• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Digital Camera Photography

Magnum

• 1 month later...
Have any one experienced Vignetting with Nikon 70-200 F2.8 VR II? I see some vignetting (See top left on sample pic).. Not sure bcos its the filter, but its Hoya HD2 which is comparatively a thin filter.. Anyone has same issue?

Sample Pic - https://www.flickr.com/photos/kasunmeegahapola/13182872785/

KMeeg..

Did u try googling about this issue?

Ya.. I've seen ppl say "heard it vignette but never seen. Better to use thin filter. " in some forums when I search in google. I checked sample images from pixel peeper and it was awesome did not notice vignette in those pics. The reviews i watched on youtube claimed that 24-70 has some vignette but not 70-200 (Watched videos from Digitalrev, That Nikon guy, etc..). That’s why 70-200 was selected with Hoya HD2 to protect the front element. But in reality the lens does not seem to be that 'awesome'..

Also I have set camera settings to Vignette control H on D610. Hope that is the right setting to use. (I just started photography as a hobby so don't know much about this things)..

Edited by kmeeg

Ya.. I've seen ppl say "heard it vignette but never seen. Better to use thin filter. " in some forums when I search in google. I checked sample images from pixel peeper and it was awesome did not notice vignette in those pics. The reviews i watched on youtube claimed that 24-70 has some vignette but not 70-200 (Watched videos from Digitalrev, That Nikon guy, etc..). That’s why 70-200 was selected with Hoya HD2 to protect the front element. But in reality the lens does not seem to be that 'awesome'..

Also I have set camera settings to Vignette control H on D610. Hope that is the right setting to use. (I just started photography as a hobby so don't know much about this things)..

Its not really a big issue, i wouldn't have noticed the vignette if u hadn't mentioned it

Ruslan - Whats your camera ban? Those pics are superb

Kmeeg - love those night photos man

Kmeeg - Thanks! Some of the photos were taken with my 60mm Macro. That can used as a portrait lens. And love those evening shots of yours. Superb!!

Schiffer - It's my old Canon 1000D machan. Entry level body but great for starters. Now using a 60D.

Edited by Ruslan

Nice, want my first DSRL to be a cannon as well.

Hi Schiffer,

I know i'm new to photography but hope this helps. The reason i started Nikon was it was cheap. I got my first camera Nikon D3200 + 18-55mm for just $399 (including shipping and tax). I don't think you can get a new stater Canon camera for this price. Also i bought my first Fullframe body Nikon D610 in Nov last year at $1800. And i did most of the family photos with Nikon 50mm 1.8g which only cost around $200.. I believe Fullframe Canon 6D would be around $2400.

What i wanted to tell was if you do photography as a hobby like me Nikon might be cheaper but might not be quality as Canon. But i'm not sure about it since i have not compared my self and what my Canon friends told me. (Just my thought and might be wrong).

Hope this helps..

Kmeeg.

Hi Schiffer,

I know i'm new to photography but hope this helps. The reason i started Nikon was it was cheap. I got my first camera Nikon D3200 + 18-55mm for just $399 (including shipping and tax). I don't think you can get a new stater Canon camera for this price. Also i bought my first Fullframe body Nikon D610 in Nov last year at $1800. And i did most of the family photos with Nikon 50mm 1.8g which only cost around $200.. I believe Fullframe Canon 6D would be around $2400.

What i wanted to tell was if you do photography as a hobby like me Nikon might be cheaper but might not be quality as Canon. But i'm not sure about it since i have not compared my self and what my Canon friends told me. (Just my thought and might be wrong).

Hope this helps..

Kmeeg.

Machan for me Cannon is more like brand loyalty. i use a Cannon FTb QL SLR

and i donno why, its something i cannot really explain since i donno much about photography but. i just find cannons are a bit better.

not that i hate nikon or any other brand. its just brand loyalty for me :)

and i donno why, its something i cannot really explain since i donno much about photography but. i just find cannons are a bit better.

Yes yes.. i agree Canon would be of good quality.. Just gave a cheaper option.. :)

Yes yes.. i agree Canon would be of good quality.. Just gave a cheaper option.. :)

actually it doesnt matter what you have if you know how to use it. for the time being i am happy with my phone cam (xperia sl).. :D and my little Sony W55

actually it doesnt matter what you have if you know how to use it. for the time being i am happy with my phone cam (xperia sl).. :D and my little Sony W55

Should open 'Photolanka' too to discuss this. I was recently arguing with my friends about Sony cameras too. On point and shoot cameras i believe Sony rx 100 ii is way over other point and shoot cameras. Also in DSLRs Sony is picking fast. Eg - Sony Alpha A99 a full frame camera. Also sony offers almost similar to Nikon and Canon Lens range.

Anyways, i don't think most of the auto fans like discussing this topic in Autolanka. But it was nice to have a discussion. Let me know if there is an option for Sri Lankan photography lovers to get together, learn and discuss. Or if you guys have a group in flickr or something i can join.

Kmeeg.

Should open 'Photolanka' too to discuss this. I was recently arguing with my friends about Sony cameras too. On point and shoot cameras i believe Sony rx 100 ii is way over other point and shoot cameras. Also in DSLRs Sony is picking fast. Eg - Sony Alpha A99 a full frame camera. Also sony offers almost similar to Nikon and Canon Lens range.

Anyways, i don't think most of the auto fans like discussing this topic in Autolanka. But it was nice to have a discussion. Let me know if there is an option for Sri Lankan photography lovers to get together, learn and discuss. Or if you guys have a group in flickr or something i can join.

Kmeeg.

i havent use a proper sony alpha but i did use a starting range of the alpha and it was liratally the Worst camera i have ever used. my Wseries is much better compared to that.

although this sunday ill be using a friends sony alpha. donno whats the model. lets see how that is

there is a FB group thin about Srilankan Photography lovers or something, ill post a link when i find it :)

i havent use a proper sony alpha but i did use a starting range of the alpha and it was liratally the Worst camera i have ever used. my Wseries is much better compared to that.

although this sunday ill be using a friends sony alpha. donno whats the model. lets see how that is

there is a FB group thin about Srilankan Photography lovers or something, ill post a link when i find it :)

yep thats the group where I showed you that out of focus pic :D

Kmeeg.

You're certainly late for the party. In fact there are quite a few photography fans here. And its a topic that has been discussed in detail many times before. :)

Hi Schiffer,

Hope this helps..

Kmeeg.

You believe wrong. A 6D is $1400 brand new. $2400 will get you a 5D MkII at least.

Also in DSLRs Sony is picking fast. Eg - Sony Alpha A99 a full frame camera. Also sony offers almost similar to Nikon and Canon Lens range.

I'm sorry, what? Look, Sony offers decent SLRs, they use the same sensor that goes in to the Nikons coz they manufacture it, and they have a decent set of lens and the Carl Zeiss range is second to none, BUT, Sony can't come anywhere near the range of the other two. Certainly not at the telephoto end. Also Zeiss glass is available for Canon too.

Its Canon. 1 N.

And sony lenses are quite expensive compared to equivelant Nikon or Canon lens right?

And I didn't realise there was much of a price difference between similarly equipped Canon and Nikon cameras. I'm quite new to DSLRs and I decided to go with a 60D as my first one. Cropped sensor yes but I thought that the 60D had the best balance between entry level and professional cameras. The first one up the Canon line with the top LCD, which gives a couple of direct controls. And I love the button layout - all on to the right hand. All in all I'm very happy with my choice.