• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lancer Ex

kala

Errr dude, what I meant was dressing up a Proton in Lancer livery, in my opinion, is a downgrade, assuming the inspira is lotus tuned.

Just my personal preference of course

Oh yeah I get it, it doesn't sound good!

Errr dude, what I meant was dressing up a Proton in Lancer livery, in my opinion, is a downgrade, assuming the inspira is lotus tuned.

Just my personal preference of course

I don't see the point

We all love the build quality of the lancer as to the gen2 or savvy

And the lancer is a great handling car (according to reviews of the evoX) and having it done by lotus adds some icing onto the cake

I don't see the point

We all love the build quality of the lancer as to the gen2 or savvy

And the lancer is a great handling car (according to reviews of the evoX) and having it done by lotus adds some icing onto the cake

hoooooooollllddddddd onnnnnnn!

Did you just deduce that the Lancer is a great handling car because the EvoX was reviewed to handle great?

Wow that escalated fast :rolleyes:

Dear Friends,

I am interest on buying a Lancer Ex 2007/2008 car .But I have been a Toyota user for years & do not have any experience with Mitsubishi .So Wht r the things that i should look at when buying EX car & how about its,

-Fuel consumption

-Availability of spare parts

-Comfort

-Suspension level

-Resale market

Seek ur expert comments.Thanks in advance.

Well I upgraded from my CS1 2001 to Ex 2008 last Oct. since then its been daily running.

Fuel Consumption - 12.5 - 13.5 in City and 16+ outstation (Max of 18)

Spareparts - Will have to stick to Agents mostly cos the car wasnt brought down recondition. so it will be relatively not easy to find spares (this is the case for CS model as well). But the regular maintanace stuff is available

Suspension - no complaints

Re sale market - this is still a new car at the 2nd hand market we will have to wait and see what happenes. I do not see you loosing money on absolute terms on this car when you resell (Bargain when you purchace though). People who have bought this car around 4.5mil or 5mil 2-3 yeas ago will loose. but at the current market rate around 3.5mil - 3.8mil I dont see you loosing money

The 2007-2008 models have had the ABS sensor issue which had comeup was mostly under the period of warrenty. most of the cars (i checked) have got it replaced. I love the sound of the engine and the exhaust, Pulling power is good and good handling for a front wheel driven car. you point your nose where you want to go and it will go there without much fuss.

Let me know if you want more details.

Owarall - Best Car I have Owned thus far

• Like 3

Well I upgraded from my CS1 2001 to Ex 2008 last Oct. since then its been daily running.

Fuel Consumption - 12.5 - 13.5 in City and 16+ outstation (Max of 18)

Spareparts - Will have to stick to Agents mostly cos the car wasnt brought down recondition. so it will be relatively not easy to find spares (this is the case for CS model as well). But the regular maintanace stuff is available

Suspension - no complaints

Re sale market - this is still a new car at the 2nd hand market we will have to wait and see what happenes. I do not see you loosing money on absolute terms on this car when you resell (Bargain when you purchace though). People who have bought this car around 4.5mil or 5mil 2-3 yeas ago will loose. but at the current market rate around 3.5mil - 3.8mil I dont see you loosing money

The 2007-2008 models have had the ABS sensor issue which had comeup was mostly under the period of warrenty. most of the cars (i checked) have got it replaced. I love the sound of the engine and the exhaust, Pulling power is good and good handling for a front wheel driven car. you point your nose where you want to go and it will go there without much fuss.

Let me know if you want more details.

Owarall - Best Car I have Owned thus far

This i dont agree.. you dont have to rely on the Agents for spares for CS models.. there are ample reconditioned spare parts available outside...

This i dont agree.. you dont have to rely on the Agents for spares for CS models.. there are ample reconditioned spare parts available outside...

Yeah, I guess Harry may have bought his CS1 brand new and must be saying out of his experience back in the day. Since the CS series has been in SL for quite some time now (over 10 years), reconditioned parts are all over the place. This probably will be the case for the Ex in a few years.

My Dream!! :smilie_liebe9:

Some day trinity... Some day. :)

I know what you mean Trinity. I think i have phrased it wrong. I also didnt have any problems with my CS1 but what I meant to say was that I will not be as easy as finding parts for reconditioned Cars imported to SL. For an example, 1st time I was looking for the clutch pump I had to roam around a bit. But the next time I knew where to go. In the case of a Lancer Ex, the car is still new to the spareparts matket. Hence it will be abit difficult to find spares. It is bound to change with more cars in the market.

I see more and more Lances Exs on roads everyday.

My Dream!! :smilie_liebe9:

Go for a Manual Mate you wont regret. I have been on few long trips and used Horana - Ratnapura road. It was Lovely to drive it in the bends.

Edited by Harry (aq)

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Harry (aq)" data-cid="235750" data-time="1363781754"><p>

<br />

Go for a Manual Mate you wont regret. I have been on few long trips and user Horana - Ratnapura road. It was Lovely to drive it in the bends.</p></blockquote>

Well I too travel daily basis on same road upto Ellagawa from Horana,but hardly see a lancer ex . Whats your time of travel cuz love to chase behind a Ex. Best part of my job is the daily drive to work place.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="trinity" data-cid="235724" data-time="1363774278"><p>

<br />

My Dream!! :smilie_liebe9:</p></blockquote>

Ahh, me too machan. Lost my Honda loyalty after 2012 civic!. My dream would be Lancer Ex or new Skyactiv powerd Mazda3(160BHP one).

Same thought here... and the front bumper of a Lancer EX would do the trick perfectly... did some research of the car.. what watchman told about it is true... Made in Jap and put together in Malay... good deal if you could bring down a one.,,,
There were other Mitsubishis on Proton badge too. I have driven Proton Perdana V6 sometime back in 2003 and it was a awesome car to drive. http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Proton_Perdana_(V6)_(first_generation,_second_facelift)_(rear),_Serdang.jpg . I think they are proud of the Proton and don't bother to change the emblems.