• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How Important Is The Thermostat?

VVTi

Hi MD How are ya? Any thoughts on the heating prob which I'm experiencing with my car?

Fine bro thanks!...VVTi and Rumesh gave answers along the lines I'd give.Can't say anymore without seeing the car.If you're coming near Kelaniya anytime soon come show it to me.I'll have a look and see.

Fine bro thanks!...VVTi and Rumesh gave answers along the lines I'd give.Can't say anymore without seeing the car.If you're coming near Kelaniya anytime soon come show it to me.I'll have a look and see.

Hey thanks for the offer . Really appreciate it. If I come around there will drop by for sure. Mainly to see you and your cars! Meanwhile you can check my car if I haven't solved the prob yet.

Davy, would this have a drastic impact on a/c, engine cooling system behavior? (not hijacking the thread, and thanking all for the very informative info here)

If the belts are over-tightened, the bearings attached to the components (AC, power steering pump, alternator) will wear out prematurely. A worn out bearing will definitely cause more friction and cause the engine to work under an added amount of load. This will definitely cause the engine temperature to fluctuate from normal. Also, the added strain on the engine will make the car feel under powered.

If I remember correctly, trinity's AC compressor was far from working perfectly. The AC pulley was wobbling when the compressor clutch was engaged even though it was repaired once. Checking this first might be the best starting point IMO.

If the belts are over-tightened, the bearings attached to the components (AC, power steering pump, alternator) will wear out prematurely. A worn out bearing will definitely cause more friction and cause the engine to work under an added amount of load. This will definitely cause the engine temperature to fluctuate from normal. Also, the added strain on the engine will make the car feel under powered.

If I remember correctly, trinity's AC compressor was far from working perfectly. The AC pulley was wobbling when the compressor clutch was engaged even though it was repaired once. Checking this first might be the best starting point IMO.

Yes Davy you are correct about the ac compressor of my car. Waiting till the salary day to visit the ac mech and sort it out once & for all.

Maybe, just maybe, I feel that your gauge is busted. Give it a direct supply and see if it does the full run.

If all other factors are normal, stat, CTS, bets, pumps, radiator, etc.. that leaves a faulty gauge.

and for the record, I am really not someone who pays attention to my rep points... :)

Cheers. Got it - I was wondering because my car felt a tad under powered with a/c and the cooling system out of whack just a week after replacing the drive belt. I know the belt was extremely tight going in (it is the correct replacement part) but don't think the said bearing problems could be evident in a week?

@trinity

Are your sure your car is fitted with a dual speed fan controller? According to Davy it is. If so, could you rule out the possibility of bypassing of the controller. Better if you can post a pic of the fans looking from the engine side.

Cheers. Got it - I was wondering because my car felt a tad under powered with a/c and the cooling system out of whack just a week after replacing the drive belt. I know the belt was extremely tight going in (it is the correct replacement part) but don't think the said bearing problems could be evident in a week?

I see. You should be okay for now mate, but get it tightened to the correct tension again ASAP. Your belt will also stretch and wear out soon if it has been running like this for long.

Maybe, just maybe, I feel that your gauge is busted. Give it a direct supply and see if it does the full run.

If all other factors are normal, stat, CTS, bets, pumps, radiator, etc.. that leaves a faulty gauge.

and for the record, I am really not someone who pays attention to my rep points... :)

Thanks for the info machang, as Davy suggested i will see to the AC compressor clutch issue first. Hopefully i can sort it out this weekend after the salary day.

Then i will update you of the developments.

@trinity

Are your sure your car is fitted with a dual speed fan controller? According to Davy it is. If so, could you rule out the possibility of bypassing of the controller. Better if you can post a pic of the fans looking from the engine side.

Rumesh, I'll post a pic of the fans as soon as i figure out how to upload images from an apple device or from drop box. Both are not allowing me to share photos here.

• 2 years later...
  • MADZ featured this topic