 32inch TV. Anyone has any idea about this? On another point i don't think voltage is not a big issue as voltage convertets are not that expensive.

It' not about the size of the TV. It's about the value of the item. depending on how long you've been overseas and your previous imports, you will be given a duty free allowance. If the TV is within it, good for you; else you'll have to pay duty on the outstanding value exceeding the allowance.

If you're travelling as a group/family you can pool in your allowances. My parents/sister did that when they got a 40" TV in Singapore and took it to SL.

It' not about the size of the TV. It's about the value of the item. depending on how long you've been overseas and your previous imports, you will be given a duty free allowance. If the TV is within it, good for you; else you'll have to pay duty on the outstanding value exceeding the allowance.

If you're travelling as a group/family you can pool in your allowances. My parents/sister did that when they got a 40" TV in Singapore and took it to SL.

He is right.But you do get tax'ed if you are bring down a 3D TV.But everything is workable if you know some one from customs.

He is right.But you do get tax'ed if you are bring down a 3D TV.But everything is workable if you know some one from customs.

You won't get taxed if the value of the item is within the combined duty free allowance of a family group for example if buying together. 3D TVs are not as expensive as they used to be. With UHD prices coming out, standard HD and 3D prices have fallen to record lows.

My wife's bugging me to get a xbox kinec cos she wants to play dance central. I never believed in spending on consoles when you can play on your computer. Either way I'm gonna be buying one soon.

So from what I understand the xbox 360 is the older model and xbox 1 is the newer one. Dance central works on both, but the good car games are on the xbox1. So I'm wondering if i should get get the xbox 360 (which is about $400) or get a xbox1 (around $740) which would benefit me too :D

And how about games? Any much are they gonna set me back? :D

like a good, obedient husband, who loves peace and tranquility. :P

Well, update forks.. got myself a Xbox1 on Tuesday. It came with the Assassin Creed Bundle. I wasnt a fan of the game at first but then it grows on you, and now I'm hooked. This my boss was out, so I skipped work a hour early and went and got myself Forza. It's nice, but I dont know why, but it hasnt lived up to the hype on how awesome console games are. Assasin Creed is doing a better job in that aspect. And the wife's loving Dance Central. The Kinect's image recognition is mindblowing indeed.

S$740 well spent :P

Well, update forks.. got myself a Xbox1 on Tuesday. It came with the Assassin Creed Bundle. I wasnt a fan of the game at first but then it grows on you, and now I'm hooked. This my boss was out, so I skipped work a hour early and went and got myself Forza. It's nice, but I dont know why, but it hasnt lived up to the hype on how awesome console games are. Assasin Creed is doing a better job in that aspect. And the wife's loving Dance Central. The Kinect's image recognition is mindblowing indeed.

S$740 well spent :P

Great ,Have fun.....

if it is still relevant i'm going to give my opinion ;-P

you could say PC is the best choice but it's a very expensive thing to maintain but i recommend anyone who is a fan of games like COD,WoW,dota2,starcraft , the plus side will be online play(if you go legit) you can play them when ever you like with out having to pay for monthly or yearly online membership(unlike PS or XB) .

if you are not elitist pc user you won't be able to enjoy all the eye-candy with respectable framerates.

building a USD1000 or greater is the obvious choice , don't expect cheaper VGA's and Processors to do a top-of-the-line performance in any new game

also pc systems gets obsolete fast, because every year newer, powerful and efficient components come into the market.

but if your going for XBone or PS4, you can have properly ported games (and some last gen titles remastered for ps4) , a game will cost Rs.10k but you get to enjoy eye-candy with atleast 30fps, sure like i said online play is a costly affair but once you buy it (atleast you get some free goodies on PS4) it'll be a well worth purchase

for me i tend to stick with pc for multiplatform games....and exclusives like inFamous and GTA5 (still not out for pc) i use the PS4..
be sure to check out the region locks on xbox1
i bought the ps4 and gta5 from chelsey , good place to buy your current gen console
search for a guy called gameking in sri lanka , he brings down titles for a bit less...(pc and ps4)

hope this helps! ;-)

Don't you think comparing consoles (xbox / PS) against each other and then deciding that a PC is the winner is a bit like trying to chose between a Corolla or a Sunny and ending up with a Mitsubishi Canter.

Another cool thing i DIDNT know is that you can link up your smart phone's youtube app to the xbox and play youtube vids on the TV

Edited by Watchman

Don't you think comparing consoles (xbox / PS) against each other and then deciding that a PC is the winner is a bit like trying to chose between a Corolla or a Sunny and ending up with a Mitsubishi Canter.

Another cool thing i DIDNT know is that you can link up your smart phone's youtube app to the xbox and play youtube vids on the TV

Absoloutely.There are some retards that just tally up the hardware spec sheet numbers and recommend that PC is the only thing for gaming.But it is so much more than that.We must look at whos looking to buy the device and their needs.In your case the need was for a dancing game for the wife and some casual gaming for you.Dance games with motion capture are practically non-existant for PC.So any argument thereafter is invalid.

More than the hardware people should focus on the games.I too have whats called a gaming PC but I find myself playing the Playstation more which has inferior graphics just cos it has better games.

• 5 weeks later...

there are morons who attack others for voicing their opinion...it's a forum you jerk....

Absoloutely.There are some retards that just tally up the hardware spec sheet numbers and recommend that PC is the only thing for gaming.But it is so much more than that.We must look at whos looking to buy the device and their needs.In your case the need was for a dancing game for the wife and some casual gaming for you.Dance games with motion capture are practically non-existant for PC.So any argument thereafter is invalid.

More than the hardware people should focus on the games.I too have whats called a gaming PC but I find myself playing the Playstation more which has inferior graphics just cos it has better games.

oh! i see....i was pointing out things which a new console buyer should consider...not trying to start a flame war (or whatever crazy names you folks call'em) i was trying to make a comparison with pc and current-gen ... if my opinion didn't matter you could leave it be, no need to call names....

there are morons who attack others for voicing their opinion...it's a forum you jerk....

Here is the thing. You can should share your opinion. But when you share something publicly, don't expect everybody to aggree with it.

Thats just life :)

Don't even need the go between device. Sony - Connected :P

Yes, it works with the phones too. Quite a few phones have screen mirroring if the TV supports it. My Nexus 4 does, tho I can't test it, no smart TV.

I use this thing -

Bit buggy, but it works. And since its connected to the wifi, it can pull media from other devices on my network too in addition to the net. Great way for showing photos to people on the big TV.

• 3 months later...

Folks,

Has anyone downloaded games from t@rrnts? And if your console is connected to the internet can it detect that the game you installed is a pir@t copy? Sorry I don't have much idea about gaming scene as I'm not the one who is playing.. ?? Just trying for some cheaper ways to get them as not many people have Xbox one games..

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...