• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How To Keep Rats Away From Car

samanp

Question

Bad smell started to come when I turn on A/C few days back. After checking at garage the mecahnic found a rat inside the blower and it had already damaged the A/C filter. Anyone else had this kind of issue? How do you keep rats away from the car (i drive the car everyday so looks like rats get in at night when engine is cooled down).

One of my friends had same trouble from rats and therefore he used to keep a light (I think 25W or 40W) under the car(on the garage floor, under the engine compartment) at night. He fixed a bulb to a dish shaped lamp shade and fixed a long wire, so it could easily manage and movable. It worked well for him.

But I don’t think, it is an answer for everywhere. However light works as a repellent for animals like rats and cockroaches, up to some extent . You may try it and take care on safety too. Some times a wall lamp safely fixed on garage wall near to ground level ,and near to front of the car would help.

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera

well, few weeks back i went to get the gree test done for my CR41 and it got failed surprizingly. They ask me to check air filter n injectors. the air filter was fairly a new one. Then i checked air filter and guess what, there was virtually no air filter inside. air filter box was made the nest by rats and air filter was eaten into pieces. This must be coz the vehicle is rarely driven after my father's demise so rat might find a nice home. I got it replaced and passed the test without much issues, but still wondering how can i survive with the rat issue. thanks davy for ur advices bro.

One of my friends had same trouble from rats and therefore he used to keep a light (I think 25W or 40W) under the car(on the garage floor, under the engine compartment) at night. He fixed a bulb to a dish shaped lamp shade and fixed a long wire, so it could easily manage and movable. It worked well for him.

But I don’t think, it is an answer for everywhere. However light works as a repellent for animals like rats and cockroaches, up to some extent . You may try it and take care on safety too. Some times a wall lamp safely fixed on garage wall near to ground level ,and near to front of the car would help.

There is a safer and more harmless way for those who do not want to kill them. Install an ultrasonic Mouse repeller. It can repel all sort of harmful animals in a harmless way (Rats, Rodents, Bats and similar types). You can purchase it through E-Bay.

• Like 2

I also faced the same issue sometime ago. Rats have destroyed my seats & I had to replace all the seat covers. Even I didnt want to put rat poison & kill them. Instead I found a very good solution that's we call as " Mee Kuuda" a cage with a bait inside. The moment the rats gets inside & eats the bait, door closes. It was really effective & was able to catch the fellow alive.Try that.

any idea about pepper powder on squirrels? i constantly find eaten up mango seed in my engine bay

wow... mango seeds... :speechless-smiley-004: your car looks like a restaurant to them it seems mate.

• Like 1