• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

The Great Battle - Suzuki Sx4 Sedan Vs. Mitsubishi Lancer Ex 1.6

Jor-el

Question

Fellow Members,

My father is gonna buy a vehicle for his permit - he had already made his mind to buy a Misubishi but I saw this brochure yesterday and we're having second thoughts.

Please, can you folks help us to make a decision?

Your help will be much appreciated.

Suzuki SX4 ( Japanese )

Imported By A*W

Price Tag : 3.5mill

S/R : Comes with original Bodykit :o

Mitsubishi Lancer EX 1.6 GLX

Imported by U*ited Motors

Price Tag : 3.5 Mil

We were to order a mitsu next monday, but I feel I cant make my mind after seeing this.

If you were in our situation, what would you do ???

Suzuki SX4 Specifications :

ouxn.jpg

Lancer EX Specifications :gfv0.png

Thank you for your support.

24 answers to this question

Never driven a SX4 sedan, but I always thought the Lancer was slightly larger (physically) than the SX4. Seems like deep in your heart y'all had the Mitsu all along and now the mind is taking over with all the other factors (typical love anxiety ne ?). So why not go with what your heart told you the first time around ?

Edited by iRage

So sedan wasnt designed by Giugiaro ?

Among these two vehicles what would you rather choose crosswind?

Europeans love hatchbacks but asians don't. So Suzuki decided to chop off the back of the car to create a sedan. That's a normal procedure with vehicle manufacturers. That's why the sedan looks a bit weird.

I honestly don't think there is any difference in fuel efficiency, reliability or resale value of the two. They are both good cars. You have a minor advantage with the SX4 because it's also made in India. So you may be able to source parts for cheaper.

Edited by Crosswind

Never driven a SX4 sedan, but I always thought the Lancer was slightly larger (physically) than the SX4. Seems like deep in your heart y'all had the Mitsu all along and now the mind is taking over with all the other factors (typical love anxiety ne ?). So why not go with what your heart told you the first time around ?

Although i have never been or driven a SX4, i do own the predecessor of the SX4, the Aerio(Liana),

These are really good cars but the aerio does suffer in poor interior quality, But space and everything else is briliant for a car this size.

So i am asuming on space front the SX4 will be par with the lancer EX

That said, based on looks i would go with a Lancer, as much as i love suzuki cars The SX4 looks a bit retarted.

@Jor-el, I think your father has made the correct decision. Without considering any other factor's, purely based on the looks i would definitely go for the EX. That SX4 really doesn't look OK with the body kit. With it's roundish, more conventional body shape (Uncle-ish in my terms ;) ), a body kit really doesn't go well with it. Just compare the two rear sides. Ex looks way more sexier even without the body kit.

As some of the others have mentioned, i also don't think there will be much of a difference in fuel efficiency, reliability or resale value of the two. But the EX might give you a more sportier experience.

Edited by LashNeo

Go for Lancer.

I have used Suzuki sx4 and below are by observations:

Suzuki sx4

Pros:

1. shocks and ridding is not smooth as other Japaneese cars

2. difficult to sell when compared to other Japanese cars.

Cons:

Very good leg space.

ehhh You forgot how to English

Edited by Schiffer

If I were you I'd got for the Lancer. The SX4 sedan does not appeal to me body kit or not. The Lancer just looks good without the body kit! :wub:

I'm sure there would be others who have different opinions. Its just a matter of appeal I guess.

The SX4 hatchback... well... that's a different thing altogether. If you have the choice to go for the hatch, then its a worthy opponent to compare with the Lancer.

I don't think you can compare the SX4 with a Lancer. They are just different beasts. One is made by a manufacturer owned by GM and their focus is making small economical cars. The other is a car with serious pedigree and offers one of the best ride quality in its class (I mean Japanese mid size sedans here).

The SX4 is a good car, don't get me wrong. And so is the Swift and there are a number of cars that are not imported to SL. But if you want a sedan, buy the Lancer. Also if you want a manual the agents will happily import you one and it will cost less, because the automatic has extra taxes levied on it. But the Sri Lankan market seem to prefer automatics and your father might appreciate it if he drives every day.

If I am not mistaken, SX4 sedan is made in India. I do not trust the Indian made vehicles to deliver long term peace of mind.

If I were you, I would test drive the both models thoroughly before making any decision.

Choose the model you feel which gives you most value for money. If you are buying the car to sell it then buy a Toyota if not do not worry selling the car (you are buying the car at 2/3 the quoted price anyway) and make the choice which will make you happy.

For me its Lancer Ex all the way.