• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Removing Tar Particles From The Paint

nadisha

Sometime back I was looking for some bug/tar remover and found an ArmorAll product at KeelsSuper-Crescat (out of all the places) can't remember the exact price but remember it being too expensive that I resorted not to buy it (compared to how much tar I had to clean up was not worth it i guess) bought a tire shine bottle though :D.

mate try to avoid using kerosine if possible - it could sometimes react with the wax or clear coat and make it go white. If you do have to use kerosine, work on small areas and wash it off with water and car wash liquid before you progress to next area. Keep kerosone away from plastic lenses of lights at all times.

Best is to use a "tar and bug remover". ArmourAll and Turtle provide some good products. Carefully read the instructions - not all products are equally suitable on all surfaces. There are different products to clean metal panels, fibre / plastic panels, rubber trims, light lenses and chrome.

After you've removed the stains, apply a good wax (as also pointed out by varunatech). This way tar and bugs won't cling on to the panels as hard as before and it will be easier to clean.

Hi guys,

is there a way to remove the tar particles stuck on the paint, with out damaging the paint ? once in a service station they used some stuff ( may be kerosene) and the car smelled horrible for weeks.

thanks in advance,

Nadisha

Use 3M general purpose adhesive (GP) cleaner, removes tar and unremovable dirt like butter when applied heat!!! also doesn't cause any damage to the paint. However it is advisable to just use a paste wax on the area that 3M GP is applied.