• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Project Carina Gt

Muditha420

go with white LED's ont he meter cluster. it only takes 3 LED's or four. and they're not expensive. it'll glow like nobodies business and look very neat because the lighting is even, unlike the tungesten bulb

Actually machan for this it takes around 6 LED's and if the meter cluster is just like mine (which it seems to be except the dials are orange) its gonna be Five T10 bulbs and one T5 Bulb

This is mine with White LED

1084909_10201494832511098_1237461428_o.j

And since you have orange dials, yours will look more like Komisiripala's Gauges

1235897_232392960244772_2089773456_n.jpg

• Like 3

Actually machan for this it takes around 6 LED's and if the meter cluster is just like mine (which it seems to be except the dials are orange) its gonna be Five T10 bulbs and one T5 Bulb

[img=https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t31/1084909_10201494832511098_1237461428_o.jpg]

And since you have orange dials, yours will look more like Komisiripala's Gauges

[img=https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/1235897_232392960244772_2089773456_n.jpg]

Damn I miss my car! *-sniffle-*

Guys, Any place where i could find 3 SMD LEDs (T5s) managed to find T5 with one LED (Darley Road) but Light is not even on the cluster (Vios Facelifted 2006)

So finally got something worth writing about in AL…

So your first car is actually something special, for car crazy fans it would be like Jeremy said ““It’s what non-car people don’t get. They see all cars as just ton-and-a-half, two-tons of wires, glass, metal and rubber. That’s all they see. People like you or I know, we have an unshakable belief that cars are living entities. Not like a Toyota Corolla obviously, but a real… You can develop a relationship with a car. And that’s just what non-car people don’t get.” - Jeremy Clarkson.

Have seen in AL alone people restoring oldies or even bringing newer once a bit of a kick from what they were before.

So what I got is actually a 1996 Toyota Carina GT AT210, 4A-GE Blacktop 20v engine, 5MT. and someone along the way decided to change the lights, shell n bumpers with the 1999-2000 model. For the record when I took hold of it, it had done 135k on the clock and by the time I started this project the clocked just ticked off to 180k (just putting it out for the record).

Due to work sadly had to leave her ideal for about 6 months occasionally being started up by my dad but by the time I returned it was in a fix… the process included an engine rebuild also of a 2nd option of getting hold of another newer engine. The latter option was going nowhere with some guy quoting the engine, gearbox and suspension as one unit. Finally got hold of one, which was in a pretty good nick. The engine rebuild was closer to buying a new engine so opted to go for a newer one.

After the engine swap, was sent off for paint. Choosing a decent color alone was a bit of a headache but pulled it off thanks to the Honda Catalogue which was “Kaiser Silver” and have to say it was a right one to go with. Right about now it’s in the last stages of touching up the few bits and pieces. Removing all the parts to the bare shell means there are few squeaks and rattles coming from everywhere for now hunting them down. Also left with a few additions of TRD spark plug wires, Greddy oil filter, voltage stabilizer (en route by now) shocks and wheels need to be sorted out from here.

Have to say during this time got to know one epic gentlemen here whose car is well known in AL forum as well as the person who built it, although I would love to give credit to him with his real name for helping me out, I will just say he is the resident Doctor Komi himself. Although I am car gone wild, coz of him I was able to get in touch with few pretty awesome guys, few being Rumesh & also Nadeeka (who seems to have every part imaginable just about everywhere in his yard…it’s just amazing). And also the member “OH” who writes great blogs about the car culture in SL. So humbly like to thank you all for your help.

Keeping most of it in its original condition, and welcome any input from you guys and if I missed out on anything do let me know.

Before shots...think these were taken right after i bought it

07092010276.jpg

07092010275.jpg

07092010274.jpg

The Best car (rather Partner in Crime) on earth, for me ;) Will bring you home from hell (by all means). Been using for 14 years and looking forward for a very long time with me!!! Happy to see a Carina lover. :)

Any known place/mechanic this LED change can be done? Don't wanna try these myself and ruin it.

Guys, Any place where i could find 3 SMD LEDs (T5s) managed to find T5 with one LED (Darley Road) but Light is not even on the cluster (Vios Facelifted 2006)

i too had trouble finding a bright T5 bulb, what i did was took another T10 bulb, remove the LED's from its casing and welded it inside the cluster, hence the unbalanced light distribution on the speedo dial. sadly with the T5 bulb it was worse than this.

Any known place/mechanic this LED change can be done? Don't wanna try these myself and ruin it.

Any auto electrician can do this, although you can try this DIY if you want to as well.

@Muditha - Clean interior machan. Nice. btw is that a Conlight on top of the dashboard? :o

i too had trouble finding a bright T5 bulb, what i did was took another T10 bulb, remove the LED's from its casing and welded it inside the cluster, hence the unbalanced light distribution on the speedo dial. sadly with the T5 bulb it was worse than this.

Any auto electrician can do this, although you can try this DIY if you want to as well.

@Muditha - Clean interior machan. Nice. btw is that a Conlight on top of the dashboard? :o

Thanks a Lot Schiffer for the idea! Appreciate a Lot.. :)

@Supra_Natural - Thanks mate :)

Guys on ebay after you all suggested i found error corrective LED's T5 and T10's so why not go for those think they were 5W a piece???

@Schiffer - that little gizmo on the right hand side dashboard does the lighting by it self... when its getting dark you get the parking lights n fog and awhile letter the headlights pop on.... bit of a poop when u go under shaded areas but later on found there's sorta a timer to adjust at the back :D

Thanks a Lot Schiffer for the idea! Appreciate a Lot.. :)

Welcome mate.

@Supra_Natural - Thanks mate :)

Guys on ebay after you all suggested i found error corrective LED's T5 and T10's so why not go for those think they were 5W a piece???

@Schiffer - that little gizmo on the right hand side dashboard does the lighting by it self... when its getting dark you get the parking lights n fog and awhile letter the headlights pop on.... bit of a poop when u go under shaded areas but later on found there's sorta a timer to adjust at the back :D

Holy moly that is a Toyota Conlight (Optional extra that not many in japan has ever chosen, in other words very rare), ive never seen that in a car in Sri lanka.:o

You got it from somewhere or was it there when you bought it?

js800_auto_lights_002.jpg

• Like 1

Welcome mate.

Holy moly that is a Toyota Conlight (Optional extra that not many in japan has ever chosen, in other words very rare), ive never seen that in a car in Sri lanka. :o

You got it from somewhere or was it there when you bought it?

js800_auto_lights_002.jpg

It is there in my CE110 JDM!

Is it that much rare?

It is there in my CE110 JDM!

Is it that much rare?

it is mate, not many vehicles were offered these extras and not many have bought it either.

CE110 im pretty sure it wasnt offered to that car. usually came for carina GT, Corolla GT, Supra, and few other cars like so

also there are few more even rarer toyota optional extra like a whole system of air purifiers and under seat coin trays that no one botherd to order.

the air purifier was on that corolla form new zealand no? i remember his blog about how he tracked it down. that is one sick ride.

and FYI i got my LED's from ebay. shipped right to my doorstep no fuss. luckily the teg is a common car in the US.

wow at that conlight device. patta kiwwalu.

• Like 1

the air purifier was on that corolla form new zealand no? i remember his blog about how he tracked it down. that is one sick ride.

and FYI i got my LED's from ebay. shipped right to my doorstep no fuss. luckily the teg is a common car in the US.

ah yes, the WHIPPED AE100, thats one hell of a car

Nope Schiffer was there when i bought it :D

Or an also have a purifier as well in the boot also came with it...

awesome man. do post some pics of it :D u lucky bugger

That guy has all the rare options...here's the interesting part; most were pulled from the wreckers'!

it is mate, not many vehicles were offered these extras and not many have bought it either.

CE110 im pretty sure it wasnt offered to that car. usually came for carina GT, Corolla GT, Supra, and few other cars like so

also there are few more even rarer toyota optional extra like a whole system of air purifiers and under seat coin trays that no one botherd to order.

My AE91 had the air purifier system and a cup holder gadget in the dash that I have never seen in any of these corollas.

Edited by Reckless

My AE91 had the air purifier system and a cup holder gadget in the dash that I have never seen in any of these corollas.

there are like 3-4componentes for the air purifier thing,

there are vents on the interior light thing, then another purifier behind the seats like a speaker cage (seen in 1 or 2 corona premio's here)

then a fraigrance control system thing that goes in the dash.

The rarest is the rooflight vents and the controller on the dash.

That AE100 has them all.

im guessing muditha's carina gt has the one with the air vents behind the rear seats.

there are like 3-4componentes for the air purifier thing,

there are vents on the interior light thing, then another purifier behind the seats like a speaker cage (seen in 1 or 2 corona premio's here)

then a fraigrance control system thing that goes in the dash.

The rarest is the rooflight vents and the controller on the dash.

That AE100 has them all.

im guessing muditha's carina gt has the one with the air vents behind the rear seats.

My one had the whole thing fitted on the roof.