• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying a new smartphone

Zambo

Can someone recommend a reliable place to buy a S6 Edge other than Sinhagiri?

Sinhagiri has it for 117K with a 2 year warranty and can have 0% interest 12 month plan on a Sampath card. Just wondering if a better price can be had elsewhere. Checked a few deal sites but their warranty sounds a bit sketchy.

Did you try SoftLogic? I remember they had some offers recently like 50% off for the Galaxy Alpha

Did you try SoftLogic? I remember they had some offers recently like 50% off for the Galaxy Alpha

They only have the S6 Edge plus as of now and judging by that price, it's in line with Sinhagiri's price. I guess that's the going rate of the phone with a warranty that's actually worth getting.

And Abans seems to carry LG only.

Anyways, thanks guys, I guess I'll go with Sinhagiri and opt for the payment plan :)

Don't go for an S6. Get an S7 because they have better battery life. My S6 on occasion does not make through my work day, usually when I'm out of the office and on data all day instead of Wifi.

They only have the S6 Edge plus as of now and judging by that price, it's in line with Sinhagiri's price. I guess that's the going rate of the phone with a warranty that's actually worth getting.

And Abans seems to carry LG only.

Anyways, thanks guys, I guess I'll go with Sinhagiri and opt for the payment plan :)

Ok it seems that offer is over . They've got rid of the S5's too it seems.

Abans does LG Only and their stuff is way overpriced.

Don't go for an S6. Get an S7 because they have better battery life. My S6 on occasion does not make through my work day, usually when I'm out of the office and on data all day instead of Wifi.

Really? Do you use it heavily during the day? I ask because, I've never had battery issues with my Note 2. I have my wifi, data and GPS on at all times (with smart switch enabled) and I poke at it quite a lot during the day as well.

Regardless, I guess I will seriously consider trying for the S7 then.

Ok it seems that offer is over . They've got rid of the S5's too it seems.

Abans does LG Only and their stuff is way overpriced.

Maybe they didn't want the remaining S6s to eat at the impending S7 sales.

Really? Do you use it heavily during the day? I ask because, I've never had battery issues with my Note 2. I have my wifi, data and GPS on at all times (with smart switch enabled) and I poke at it quite a lot during the day as well.

Same issue with Note 5. Have to keep GPS off else phone will be low batt before i finish work. I mostly use youtube for music listening at work. Mostly what i do now is connect cable to PC and have the phone screen on PC (Use sidesync which comes default with phone). PC mic and speaker (headset jack) will utilized by phone. Or else u can connect the headset to the phone too if you want to use connecting to phone. Since cable is connected it wont drain battery.

In addition to S7 edge comes with 3600mAh battery it also comes with Android marshmallow right? So I have a friend who is using LG G4 which got the marshmallow update and he claims that the battery utilization is much better vs Lollipop.

Also its nice to have S7 edge with Water and dust resistant form factor. Also want to test the new image sensor on its new camera.

I'm using a z3, heavy user with data always on (hspa+ and sometimes 4g), Bluetooth on for fitness tracker, and GPS alwys on. Phone is in stamina mode,i get around 30% left at the end of the day.

• Like 1

Regardless, I guess I will seriously consider trying for the S7 then.

Maybe they didn't want the remaining S6s to eat at the impending S7 sales.

Yes I use it for office work quite a bit, calls, calendar, emails, and personally viber, whatsapp, fb messenger. Plus it's connected with my Pebble Time smartwatch as well. The Note series have bigger batteries so they should be capable of providing more juice. I have never had my battery die on me, but I've ended up with around 30% by around 5pm. At times like that, I hook it up to my Xiaomi 5000mah powerbank which give it 15% juice within 20 minutes or so (the powerbank is capable of charging the phone almost as quickly as the Samsung fast charger).

• 2 months later...

So I got a Galaxy S7 Edge a month ago. And while it's only a marginal improvement over the S6, the biggest and most important improvements (to me) are the battery life and camera; I use this phone from 6:30 onwards, while on the bog, then plucking a flower or three while on the road, emails et al while at work, connected to 4G, Wifi and Bluetooth (car and watch), and I still have over 40% at home, which is usually good for another 8-10 hours when checking the battery life estimate on the phone. If anyone has an S5 or older phone, this is the one you need to upgrade to. I won't touch on performance, since even the S4 is still a good performer once you get rid of Touchwiz or install Cyanogenmod.

So I got a Galaxy S7 Edge a month ago. And while it's only a marginal improvement over the S6, the biggest and most important improvements (to me) are the battery life and camera; I use this phone from 6:30 onwards, while on the bog, then plucking a flower or three while on the road, emails et al while at work, connected to 4G, Wifi and Bluetooth (car and watch), and I still have over 40% at home, which is usually good for another 8-10 hours when checking the battery life estimate on the phone. If anyone has an S5 or older phone, this is the one you need to upgrade to. I won't touch on performance, since even the S4 is still a good performer once you get rid of Touchwiz or install Cyanogenmod.

Bought the S7 Edge for the wife and there seems to be a huge improvement of battery life.

My old Note 2 seems to be getting slower by the day, maybe I should get Cyanogenmod in there and see.

How much was it?

• 1 month later...

So the time has come where the current mobile shows signs of dilapidation and its been 3 years of use now... its restarts every 5 minutes time...

So decided its about time I keep an eye for a new phone.. I've used Sony my whole life and not happy with the product, as the max duration I used a phone was 3 years and it breaks.

I don't like samsung too.. So I'm giving a try with Apple..

I'm not much of a phone guy, so a basic apple would do..,

My main requirements are calls, a notepad, whatsapp, trackID and a good cam.. and of course it needs to sync via bluetooth with my car setup.. those are the only things I use in a phone..

So my budget is around 25k max and if really necassary I'll go upto 27k thats it...

I checked in the quick site and found that an apple 5 can be bought for 27.5k genuine brand new one... not the 5s, just the 5....However does anyone know a recommended place where I can buy an apple 5 for the same price with warranty? (coz its better to go with recommendation)

Thanks in advance :)

So the time has come where the current mobile shows signs of dilapidation and its been 3 years of use now... its restarts every 5 minutes time...

So decided its about time I keep an eye for a new phone.. I've used Sony my whole life and not happy with the product, as the max duration I used a phone was 3 years and it breaks.

I don't like samsung too.. So I'm giving a try with Apple..

I'm not much of a phone guy, so a basic apple would do..,

My main requirements are calls, a notepad, whatsapp, trackID and a good cam.. and of course it needs to sync via bluetooth with my car setup.. those are the only things I use in a phone..

So my budget is around 25k max and if really necassary I'll go upto 27k thats it...

I checked in the quick site and found that an apple 5 can be bought for 27.5k genuine brand new one... not the 5s, just the 5....However does anyone know a recommended place where I can buy an apple 5 for the same price with warranty? (coz its better to go with recommendation)

Thanks in advance :)

Please call it iPhone 5 :sport-smiley-004:

No most china set ups will not connect without specific ipod connectivity option

China Setups? Dude I'm using an Original Kenwood DPX5000bt setup, not a chinese setup... And currently my Sony bluetooth connects to the setup and works perfectly...

Edited by PreseaLover

Its a sealed Battery (Xperia SP) so no way of replacing the battery... the only option is a new phone ryt? Will resetting the phone work?

Dude! I had the same phone, (actually I still have it as an expensive paper weight), I played some maka bass thing with it and now it has a broken LCD and a touch, everything else is working perfectly, the battery is removable once you remove the screws. The sad thing is I screwed one of the screws :-P while trying to open the phone for some work and now it wont open anymore.

Dude! I had the same phone, (actually I still have it as an expensive paper weight), I played some maka bass thing with it and now it has a broken LCD and a touch, everything else is working perfectly, the battery is removable once you remove the screws. The sad thing is I screwed one of the screws :-P while trying to open the phone for some work and now it wont open anymore

Ahhh ok... mine has more issues, like the whole screen is cracked and the whole backside of the phone is peeled off.. the wifi doesnt get switched off when I do so, have to hit the charger hard for it to get charged, the clock in the display has automatically aligned itself to the upper right corner and the wallpaper is crooked, if i plug an ear phone to the phone, and after removing it, I wont hear the ringing tone or anything again, but I have been living with these issues for the past year or so :D so changing the battery would not solve all these mysteries :D