• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suzuki Swift Transmission Oil Change

HB211

Guys i use a Suzuki Swift 2008 model (ZC71S) & this is regrading the transmission oil change. In the user manual it says that the transmission oil is life time & we do not need to change it as we do in Toyotas. But when i went to A*W for regular engine oil change, they recommended me to change transmission oil before reach the 80000km mark. As they said they make this recommendation due to the traffic & road conditions of Sri Lanka. What do you guys think? Do i need to change oil? any one with previous experience?

Edited by HB211

Guys i use a Suzuki Swift 2008 model (ZC71S) & this is regrading the transmission oil change. In the user manual it says that the transmission oil is life time & we do not need to change it as we do in Toyotas. But when i went to A*W for regular engine oil change, they recommend me to change transmission oil before reach the 80000km mark. As they said they make this recommendation due to the traffic & road conditions of Sri Lanka. What do you guys think? Do i need to change oil? any one with previous experience?

I think the A*W recommendation is correct. Basically there were quite a few vehicles which came with supposed lifetime gearbox oil which after a while led to sludge problems as they suffered chemical breakdown under our hot sun and harsh conditions. A gearbox rebuild is more expensive than a transmission oil change and an 80,000 service cycle is pretty long so I would change the transmission oil as a precaution around the period the agents recommends.

I think the A*W recommendation is correct. Basically there were quite a few vehicles which came with supposed lifetime gearbox oil which after a while led to sludge problems as they suffered chemical breakdown under our hot sun and harsh conditions. A gearbox rebuild is more expensive than a transmission oil change and an 80,000 service cycle is pretty long so I would change the transmission oil as a precaution around the period the agents recommends.

Thank you for the suggestion DON....They said something similar to what you said. For a moment i thought A*W trying to get more business to them...

& AppleBee....... did it cost something around 20k?

This long life transmission fluid is very expensive check the cost before you do it and also ensure that they use the proper manufacturer recommended oil.

This car has a CVT wrong oil can ruin the box and the repalcement will be very expensive.

Go and get it done through the agent their prices are reasonable and they will have the proper info on your vehicle requirement.

Thank you for the suggestion DON....They said something similar to what you said. For a moment i thought A*W trying to get more business to them...

& AppleBee....... did it cost something around 20k?

I believe your car has a CVT gear box. When changing gear oil be careful. Because you cannot use normal auto gear oil for a CVT gear box. CVT gear oil is bit expensive than normal gear oil (I believe you already know this. I mentioned this just in case because I've heard about people who has damaged their CVT gear box because they have used normal auto gear oil) About a year ago I had to change gear oil and it cost me around Rs 8000 - Rs 9000 for a 4L can. You need a 4L can for your car. I have the same car but 2009 model.

Thank you guys.... Rajeev did you go to the agent or did it out side??

I recommend you do it at the agent. A*W rates are reasonable and you will find that particularly for cars like yours buying the transmission oil from outside is quite messy as the shops will try to sell you whatever they have. My family has the older Swift and after trying a few outside shops I went to the agent who gave me two options, BP autotran or Suzuki oil (I went for the cheaper BP autotran option) and the price was very reasonable.

Next time I would probably opt for Suzuki oil I think and get the entire thing done at the agent.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...