• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Micro Rexton

BAnuradha

Magnum,

I do not want to argue on your post.I agree with you on the Indian technology,I always give my opinion.

India is daily improving their technology. By R&D so many scientists are being employed by them for this purpose.

Please understand most big time valuable high quality vehicle manufacturers had started vehicle assembly plants in India.

India first started with the west with their technology today they have most Japanese vehicles. They are plenty in S L market

I have posted early about Indian vehicles how they have invaded, to S L market. Do not want to repeat again.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi

Most of them are commenting bad for rexton. Ok. I have 5.ml hard earning money in my hand. I m ready to go 1.5 ml lease with this 5.ml cash. then I can buy Kia Sorento 2011 or Mitsubishi pajero YOM 2000 original diesel jeep.

If I got the second option I have to pay as interest at least 6lks for 1.5

Is it still worth to go with Japanese Pajero or Sorento ?

My advice, Go for Kia Sorento 2011.

You will save your time going to garages, Injector pump repairs, and lot of diesel engine related repairs. I have seen many Pajeros with lot of black smokes in the road.. Sri Lankan peoples think pattern is bit different.

I had Townace CR42 diesel auto gear vehicle, 1999, it has poor acceleration and deadly pickup (Which coudn't corrected for company also and they said it's the normal with that model), but within half a day of the paper advertisement the vehicle was sold. It has nearly 100,000Kms in the clock and I was the thrid owner (not sure meter reading is genuine or not)

I had spent lot of money after buying that vehicle to repair suspensions, injector pumps, radiators and low pulling power. I got the emission test failed 3 times out of 4 years. and with lot of spending on injector repairs, replacement and injector pump service, it got passed but problem again comes in next year.

You will save your time going to garages, Injector pump repairs, and lot of diesel engine related repairs. I have seen many Pajeros with lot of black smokes in the road.. Sri Lankan peoples think pattern is bit different.

I had Townace CR42 diesel auto gear vehicle, 1999, it has poor acceleration and deadly pickup (Which coudn't corrected for company also and they said it's the normal with that model), but within half a day of the paper advertisement the vehicle was sold. It has nearly 100,000Kms in the clock and I was the thrid owner (not sure meter reading is genuine or not)

I had spent lot of money after buying that vehicle to repair suspensions, injector pumps, radiators and low pulling power. I got the emission test failed 3 times out of 4 years. and with lot of spending on injector repairs, replacement and injector pump service, it got passed but problem again comes in next year.

So by your logic, more than half the vehicles on the road today are "bad".. Your van is probably one bad example, but for that one bad example I can find you a dozen GOOD examples of older vehicles running without the type of issues you talk about.

• Like 1

So by your logic, more than half the vehicles on the road today are "bad".. Your van is probably one bad example, but for that one bad example I can find you a dozen GOOD examples of older vehicles running without the type of issues you talk about.

The word "Bad" mean relative. A bad vehicle for me can be a good vehicle for you.

I know a couple of people who had/have the Townace, its a good vehicle with a 3C-T under the hood ;)

Your vehicle was probably faulty due to high mileage and poor maintenance by previous owners. Most vans imported to Sri Lanka have mileage well in excess of 100,000 though the milometers tell a different story. The 2C and 3C engines are some of the finest old school diesel engines ever created. If you had the fortune of owning one from brand new, you would know this.

The Sorento is quite new. I would not comment on its durability. Lets have this discussion in another 10 years.

I know a couple of people who had/have the Townace, its a good vehicle with a 3C-T under the hood ;)

& i knw a person who is using one lotto model one second owner 450000 km on odo.still in mint condition.other than the running repairs i havent heard any major complaints from him yet.

• Like 1

The Sorento is quite new. I would not comment on its durability. Lets have this discussion in another 10 years.

Exactly!!

Now's the time to discuss the Ssyangyong Musso! Anyone even remember that??????

Exactly!!

Now's the time to discuss the Ssyangyong Musso! Anyone even remember that??????

The Musso was one of the very first attempts by a Korean automaker to make an upscale vehicle for markets like Europe, like most first time efforts by companies that were new to the business, it wasn't exactly very successful.. Comparing the Musso to a new Kia Sorrento, which is a vehicle that is doing extremely well for itself worldwide, is not a fair comparison on any level.

Comparing the Musso to a new Kia Sorrento, which is a vehicle that is doing extremely well for itself worldwide, is not a fair comparison on any level.

That .....only time will tell as Don too mentions

I remember the hyped up fanfare given when the Musso entered the market that it had MB tech and what not and was at that time running alongside the Pajero Intercooler model and in fact was quite popular like some of the other Korean models we see today. But 10-15 years and the Pajero Intercooler model is still very much alive and kicking, and the Musso............????? Not to mention the Terracan which was much newer and basically the Korean Pajero!!!!

I remember the hyped up fanfare given when the Musso entered the market that it had MB tech and what not and was at that time running alongside the Pajero Intercooler model and in fact was quite popular like some of the other Korean models we see today. But 10-15 years and the Pajero Intercooler model is still very much alive and kicking, and the Musso............????? Not to mention the Terracan which was much newer and basically the Korean Pajero!!!!

Sorento isnt a all new thing either, it has been in the market for 10 years now. INMO its very successful

Times have changed,

With the rise in the fuel bills the more fuel efficient Koreans may take the lead,

And unlike the Musso the new Korean SUVs Santafes and Sorrentos are pretty much refined,

Edited by Clark's son

Your vehicle was probably faulty due to high mileage and poor maintenance by previous owners. Most vans imported to Sri Lanka have mileage well in excess of 100,000 though the milometers tell a different story. The 2C and 3C engines are some of the finest old school diesel engines ever created. If you had the fortune of owning one from brand new, you would know this.

Agreed 100%. We had a 2C engine Townace(CR41) bought from indra t*** Peliyagoda and it had 80,000Kms in the meter when bought reconditioned and we used it for more than 5 years without any issue and it had more pickup than 3C engine townace (which we bought as 3rd owner). When we sold it it had more than 120,000Kms in the clock and was still mint as when we bought from the sale. Earlier there were no JAAI or such thing to examine when you buy vehicles. But now, some owners at least keep scanned copy of their JAAI for records.

. Earlier there were no JAAI or such thing to examine when you buy vehicles. But now, some owners at least keep scanned copy of their JAAI for records.

I don't think you are correct there.

All recon jap vehicles had some kind of an inspection before being shipped out of Japan. It was the Export (or Expert??) Inspection Certificate usually pasted on the front passenger window. It was a light-blue sticker with some japanese letter (or logo??) in white in the center, and on the reverse the details of the inspection were given in japanese. All recon vehicles that came to SL had this pasted even as far back 1981 when I can remember, and may have been there even before that.

Agreed 100%. We had a 2C engine Townace(CR41) bought from indra t*** Peliyagoda and it had 80,000Kms in the meter when bought reconditioned and we used it for more than 5 years without any issue and it had more pickup than 3C engine townace (which we bought as 3rd owner). When we sold it it had more than 120,000Kms in the clock and was still mint as when we bought from the sale. Earlier there were no JAAI or such thing to examine when you buy vehicles. But now, some owners at least keep scanned copy of their JAAI for records.

So you bought a CR41 with 80k and sold it FIVE years later with 120k?

40,000 kms in 5 years?

Cut the crap.

The CR41 has a five digit odometer that rolls over every 99,999. You probably bought it with a lot more miles than 80k and put in a lot more than 80k yourself and are now complaning about repairing it.

Edited by jdnet

I don't think you are correct there.

All recon jap vehicles had some kind of an inspection before being shipped out of Japan. It was the Export (or Expert??) Inspection Certificate usually pasted on the front passenger window. It was a light-blue sticker with some japanese letter (or logo??) in white in the center, and on the reverse the details of the inspection were given in japanese. All recon vehicles that came to SL had this pasted even as far back 1981 when I can remember, and may have been there even before that.

CJ5,

Japan never reconditioned vehicles to full extend. What recondition means during (1977) old days was to change battery set of tires and new paint only.

Certificate was necessary by Japanese law to export. Then later S L government did not allow to import vehicles more than 10 years .

At present can ship a vehicle with out reconditioning. S L government insists a certificate of vehicle condition by a authority, age also much less.

I have imported hundred of vehicles with that condition. Some T120 V Mitsubishi Delica vans did have problems like differential hum engine missing.

I had few Diesel engine vehicles with clutch problems, Glasses damaged. Most exporters used to be honest. Oblige my genuine requests always.

Cars did not have any problems. Motor cycles were very cheap certificate was not necessary. C90 honda landing cost was 3500.00 Rupees.

As soon as I complain to the exporter. He immediately ship one used engine differential set complete in inside a another vehicle import what I do.

That takes two months. What I do is to repair same and sell the vehicle. Whenever I visit Japan I used to ship one vehicle as it is.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• Like 1

CJ5,

Japan never reconditioned vehicles to full extend. What recondition means during (1977) old days was to change battery set of tires and new paint only.

I don't know what process involved the "reconditioning" , but what I know is that there were only two categories of vehicles being imported from Japan, and they were "brand new" or "reconditioned" vehicles (and those terms are still used today). All "reconditioned" vehicles even as far back as 1981 had this Export Inspection Certificate and even the last reconditioned vehicle I bought in 1994 had this certificate, suggesting that reconditioned vehicles did go through some form of examination by an authority prior to being exported from Japan, contrary to what "dpbatagoda" had mentioned that there was "no JAAI or such thing to examine when you buy vehicles". As to what covered the examination of a vehicle to become eligible for the Export Inspection Certificate then and what covers the examination by JAAI now I do not know, but the fact is that vehicles were examined then and even now.

CJ5,

I do not want to give false information on the above subject. Because I was in out Japan from 1975 onwards continuously till 1988.

When 1977 last three later regime gained power they liberalized the imports to OGL. Then Ceylon had a starved vehicle market at that time.

Most big time importers existing to day due to that move by that government. I had imported commercial vehicles on CRA before 1977 from west.

There was no demand for Japanese vehicles at that time. Last regime 1962 to 1977. made way to curtain come down on all western Vehicle importers.

All most all British very well established, closed due to dearth of new vehicle imports. Now new automobile companies existing with new vehicle imports.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Dear All,

Planning to buy micro Rexton. ( Budget around 5.ml)

I would like to know about reliability , maintenance cost and fuel consumption other pros and cons....

Appreciate comments from Rexton users and experts.

You can save 1.5 M of your budget. :)

Micro Rexton is not that much expensive now. (Seems it doesn’t have much secondhand market)

Last week I bought one for just 3.4 M from a consultant Doctor (vehicle permit obtained in 2008) in very good body condition.

Actually it has good common rail engine 2.7 XDi variable turbo triptronic gears under licensed by Mercedes. (5 cylinder )

Engine is bit noisy. (millage: 59000km)

Body whistle that's evident around the driver's door above 80km/h. (also tyre noise even I have good Japanese set)

My one also has an injector problem and company ask LKR 30 000 to fix it.

Dash board is very cheap looking due to the Plastic graphite finish.

Sun visors always getting down. (need couple of cardboard pieces to put it in the correct position)

Steering is very smooth even you forget that you are driving a large size SUV.

Overall it’s good vehicle but do not wish to keep more than 1 year coz its almost 6 years old Korean make.

Most of the consultant doctors who bought Rextons in 2008 & 2009 for their vehicle permit are now selling; due to upgrade their vehicles with new Permits

Lot of Rextons already bought by Car sale owners and B&S PPL from those doctors for cheap rates and now advertising to sell around 4.6M to 5M :) don’t get caught.

You can save 1.5 M of your budget. :)

Micro Rexton is not that much expensive now. (Seems it doesn’t have much secondhand market)

Last week I bought one for just 3.4 M from a consultant Doctor (vehicle permit obtained in 2008) in very good body condition.

Actually it has good common rail engine 2.7 XDi variable turbo triptronic gears under licensed by Mercedes. (5 cylinder )

Engine is bit noisy. (millage: 59000km)

Body whistle that's evident around the driver's door above 80km/h. (also tyre noise even I have good Japanese set)

My one also has an injector problem and company ask LKR 30 000 to fix it.

Dash board is very cheap looking due to the Plastic graphite finish.

Sun visors always getting down. (need couple of cardboard pieces to put it in the correct position)

Steering is very smooth even you forget that you are driving a large size SUV.

Overall it’s good vehicle but do not wish to keep more than 1 year coz its almost 6 years old Korean make.

Most of the consultant doctors who bought Rextons in 2008 & 2009 for their vehicle permit are now selling; due to upgrade their vehicles with new Permits

Lot of Rextons already bought by Car sale owners and B&S PPL from those doctors for cheap rates and now advertising to sell around 4.6M to 5M :) don’t get caught.

did you buy it from a doctor who lives in chilaw ( he is a fake consultant) and is it white in colour ?

if yes, i think you will face lot of troubles in near future.

one of my friend was also looking for a rexton but he never found one for that price other than the vehicle i ve mentioned, ( the one in chilaw)

did you buy it from a doctor who lives in chilaw ( he is a fake consultant) and is it white in colour ?

one of my friend was also looking for a rexton but he never found one for that price other than the vehicle i ve mentioned, ( the one in chilaw)

No dude, this is from Rathnapura and it’s a Black unit.

Who's that fake consultant?