• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Japanese Car News

Magnum

I admit that these pictures are a bit old, but they were the ones I found with this news.

Is that so iRage? If the front is gonna be based on Furia's concept, that would look great.

So..the facelift Corolla is finally shown to the world...I actually like the current Corolla's looks..much better than the Axio...just don't like it at the price TL is asking :D The facelift/update is also apparently in line with the Corolla's 50th Anniversary.

20160325-10241640-carview-000-2-view.jpg20160325-10241640-carview-001-2-view.jpg20160325-10241640-carview-002-2-view.jpg

2017-Toyota-Corolla-50th-PLACEMENT-626x32017-Toyota-Corolla-50th-INLINE1.jpg

Edited by iRage
  • Like 1

So..the facelift Corolla is finally shown to the world...I actually like the current Corolla's looks..much better than the Axio...just don't like it at the price TL is asking :D The facelift/update is also apparently in line with the Corolla's 50th Anniversary.

20160325-10241640-carview-000-2-view.jpg20160325-10241640-carview-001-2-view.jpg20160325-10241640-carview-002-2-view.jpg

That looks waay better than the current axio. Btw whats the price of TL?

[img=http://amd.c.yimg.jp/amd/20160325-10241640-carview-000-2-view.jpg]20160325-10241640-carview-001-2-view.jpg20160325-10241640-carview-002-2-view.jpg

[img=http://blog.caranddriver.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/2017-Toyota-Corolla-50th-PLACEMENT-626x382.jpg]2017-Toyota-Corolla-50th-INLINE1.jpg

That looks way better than the 165 axio.

That looks waay better than the current axio. Btw whats the price of TL?

In 2015 before the budget I got an estimation for 5 million rupees . It's the preface lift 170.

This is what I received from TL on Corolla 170 (pre-facelift). I repeat this was 2015 before the budget.

:sad-smiley-067:

PRICE LIST
IMPORTATION OF MOTOR VEHICLE ON CONCESSIONARY PERMIT
TOYOTA COROLLA SEDAN - GLI
MODEL : ZRE171R-GEPNK
ENGINE/TYPE : 1598CC-PETROL-DUAL VVT-i (EFI), 1ZR-FE
MAX POWER : Kw 90 (122/6000)
MAX TORQUE : Nm 154 (15.7)/5200 RPM
TRANSMISSION : AUTOMATIC 4-FORWARD
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN : THAILAND
SAFETY
Front Seat Belt 3PELR X2 + D, P PT&FL
Rear Seat Belt 3ELR-ALR X3 + 2P NR X1
Front & Rear Head Rest Fabric
ABS (W/BA)
Child Protection Lock
Vehicle Stability Control
EBD
High Mount Stop Lamp (LED
Impact Absorbing Body
Head Impact Protection Structure
Airbags – D + P + Side + Curtain + Driver Knee
Anti-Theft System with Immobilizer
INTERIOR
Aux + USB
Air Conditioner - Auto
Clock Digital
Steering Wheel - 3-Spoke Leather
Seat Material- Fabric Hi
Luggage Room Lamp
Luggage & Back Door Opener (electric type)
Speedometer – Optitron
Tachometer
Sun Visor (D & P : Mirror)
Rear Window Defogger
Assist Grips (Front 2, Rear 2)
Cup Holder – FR 2
Power Windows with one touch up/down (D)
Economy Meter
Mike & Mike amplifier (Hands Free+ voice recur)
Seat Vertical Adjuster
Power Steering – Electronic (tilt & telescopic)
Inner Mirror-Day & Night
Front Personal Lamp + Microphone+ Storage
Fuel Lid Opener
Door Pocket- (Driver, Passenger & Rear)
Door Trim (Fabric Hi)
Rear Arm Rest + Cup Holder
Owners Manual
AM/FM CD with 6 Spks. w/BT
Rear Seat , 60:40 Split Folding
Console box with Lid (Fabric)
Door Inside Handle – Interior Colour
Shift Lever & Knob (Leather+Silver)
Steering Mounted Controls (Multi Function)
Multi Information Display
Accessory Connector Socket
Power Door Locks (Wireless)
EXTERIOR
Tire & Disc Wheel 195/65R15 with Alloy Wheel
Windshield Glass-Green Laminated
Out Side Rear View Mirror - Door 2, -Retractable,
Body Color
Body Rust Protection
Front Grill - Plated
Central Locking with Remote Key +Panic Alarm
Head Lamp-4 Halogen with aiming
Intermittent Wipers (Time Adjustment)
Fuel Tank Capacity 55L
Polypropylene Color Bumpers
Door Out Side Handle-Body Colour
Flat Horn (Heavy duty type 2)
Front Fog & Driving Lamps
CIF SL US$ 21,000 (Per Unit) Estimated CIF Rs. 2,835,000.00
Conversion rate (US$ 1=SL Rs. 135) Estimated Duty Rs. 1,956,150.00
Local Charges (Inclusive of VAT 11%) Rs. 300,000.00
Estimated Total Cost Rs. 5,091,150.00
PLEASE NOTE : The above duty calculation is only for your reference and subject to change according to the revisions in the concessionary duty
structure and fluctuations in the exchange rates.
Like the Mazda 3 we get through agents, Corolla we can order through TL misses Xennon HID projector lamps with LED Daytime running lamps.
Xennon HID projector lamps with LED Daytime running lamp
slide_show_2014_Toyota_Corolla_Headlight
Normal Halogen lamp (we get through TL)
108514433_2_1000x700_2016-latest-toyota-

Â

2016 should be close to 6m now. Also its missing out Safety Sense C system.

Most probably it should be close to 6M.

I don't know whether it comes without Toyota's Safety Sense C for sure. Should call and ask from TL sometime :D

But this one is quite spacious and good looking than the Axio .

Most probably it should be close to 6M.

I don't know whether it comes without Toyota's Safety Sense C for sure. Should call and ask from TL sometime :D

But this one is quite spacious and good looking than the Axio .

Supra_Natural should have a more recent quote. He mentioned something in the upper 6m range...almost nearing 7. At that price you might as well go for a Mazda 6.

What is the word out there in Japan about the Mark X ?

The current model is 7 yrs old from 2009 with a facelift in 2012 which is longer than normal upgrade cycle for a toyota.

Well...for the last few years (since the Camry went Hybrid for the most part and even more so after the entier Crown line-up went Hybrid) Toyota was reporting that the Mark X sales were dropping because there was no Hybrid option. Thus, speculation (+ rumor mill) was that the next gen Mark X will go hybrid (which is not necessarily a bad thing as the Crown Hybrid is actually not a bad lethargic car like the Prius).

Then the auto gossip magazines started putting out some renderings based on some concept that was apparently "leaked" from somewhere...so nothing solid about the actual design (yet alone the Mark X's existence)

WS0000092.jpg189.jpg

Well...for the last few years (since the Camry went Hybrid for the most part and even more so after the entier Crown line-up went Hybrid) Toyota was reporting that the Mark X sales were dropping because there was no Hybrid option. Thus, speculation (+ rumor mill) was that the next gen Mark X will go hybrid (which is not necessarily a bad thing as the Crown Hybrid is actually not a bad lethargic car like the Prius).

Then the auto gossip magazines started putting out some renderings based on some concept that was apparently "leaked" from somewhere...so nothing solid about the actual design (yet alone the Mark X's existence)

[img=http://xn--ols92r56ds35c.tokyo/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/WS0000092.jpg]189.jpg

Wow, that's dope.

• 2 weeks later...

So Mitsubishi is in trouble in Japan.

They have been caught fabricating fuel consumption figures of their Kei cars ! The actual test figures are apparently have a 10%20% deviation fro what Mitsubishi claims.

The false data surrounds the fuel economy of the eK series of Kei cars which is the same as the Nissan Dayz range. Now this is what is interesting....

So Nissan did its own fuel economy test as part of its due diligence and got a varaiance of 10% on average. When Nissan went to Mitsubishi about it apparently the Mitsu engineers claimed it was due to differences in tires and added equipment and lied to them. Word has it that the engineers took the base Nissan models reverse "badged" it to be a Mitsu and showed new test results which were as what Mitsubishi claimed originally.

Edited by iRage

saw in the toyota japan site that there is now a hybrid version of the Auris.

Is that coming with Gen 3 Technology or the newer Gen 4 ?

On the same topic is the new prius offered with Li-Ion battery in japan ?

Edited by B2Spirit

saw in the toyota japan site that there is now a hybrid version of the Auris.

Is that coming with Gen 3 Technology or the newer Gen 4 ?

On the same topic is the new prius offered with Li-Ion battery in japan ?

The Auris has been coming in Hybrid form for sometime now. In fact since the last model. It just wasn't sold in Japan. When the current version of the Auris Hybrid was introduced in the export markets it probably used the 3rd Gen HSD system as the 4th gen was not comepleted at the time. I am not sure if Toyota has done an update all-around now or whether it is still continuing with the 3rd gen.

Edited by iRage

Mazda showcased its newest SUV (or CUV) the CX-4. It will be available in either a 2L or 2.5L SkyActive engine with possibly a diesel variant in some markets. It will apparently have a 6 speed AT or MT transmission. So far only a 2.5L AWD variant is in the plans.

I don't know...with 5 and the 3 this just seems a bit "samething only different" to me...giving as much excitement as a chilled cucumber.

20160425-20102817-carview-000-8-view.jpg20160425-20102817-carview-007-8-view.jpg20160425-20102817-carview-011-8-view.jpg

Toyota will be introducing a Plug in Hybrid variant of its export model Corolla for the Chinese market. Both the standard and Levin sedans will get the Hybrid treatment. The production of the entire Hybrid car will be done in China (for the first time ? sorry I didn't read the whole article). Production will start in 2018 as a new production facility needs to be developed.

20160425-10243485-carview-000-1-view.jpg20160425-10243485-carview-003-1-view.jpg20160425-10243485-carview-005-1-view.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Fuel Cell Vehicles:

When I was in Tokyo last month I saw 8 Toyota Mirai's on the road. Went for a test drive but there was a waiting list of 2 days at Toyota MegaWeb and there is a delivery waiting list of 8 months !

Finally, Honda joins the club and starts leases for the Clarity....ranted only to govt and other select agencies (which is what Toyota did to start off as well)

http://carview.yahoo.co.jp/article/testdrive/20160516-20102835-carview/?top=pc