• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Project Carina Gt

Muditha420

Yup you got it the switch is on the left hand side of the steering with low, mid n high settings n auto too... it sits right behind the back seats between the speakers sorta like a grill thingy...n when you open the boot looks as if theirs a CD changer sorts

Yup you got it the switch is on the left hand side of the steering with low, mid n high settings n auto too... it sits right behind the back seats between the speakers sorta like a grill thingy...n when you open the boot looks as if theirs a CD changer sorts

That CD changer thing, i think thats where you put the fragrance cartridge's in.

Thats not a everyday option mate. very few has that even in japan

Oh god...

Has a caldina cz at our home and clearly rember we had those roof mounted air purifier with all controls in itself with dome light.

Also the Conlight was there but unfortunately i remember one electrecian removed it while on another repair of dash, saying that it is used to japanese security purposes or so. Damn. ...

Must be somewhere at the house.will be definitly trying to find.

And yes it had underseat cointrays,some unknown gadget on top of the drivers seat on A Pillar.peole said it was a japanese toll gate paying system.so removed somewhere down the line.

Feel so sorry about the conlight though.....

Edited by chan5

Holy crap this thread is turning in to Japanese nostalgic car.com See m420? Now you've gone and got everyone feeling warm and fuzzy! Some probably have tears in their eyes! So keep doing what you're doing! We love it!!

Speaking of which, you need a vintage Toyota in your life! :sport-smiley-004:

Schiffer there is a tray load which you have a sort of a filter unit... will take a pic of both 2mrw n upload it for you

Thanks man

and this is unfair, ive been searching for a original reading lamp unit with the sunglass holder everywhere and you guys had the even rare-er rooflight with the airpurifier unit :(

asadaranai..

Also the Conlight was there but unfortunately i remember one electrecian removed it while on another repair of dash, saying that it is used to japanese security purposes or so. Damn. ...

Must be somewhere at the house.will be definitly trying to find.

And yes it had underseat cointrays,some unknown gadget on top of the drivers seat on A Pillar.peole said it was a japanese toll gate paying system.so removed somewhere down the line....

meeh if you do find the conlight with the wire harness ;) buzz me if you are selling

and that underseat coin tray too was something people didnt bother to order, i think the gadget on the A pillar thing might have been the map light

Holy crap this thread is turning in to Japanese nostalgic car.com See m420? Now you've gone and got everyone feeling warm and fuzzy! Some probably have tears in their eyes! So keep doing what you're doing! We love it!!

The Autolanka Effect :D

Awesome mate awesome.

you got a really nice ride here :grinning-smiley-003:

Edit : i just realize that means that there is another fraigrance control system as a rare optional extra. and seems like its not connected to the air purifier. (Need to research more)

Edited by Schiffer

Thanks H.C its actually a cool thing to do...becomes apart of you at the end or family even... feels good to be appreciated after going through a freaking topsy turvy of emotions to get it all done... n trust me every time u see her...Hot damn what a feeling ;)

Muditha, I just added below links to your valuable thread.

Toyota Carina AT212 JDM Catalogs

August 1998

http://cdn.toyota-catalog.jp/catalog/pdf/carina-3/carina-3_199808.pdf

December 2000

http://cdn.toyota-catalog.jp/catalog/pdf/carina-3/carina-3_200012.pdf

w4xv.jpg

uei1.jpg

5gps.jpg

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera
  • Like 2

@Sampath - Thanks mate.

@Komi - haha don't get me started coz it is very tempting but i need to sort out a biggy of finding a right handside tail light coz a long time back a biker made sure of that :P need to fine tune everything n have the little things work perfectly...no point for now least to change something that already working, maybe if i come across one well why not right :D