• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying a new smartphone

Zambo

Good to hear that ! Thinking of getting a tab myself...

Would you care to let us know the model of the new tab ? Samsung tab 7 may be ?

And for how much does it go for these days ?

Asus Transformer TF101 16GB, no idea how much it went for when it was bought but I believe its around 35k mark now. I got a hand me down because the owner wanted to go for the new iPad. I need to get the keyboard thingy for it though.

Asus Transformer TF101 16GB, no idea how much it went for when it was bought but I believe its around 35k mark now. I got a hand me down because the owner wanted to go for the new iPad. I need to get the keyboard thingy for it though.

Lucky you ! :)

• 2 months later...

Saw what must be the first Galaxy S III in the country last night. Bought in Singa, not here officially yet, and apparently not a planned purchase, just snapped up since it was available. Very nice, I must say. Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it. Knew it wasn't available yet.

But no big deal. I have probably the only available model of a phone with a qwerty slider running an official ICS update. Sony came thru with the update last week. Its funny coz the Ericsson has been dropped from the boot screens :D

Good upgrade. Good new features, but lots of the existing functionality works the same way, so don't have to learn new ways of doing old things. Only concern is some instability with the Gallery app.

But no big deal. I have probably the only available model of a phone with a qwerty slider running an official ICS update. Sony came thru with the update last week. Its funny coz the Ericsson has been dropped from the boot screens :D

Sonyericsson was a joint venture between Sony and Ericsson of Sweden, I think Sony completely bought over the brand in 2012 march so from now on all the models released will only be called "SONY" no Ericsson part :)

Saw what must be the first Galaxy S III in the country last night. Bought in Singa, not here officially yet, and apparently not a planned purchase, just snapped up since it was available. Very nice, I must say. Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it. Knew it wasn't available yet.

Good upgrade. Good new features, but lots of the existing functionality works the same way, so don't have to learn new ways of doing old things. Only concern is some instability with the Gallery app.

yes the phone is amazing but i wont be moving from my S2 to S3, there isnt much difference.

watch this video

Sonyericsson was a joint venture between Sony and Ericsson of Sweden, I think Sony completely bought over the brand in 2012 march so from now on all the models released will only be called "SONY" no Ericsson part :)

Errrr.... I kinda know this. Aney bung :P

Its funny coz my phone has the SE logo printed on it, but the boot screen logo is just Sony.

I'm actually going to downgrade to a Samsung Y Duos. Reason being that that particular phone supports 3G for both SIMs and has basic social networking stuff and mail support including activesync. The Transformer is used for everything else, including angrybirds, and the look and feel is better than ever with the ICS update.

A bit OT guys but which network currently offers the best all island coverage right now? Mainly a good 3G connection?

and also are micro sims easily available?

I think coverage wise Mobitel leads the pack, im not sure of this though

• 1 month later...

Samsung has announced the quite fascinating Galaxy Note 10.1 for those who are interested in that kinda thing. I'm certainly looking forward to more info.

Also, I think my next upgrade might be a Motorola Photon Q. Moto doesn't have the best of histories, but with Google taking over, I have hopes it will improve. And that phone is an impressive piece of kit.

I use the Sensation XE. B*tch on battery but a very user friendly device. My 02 cents is to test an HTC and then decide.

I'm in love with the HTC Incredible S, which I bought rather 'accidentally'. Always a Sony fan, earlier wanted an Arc S but after trying that a bit I thought the HTC was better.

Samsung has announced the quite fascinating Galaxy Note 10.1 for those who are interested in that kinda thing. I'm certainly looking forward to more info.

Also, I think my next upgrade might be a Motorola Photon Q. Moto doesn't have the best of histories, but with Google taking over, I have hopes it will improve. And that phone is an impressive piece of kit.

im not a big fan of the UI of motorola..

i used a Motorola Photon 4G a.k.a Motorola Electrify for some time (bought one for buying and selling purpose).

just didnt felt right at all,

the flasher light is too yellow, less settings in the camera.. the menu is similar to the HTC sense.

but on the plus side. it does have better build quality

dude, not a long time ago, u argued with me that S3 is not worth the extra money over S2 ha ? :P

hahaha yes i did, but i wanna to buy a new phone.

edit: S3s display and camera are quite cool, apart from that theres no major difference

Edited by Magnum

Me too machan!.The rate at which price is going down,it may come down to 80k mark soon,isn't it?

one of my relative got one from india for some 60Ks. i dunno whether its different from the UK. got to check it out

hahaha yes i did, but i wanna to buy a new phone.

edit: S3s display and camera are quite cool, apart from that theres no major difference

+quad core processor,s voice,and quick GPS fixing due to additional russian sats(Glonas +GPS)

i really dont need that quad core, dual core is fine for me and you can get S-Voice for you S2 as well :)

Yep, there isnt much between s2 and s3. Im comming out from symbian platform to android and it will be a huge change for me! :) .Im a big fan of car/gps bassed apps and really impressed with an app called Torque after going through few reveiws. Edited by H.C