carson

Help With My New Cs3

361 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, nagaya said:

hi guys,

I got a fog lamp kit from china,

do we need to remove the buffer altogether to install for lamps? can't find any way to remove current plastic casing and install fog lamps with new casing :(

original casing is like this in the buffer:empty.thumb.jpg.a3546bcb1776b2e31b7d90fc543e012e.jpg

Yes, you will have to take the bumper off to make the job easier. The electrics have to be connected as well and the lines need to go to a connector near the horn, so if you have the bumper out, it will make your life much easier.

You can however access the back of the fog light assembly without removing the bumper, for purposes like replacing fog lamp bulbs. All you need to do is push up the black plastic cover sitting horizontally between the back of the bumper and the front of the wheel arch. 

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, Davy said:

Yes, you will have to take the bumper off to make the job easier. The electrics have to be connected as well and the lines need to go to a connector near the horn, so if you have the bumper out, it will make your life much easier.

You can however access the back of the fog light assembly without removing the bumper, for purposes like replacing fog lamp bulbs. All you need to do is push up the black plastic cover sitting horizontally between the back of the bumper and the front of the wheel arch. 

Thanks a lot Davy, I will give a try. :)

I'm thinking to increase engineer performance of my CS3 2008. What kind of thing possipossible? Can we install turbo charger

11 hours ago, vidura said:

I'm thinking to increase engineer performance of my CS3 2008. What kind of thing possipossible? Can we install turbo charger

The Lancer and and Evolution share the same chassis with minor differences. So, the possibilities are endless. Depending on how much you're willing to spend, you can do a simple drop in air filter to a complete 4G63T swap. What's your budget like?

Yes, you can install a turbo and in fact I think there were direct bolt-on kits available for the 4G18 engine. Do a bit of reading online. Even if you're unable to find a kit, you should be able to source an Evo 7 to 9 turbo, do some fabrication work on your exhaust manifold, install a reasonably sized intercooler and you should be good to go. Whether it's worth doing - well that's up to you.

Than you for speed and valuable comments.

I have no big budget (around 1lak) but  like to do some modification step bu step .

If i set air filter who much performance gain i can get?

And any recommended place to do those things?

and how it affect to fuel consumption >

Along with a free flow air filter, may I recommend iri plugs, a set will nicely compliment your addition.

When I check about 4G18 turbo sometime back online, mostly I found that compression with turbo will be too high for engine head in 4G18, also most of the people don't have 4G18 as it is only available for certain markets. I think it will be easier to swap the engine, May be 4G63T from Evo or some other engine from CS5 or CS9 if it is cheaper.

thank you for all the valuable comments.

I also done some search and seems  to be it is expansive change as well as lots of things to think/change.

So i gave up that idea and best thing is to buy a one which  come with turbo..

Hi

Happy new year for all...

I have one question. My car is 110000km done, Im getting some sounds on the road (walawal wala watenekota)  I have feeling it comes from suspensions. is their any place to check the  suspensions and also the reason of sound?

On 4/18/2017 at 9:03 AM, vidura said:

Hi

Happy new year for all...

I have one question. My car is 110000km done, Im getting some sounds on the road (walawal wala watenekota)  I have feeling it comes from suspensions. is their any place to check the  suspensions and also the reason of sound?

Most probably its coming from the bushes, when was the last time you changed the bushes ? Also is there any sway wobbly feeling coming ?

Any garage with a hydraulic lift can handle the job, all you need to do is put it up and inspect for any play and visual signs of degradation.

thnx for the comment, I never changes them. I will check with may garage in Kolonnaw.

Any qualified (mitsubishi) garage around kolonnawa