• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Metal Vibration Noise In The Engine

udararaj

Guys i have a viva elite now reached 18000km. Recently i have noticed a metal vibration noise in the Engine. Normally when i drive my car in the hill area like Kandy (Kadugannawa) we need to accelerate more and engine has to give a extra effort. In such situation i can here a metal vibration noise in the engine.. Im using 95 octane petrol.

Sounds like this are very hard to diagnose IMO without actually seeing or listening to it personally. What I can suggest is that you open the bonnet, start the engine and rev the car from the throttle body until the engine hits the speed that would normally generate the sound when you're on the move. There's a chance that the sound is due to a screw that needs proper tightening or a missing clip of a panel.

• 2 months later...
Guys i have a viva elite now reached 18000km. Recently i have noticed a metal vibration noise in the Engine. Normally when i drive my car in the hill area like Kandy (Kadugannawa) we need to accelerate more and engine has to give a extra effort. In such situation i can here a metal vibration noise in the engine.. Im using 95 octane petrol.

Regarding your problem yes i think they might be right about the injectors, since fuel in Sri Lanka isnt completely debree free its normal for injectors to get clogged up after some time. BTW use an injector cleaning fluid from time to, it will increase the time you need to do a complete injector cleanup.

On a side note it seems that unimo is recommending people to use 95 octane for the Elite which is absurd, there seems to be a big design flaw in this cars engine compression and timing.

Contrary to popular belief higher octane does not mean cleaner fuel nor does it mean better power or efficiency in an engine designed for lower octane fuel. It just has more octane which acts as an anti knock agent meaning the engine can compress fuel to higher ratios without unexpected ignition (Knocking), yes you should use higher octane fuel in a larger engine designed for higher compression however there is no point in using it in a lower compression engine like yours (This has been discussed to death previously, if you dig around you will get plenty of more info on this in AL).

• Like 1