• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Help With My New Cs3

carson

The hardboard cover is an easy job since you already have the original with you. I doubt you'll be able to find a repalcement so the best bet is to get a new one redone as trinity and Komi have already stated. If you buy the board, you can just place the damaged board over the new board, draw the outline and cut it yourself using a blade. The fine curves can be shaped up by using a file.

As for the window molding trim, I checked with UniMo last year because one of mine is also slightly dented and their price was 11,000LKR. Front and rear prices were pretty much the same. What's the exact condition of the trim... is it dented or twisted to an extent where it sticks out of the door (and probably scraping the window)? If it's a small ding, you can get it straightened out because the molding is actually a strip of metal covered with a rubber overlay. If you're worried just because the rubber overlay is discoloured, you can easily use some conditioner and polish to get it to look like new. I checked with Mahinda for the parts and he had a few doors with him with the trim mounted, but was not willing to remove them and give 'em to me separately.

Check with Eur0N!pp0n or US C@r P@rts for the antenna. If your car has the type that is mounted close to the driver's side door on the A pillar, then I think I remember trinity saying that guys at Eur0N!pp0n quoted him 3000LKR or so for the antenna. If it's the centre roof mounted type (which was the most common on the facelift), then you might have to do some checking around in the above places.

Thanx alot guys, Could you give me contact details of Mitsu Mahinda, Euronippon and US car parts, because I not in or around Colombo.

And Davy, I think I should try your suggestion about the hard board and the widow molding trims are only dented without affecting the shutter and the antenna is a center-rear one, which I hope will be available in colombo.

I got all the basic repairs completed plus all oil replacements plus got two new tires etc,, etc for 80K which I think is very reasonable.

will upload some pics.

Edited by carson

Yes like komi said Google them..

Mahinda 0714 762223 here I have us auto wadduwa numbers 0772 282238 038 2284444

Glad that u got repairs done.. share the prices machan... that way we can have an updated details on the subject,,,

On a side note, i really like the way this thread is building up... very informative on the subject and no OT....

Hi guys,

I tried searching the net for a service manual for the car but couldn't. I saw some links in this forum but was not able to download them.

Does anybody have a copy of one or know a place where I can find one.

It's shared already in This Post in the thread named "Lancer Service Manuals Available Here"

Hi All

this is my first post in AL

i brought CS3 last month for 23.4 laks

it is 2007 brand new and 76000km in clock. and maintained from un*mo from the day one.

this is my first lancer

I have some questions regarding this

1. when i check manual they said we need to use petrol 95 or higher for this engine (CS3 4G18) but previous guy pumped 93. So is in need to pump 95? is 90 make any harm?
  2. when i check the fuel consumption it do 9-10 in city (with economical driving) for 95 petrol. Is it normal or should it do more? some guys said this should do 10-12 in city.
  3. last tuneup done on 34000km on 2010 so it is time to do the tuneup. when i check the agent they told tuneup cost around 24000/= also said to replace fuel filter cost around 29000/=. Any good place to do tuneup other that agent in reasonable price? or any uni**o guy doing repairs in out side? when i check cl**n pa*k they told they will do tuneup for 5000 with throttle body clean + run engine with 3M fuel system cleaner. No injector will remove and clean. Will it be good tuneup?

Sorry for the lots of question but really appreciate expert ideas about these.

• Like 1

Hi All

this is my first post in AL

i brought CS3 last month for 23.4 laks

it is 2007 brand new and 76000km in clock. and maintained from un*mo from the day one.

this is my first lancer

I have some questions regarding this

1. when i check manual they said we need to use petrol 95 or higher for this engine (CS3 4G18) but previous guy pumped 93. So is in need to pump 95? is 90 make any harm?
  2. when i check the fuel consumption it do 9-10 in city (with economical driving) for 95 petrol. Is it normal or should it do more? some guys said this should do 10-12 in city.
  3. last tuneup done on 34000km on 2010 so it is time to do the tuneup. when i check the agent they told tuneup cost around 24000/= also said to replace fuel filter cost around 29000/=. Any good place to do tuneup other that agent in reasonable price? or any uni**o guy doing repairs in out side? when i check cl**n pa*k they told they will do tuneup for 5000 with throttle body clean + run engine with 3M fuel system cleaner. No injector will remove and clean. Will it be good tuneup?

Sorry for the lots of question but really appreciate expert ideas about these.

Welcome to the forum!

1. I'm not sure about the facelift CS3, but my owner's manual (2001 CS3A with a 4G18) says 91 octane or above, so I pump 95. If your manual says use 95 and if you love your car, just use 95. The few extra bucks you pay now will save you a couple of thousand bucks in the future.

2. If you put your foot down or if you're sitting in traffic for extensive periods of time, then I expect it to go down to a minimum of 10km/l and it's highly unlikely that it goes below that. On average, it should do between 10 and 12 in the city. Mine is generally between 11 and 12 km/l.

3. Looks like your car needs a tune-up urgently. Over 40,000km without a tuneup is a pretty long time. Since this is the first time that you're doing a tune-up on the car, I suggest you replace the air filter, spark plugs and give it a good injector and throttle body cleanup. I personally don't like fuel system cleaners. I'd rather have the injectors taken off and cleaned and I suggest you do the same. There are plenty of places outside where you can get the full tuneup done for under 10,000LKR. Try A$NU at Koswatta or N@l@k@a Wheel Alignment Centre Hyde Park (both places have ultrasonic injector cleaning equipment).

Hope this helps.

Wow, i think I'm lucky simply because I have joined such an intimate comunity. Thanx guys.

This car has dual air bags, alloys and power shutters but no CD changer.

To be more presise, with the owner's consent, I have taken the car to a well reputed automobile repaire/maintainance yard in town (not the local bass or the Unimo) where they put it up the Hoist, did a computer scanning, plus a test drive by an expert etc., and suggested the following,

1. Replace some suspension parts (certain bushes and the front shocks)

2. replace alternator bearing and brushes as there is a sound comming from the rasor

3. an engine tuneup (air cleaner seems OK)

4. Clutch replacement, proberbly in about 15,000Km

5. front tires Ok, back tires can do about 10,000Km

6. some adjustment in the brake pads as there is a lateral vibration felt when brakes applied on carpet road at avg speed, which they said will cost around 2500/=

The timing belt had been replaced at 92000Km by Unimo - details available

The body, interior and undersurface is Ok. No tell-tale signs of major accidents.

And please note that this place is the best place in town which also includes the rates!

And thats about it. Should I still feel lucky?

Hi

Form where u did this checkup? How is the cost? Will they do the tuneup and other stuff?

Welcome to the forum!

1. I'm not sure about the facelift CS3, but my owner's manual (2001 CS3A with a 4G18) says 91 octane or above, so I pump 95. If your manual says use 95 and if you love your car, just use 95. The few extra bucks you pay now will save you a couple of thousand bucks in the future.

2. If you put your foot down or if you're sitting in traffic for extensive periods of time, then I expect it to go down to a minimum of 10km/l and it's highly unlikely that it goes below that. On average, it should do between 10 and 12 in the city. Mine is generally between 11 and 12 km/l.

3. Looks like your car needs a tune-up urgently. Over 40,000km without a tuneup is a pretty long time. Since this is the first time that you're doing a tune-up on the car, I suggest you replace the air filter, spark plugs and give it a good injector and throttle body cleanup. I personally don't like fuel system cleaners. I'd rather have the injectors taken off and cleaned and I suggest you do the same. There are plenty of places outside where you can get the full tuneup done for under 10,000LKR. Try A$NU at Koswatta or N@l@k@a Wheel Alignment Centre Hyde Park (both places have ultrasonic injector cleaning equipment).

Hope this helps.

thnx for the quick reply.

i will try the N@l@k@a Wheel Alignment Center because it is near to me. So did u done any services from them? are they good for engine tuneups? seems to be prices are reasonable . I will make a visit today evening :)

thnx for the quick reply.

i will try the N@l@k@a Wheel Alignment Center because it is near to me. So did u done any services from them? are they good for engine tuneups? seems to be prices are reasonable . I will make a visit today evening :)

Yes, I have been there once (I did my last tuneup there) and I'm happy with it. The guy who worked on my car was a chap named Kapila (I think he's the only guy who does all EFI tuneups there). Competent fellow. Let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Welcome to the forum!

in my manual it says if the vehicle has catalytic converter and engine capacity 1600 then use 95 or higher. Anyway im planing to pump 95 to my care. But i pumped 93 today bec 95 is not available on the petrol shed today morning.

any diff between ceypetco95 and IOC 95? but their prices are diff ceypetco = 170 IOC=171. which one is better?

in my manual it says if the vehicle has catalytic converter and engine capacity 1600 then use 95 or higher. Anyway im planing to pump 95 to my care. But i pumped 93 today bec 95 is not available on the petrol shed today morning.

any diff between ceypetco95 and IOC 95? but their prices are diff ceypetco = 170 IOC=171. which one is better?

I have used IOC and Ceypetco 95 ocatane alternatively and I've not come across a situation where I came to believe that one is better than the other. But I use IOC mostly because the closest fuel station to my residence is IOC operated. I'm not exactly sure why the prices are different, maybe another member can answer that for you.

Hi,

Im getting acquainted with my new lady, little by little. :smilie_liebe9:

I drove around and everything is OK, except for a few 'ciri-ciri' noises and some metalic noises heard from the underside. Handling, pickup and comfort is very satisfactory.

Edited by carson

Yes, I have been there once (I did my last tuneup there) and I'm happy with it. The guy who worked on my car was a chap named Kapila (I think he's the only guy who does all EFI tuneups there). Competent fellow. Let us know how it goes. Good luck!

I went to meet him yesterday and he asked to come after 1st January since most of the people are on new year leave. He told it will cost around 4800/= seems to be a good price with compare to Agent + other places. So planing to go their after 1st January. Hope that place and people are good enough for this job :).

Davy

did u replace the fuel filter in your car? company says to change in every 60000KM. Is it necessary to replace on that time. Or is their any way to identify the time that need to replace the filter? Cant we clean it and use?

A friend of mine works at LIOC in a senior managerial position. According to him,

IOC Octane 90 is same as Ceypetco Octane 90

IOC Octane 95 (XtraPremium I think) is same as Ceypetco Octane 95 but IOC adds some additives to it (apparently to clean injectors and stuff)

IOC Euro III is directly imported from India and is allegedly the cleanest possible petrol u can find it Sri Lanka. It's octane 91.

He pumps Euro III to his European car :)

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum!

Hope this helps.

i gave a call to A$NU at Koswatta and the guy that asnswerd to the 4n gave me good instructions reagrdting the engine tuneup. Seems to be they have good equipmnets to do that. As they said they are the local agent for ASNU brands. http://www.asnu.com/

According to him engine tuneup covers

1. injector testing
  2. injector cleanup with ultrasonic machine
  3. again injector testing
  4. throttle body clean
  5. airflow senses check
  6. spark plug check

They charge 5500/= for that.

Seems to be they dedicated for the engine tuneup. No idea whether other places do the Injector testing they just cleanup using ultrasonic machine.

I'm planing to have visit their too.

SO any one has experience with A$NU place?

i gave a call to A$NU at Koswatta and the guy that asnswerd to the 4n gave me good instructions reagrdting the engine tuneup. Seems to be they have good equipmnets to do that. As they said they are the local agent for ASNU brands. http://www.asnu.com/

According to him engine tuneup covers

1. injector testing
  2. injector cleanup with ultrasonic machine
  3. again injector testing
  4. throttle body clean
  5. airflow senses check
  6. spark plug check

They charge 5500/= for that.

Seems to be they dedicated for the engine tuneup. No idea whether other places do the Injector testing they just cleanup using ultrasonic machine.

I'm planing to have visit their too.

SO any one has experience with A$NU place?

yeah, i am satisfied about their job.

i had to replace 2 injector o-rings , cost was 6700/= or something for the tuneup + o- rings

+1 for Asnu. I too, am one of their happy customers.

BTW they don't remove the injectors. You have to get it removed from the garage nearby, unless you remove it yourself and take it.

WHen you remove injectors, you may have to replace their O-rings.

All these will cost you so keep around 8000 in hand.

Hi guys, im in urgent need of an opinion regarding the clutch unit.

I went to the Unimo today and they suggested that I replace the clutch unit. The genuine prices are as follows,

disk - 14174.00

cover - 19850.00

release bearing - 10405.00

srankshaft oil seal - 5034.00, total 49463.00 and labour - 7920.00

But my non-Un*mo guys say that there are two well known japanies non genuine clutch units, commonly used to replace. This is said to cost about 30K totally.

My probs are 1. is it necessory to replace the whole clutch unit at once

2. does anybody have experience with the non genuine unit. How is the functionality and durability. (one Un*M* guy said that you can get a vibration felt when entering a gear if you replace with a nongenuine clutch)

Edited by carson

+1 for Asnu. I too, am one of their happy customers.

BTW they don't remove the injectors. You have to get it removed from the garage nearby, unless you remove it yourself and take it.

WHen you remove injectors, you may have to replace their O-rings.

All these will cost you so keep around 8000 in hand.

They don't remove injectors???

But when i called they told that they also clean the throttle body ,air flow sensor and plugs.

SO those things do by another garage?

I though they do all of the things.

Only thing he told is they don't have plugs for sale so we need to buy it from another place.

Did u do the tuneup recently ?

Hi guys, im in urgent need of an opinion regarding the clutch unit.

I went to the Unimo today and they suggested that I replace the clutch unit. The genuine prices are as follows,

disk - 14174.00

cover - 19850.00

release bearing - 10405.00

srankshaft oil seal - 5034.00, total 49463.00 and labour - 7920.00

But my non-Un*mo guys say that there are two well known japanies non genuine clutch units, commonly used to replace. This is said to cost about 30K totally.

My probs are 1. is it necessory to replace the whole clutch unit at once

2. does anybody have experience with the non genuine unit. How is the functionality and durability.

Well do get it checked before you do any replacements. I think Trinity said the release bearing can only be bought from the agents. The rest of the items are available in the local market. As long as you get good quality items (like Exedy for clutch) you should get a few years sevice out of them.

There are chances you can get away just replacing the clutch and release bearing, but if the pressure plate is marked you will need to replace that too.