• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying a new smartphone

Zambo

Ok so after going through all the phones for sale found out that only USED iphones 5'S are there for sale and the rest are fake with no warranty and hence im not ready to buy a used phone.. so thought of going for the 5s, which brand new one's are there and costs around 50k... therefore I extended my budget for 50k (I hate to do this because I dont wanna spend on phones much, but I have no choice because im looking for durability than size and quality)... now the problem is where to buy.. you guys know any place where I can buy for at least lesser than 50k? to save 1 or 2k's at least.. btw I'm looking for the gold coloured 5s... .

Edited by PreseaLover

Ok so after going through all the phones for sale found out that only USED iphones 5'S are there for sale and the rest are fake with no warranty and hence im not ready to buy a used phone.. so thought of going for the 5s, which brand new one's are there and costs around 50k... therefore I extended my budget for 50k (I hate to do this because I dont wanna spend on phones much, but I have no choice because im looking for durability than size and quality)... now the problem is where to buy.. you guys know any place where I can buy for at least lesser than 50k? to save 1 or 2k's at least.. btw I'm looking for the gold coloured 5s... .

Quick solution : Don't buy an iPhone. There are hundreds of non-sony smartphones that are NOT from Chinese brands.

Motorola, HTC are two that come to mind. Particularly Moto who put out a few zippy phones that ran without any OEM Bloatware. You can easily get a 2nd Gen MOTO G.

• Like 1

Dude your gonna buy a bloody 2013 phone for 50k? Once the Iphone 7 comes out,its gonna be 3 generations old...U must be kidding me.. Atleast get the iphone SE instead. It looks the same as the 5S, but with upgrades specs.. My pick for 50k would be a slightly used Galaxy Edge or a HTC m9.. If apple is a must, then get the iphone 6(u can find used phones with warranty)...

Personally speaking, I think your primary problem is the fact that you're looking for a phone that will last you years and years. Unfortunately, thanks to our modern consumer culture, it appears that products like phones are simply no longer built to last much more than 2-3 years at most because people simply don't hang onto them for that long. So expecting them to do so is basically tilting at windmills.

I've found that the flagship models always tend to be a bit better built and more durable than lower line ones so going for a previous generation flagship is often the best budget/requirements compromise. Went with an Xperia Z1 when the Z2 had come out and the Z3 was on the way and have used it for just over 2 years now. It's beginning to slow a bit and has random freezing issues but it has been dropped multiple times, scratched and generally used hard (though I do have a case on it).

So maybe you should not give up on sony that easily.

I've found that the flagship models always tend to be a bit better built and more durable than lower line ones so going for a previous generation flagship is often the best budget/requirements compromise. Went with an Xperia Z1 when the Z2 had come out and the Z3 was on the way and have used it for just over 2 years now. It's beginning to slow a bit and has random freezing issues but it has been dropped multiple times, scratched and generally used hard (though I do have a case on it).

So maybe you should not give up on sony that easily.

Amen to that be it any brand the Flagships usually last longer, have decent features even for the present day. Also gets all the latest software and security updates as well. A very good alternative to buying a new mid range/budget phone is to get an older flagship. like Sony's Z range, Samsungs Galaxy S range, HTC One series etc.

Having read PL's dreaded history with Sony phones, my opinion is that it's his way of treating gadgets :)

Personally I've had 6 Sony/Sony Ericsson phones in the past and never had any durability issue what so ever ( issues due to me being a maka bass don't count).

I still use the one I got in 2009 as a backup phone with the original battery it came with.

PL, if you want a slightly uncommon phone in your hand, try ASUS Zenfone range. I personally use a Zenfone 2 with an Intel CPU + 4GB of ram and it's the best thing you can get for a measly budget..

Edited by NRX
  • Like 1

Ok so considering all your comments I'm giving thought to Sony once again.. I checked all the sony phone models available for less than 25k and came up with the Sony Xperia E4... The reason I opted out the M4 aqua is because it has a VGA Secondary cam... comparing to my Xperia SP, the only phone that is upgraded to a certain satisfactory standard is the Xperia E4... Has anyone used this before?...

My only concern in this is the battery life... Right now my phone will switch off in max 5 hours... In that case, so at least if these sony phones doesnt last for 24 hours its no use...I rapidly use whatsapp, FB, tinder etc. and data is 24/7 on with gps... how long does the battery lasts in your sony phones?

My only concern in this is the battery life... Right now my phone will switch off in max 5 hours... In that case, so at least if these sony phones doesnt last for 24 hours its no use...I rapidly use whatsapp, FB, tinder etc. and data is 24/7 on with gps... how long does the battery lasts in your sony phones?

Oho Tinder... you naughty boy...

Ok so considering all your comments I'm giving thought to Sony once again.. I checked all the sony phone models available for less than 25k and came up with the Sony Xperia E4... The reason I opted out the M4 aqua is because it has a VGA Secondary cam... comparing to my Xperia SP, the only phone that is upgraded to a certain satisfactory standard is the Xperia E4... Has anyone used this before?...

I get easily over 10 hours of use out of the Z1 even now but then I don't use it very heavily and I switch GPS off when it's not needed. Data is on all the time though and bluetooth is when I'm in the car. It's all a matter of managing your energy I guess. Then again the Z has a much bigger battery than Sony phones in the 25k range. Since you were considering upping the budget to 50k, I suggest you do that and look at getting a Z3 or a Z3 Compact.

Lol you are married and all so you of course cannot use tinder and all :P

Actually I'm using tinder for a completely different intention, not for what normal guys use tinder for ;)

Do you actually think about the things you say/type before you blurt them out or is it more a stream of consciousness type thing?

Having read PL's dreaded history with Sony phones, my opinion is that it's his way of treating gadgets :)

Personally I've had 6 Sony/Sony Ericsson phones in the past and never had any durability issue what so ever ( issues due to me being a maka bass don't count).

I still use the one I got in 2009 as a backup phone with the original battery it came with.

PL, if you want a slightly uncommon phone in your hand, try ASUS Zenfone range. I personally use a Zenfone 2 with an Intel CPU + 4GB of ram and it's the best thing you can get for a measly budget..

I've used 2 Sony phones upto now actually the first one was a Sony Ericsson. I never had any issues with them. I even sold the first one to a friend of mine before I bought the second Sony Xperia phone because it was in such a good condition. I've been using the Xperia till today for 3 years and still everything works perfectly. At the end of the day, it's all about how you treat them no matter what their brand is. I don't know about the Chinese brands but if you use it properly it would last longer.

• Like 2

Do you actually think about the things you say/type before you blurt them out or is it more a stream of consciousness type thing?

Of course I think twice before saying something because I'd be solely responsible for whatever I say and whatever I say depicts who I am, and yes a stream of consciousness kinda thing as well... why what's wrong in the last statement I made? :speechless-smiley-019:

Xperia E series is the cheapest in their line up while M being the mid range, think again before committing to a low end device.

Are you sure about the VGA Front cam????

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_m4_aqua-7068.php

Edited by matroska

Of course I think twice before saying something because I'd be solely responsible for whatever I say and whatever I say depicts who I am, and yes a stream of consciousness kinda thing as well... why what's wrong in the last statement I made? :speechless-smiley-019:
Lol you are married and all so you of course cannot use tinder and all :P

Actually I'm using tinder for a completely different intention, not for what normal guys use tinder for ;)

Damn that's cheap! 16 or 32GB? Was it a one day offer?

16GB. Yes thats very cheap for a brand new phone with one year warranty. Its a two day offer which started yesterday. I saw the message only today noon. Went to the Union Place customer care center to check it but they said stocks were gone by today morning.

Nice... now I did a comparison and i think im almost about to make a decision.... I compared the iphone 5s with M4 Aqua and was very impressed for 2 reasons...

1 is aqua has a cam of 13mp which 5s has an 8mp one and the front cam is 5mp which 5s has a 2mp one... this is good especially for me presea photography...

the most impressed factor is this one below... is this true??

left is m4 and right is s5... so sony battery lasts than iphone? wow

Stand-by Up to 681 h (2G) / Up to 685 h (3G) ///////////////////////// Up to 250 h (2G) / Up to 250 h (3G)

Talk time Up to 12 h 40 min (2G) / Up to 13 h 20 min (3G) ///////////////////Up to 10 h (2G) / Up to 10 h (3G)

therefore 99% im going for the Aqua m4 thanks to you guys... now once again im trying to save 1 or 2k's here... :D the aqua goes for 26.5K and is there anyone who knows some place i can get it for less than 26.5.. at least 24 or 25k? (I want the white one though)...

Edited by PreseaLover