• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ford Mondeo Spare Parts

Suds72

Hi Guys,

I have seen a couple of Ford Mondeos to be sold in Sri Lanka and kind of interested. That's a very comfortable car as far as I know. But several people tolda me that that spare parts are not available in Sri Lanka and even if they are available the would be very expensive. For example a set of brake pads would cost like 50K. Is that true ? Are there any reasonable people dealing with Ford Mondeo parts other than agents ?

Are there any qualified repair centre like Milroy for BMW, Ruwan for VW/Audi ?

Please share your knowledge

dont really know much about the mondeo but generally ford parts can be found with asiri motors, rainbow motors etc...

Some parts are somewhat generic too.

I drive a ford truck and admittedly, parts dont come as easy as it was for more mainstream models like toyota, nissan etc,

Also finding even simple things like an air filter while you're out of colombo is hard... Body parts would be even more challenging.

I would assume since we have a ford agent here now, things should be better for models imported by them.

As for parts costs...genuine ford parts will always be more expensive. this is not something that applies to fords alone. Even genuine toyota parts are pricey compared to aftermarket parts from 3rd party manufacturers like 555 etc,

For instance...i dropped a clutch master pump repair kit last week or so.... Seiken brand was 675 bucks, Genuine ford was 3750bucks. I ended dropping the original kit in.

Front brakes, genuine is 36k, FBK is about 4K

Mondeo is a very comfortable car and I feel its good value for money. The easiest way to get spares for a Mondeo is thru ebay. If they are consumables like brake pads, u will always find alternatives like Ripper mentioned.

David Pieris still undertakes repairs for the Mondeos they imported. Ask for mechanic Caldera. He knows Mondeos inside out. They don't stock spares but you can always get the spares from outside and give them to fix it.

If you go to Panchikwatha you can find enough of Ford dealers mate and most of the Mazda parts do fit the Ford. Atm I'm restoring a Ford Cortina Mk3 1976 To tell you I found every single part I wanted Even the Bearings were available, Mondeo being a new model obviously the parts are available.

Cheers

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

I have seen a couple of Ford Mondeos to be sold in Sri Lanka and kind of interested. That's a very comfortable car as far as I know. But several people tolda me that that spare parts are not available in Sri Lanka and even if they are available the would be very expensive. For example a set of brake pads would cost like 50K. Is that true ? Are there any reasonable people dealing with Ford Mondeo parts other than agents ?

Are there any qualified repair centre like Milroy for BMW, Ruwan for VW/Audi ?

Please share your knowledge

Hi if you got someone who can ship it from england would be cheap. Go to eBay.co.uk and search the pads you want With the year and the model to see what's the actual cost.