• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Disturbing Sound While Driving..!

abcjayasinghe

Question

I'm experiencing a soft noise/ rattle in the driving side of my vitz but, strangely it becomes more evident on a carpet road (when there's no other interferences). The intensity of the rattle does not increase with poor road conditions or in bends but is clearly audible.

Is it a common issue with vitz??

Thought somebody could shed some light on this matter as well. Thanks!

13 answers to this question

Machan I get a similar disturbing sound. It's very clear on carpet roads and highway. More at high speeds.

Mine comes from the passenger side. Usually when vtec engages. I swear to you it sounds like

"Hemin yanawa Yako!!"

I have tried everything except keeping my wife at home. I can't figure out what it is.

:D just kidding man. Don't get upset. I have no idea what the sound can be

Edited by Komisiripala
  • Like 4

Is the noise louder when you drive with your shutters down? Just to identify if the noise originate from within the cabin or outside.

It is definitely louder when shutters closed. But, I'm pretty much sure it's not the rattling of plastic inside the cabin.

I have tried everything except keeping my wife at home. I can't figure out what it is.

I 've tried that also machan. :unsure:

try to figure out corelations to the sound as you explained there's no relevance with the road condition. Is the intensity increase/decrease when you're taking bends ? or stepping on the brake pedal or when you accelerate or slow down? need little more inputs from your end to proceed with 'online diagnosis' :D

try to figure out corelations to the sound as you explained there's no relevance with the road condition. Is the intensity increase/decrease when you're taking bends ? or stepping on the brake pedal or when you accelerate or slow down? need little more inputs from your end to proceed with 'online diagnosis' :D

Thanks mate, there's no noticeable difference when taking bends. When maintaining a particular speed, it's like stays the same but, it definitely worsens when accelerating/ or decelerating. I recently got the fan belts tightened so It's unlikely them making the noise.

Did you check the lower arm bushes?

Didn't go to the garage yet machan. But when I do, I'll keep that in mind. Thought of narrowing down the possibilities with the help of more experienced AL members here before taking the car to garage so that I will have some idea as to what to do and where to go for. Thanks!

Edited by abcjayasinghe

My car does this sometimes. I've found its the interior covers for the door mirrors mounts. They're press fit, and work themselves loose over time creating a very annoying rattle. I'm sure your problem is something similar, as such sounds are only evident when the cabin is quiet.

My car does this sometimes. I've found its the interior covers for the door mirrors mounts. They're press fit, and work themselves loose over time creating a very annoying rattle. I'm sure your problem is something similar, as such sounds are only evident when the cabin is quiet.

After a while.. Nice to see ya back again

If you feel that sound generates inside the car, please try this too.

First do empty glovebox and other all cabin slots/pockets completly. Then check.

My aunty was having such a sound and nobody could identify it. Even guarge people were also saying that everything is ok. Our resident Sherlock Holmes (one of my uncles) drove few kilometers and identified that sound comes from a cubbyhole usually we don't use much. Culprit was a small bottle (kuppiya)inside the cubbyhole. :sport-smiley-004:

You may have to use the technique introduced by "Sadda Vidda Palanga Pathiranalage Andare" :)

I also experienced this kind of sound when riding on carpet roads.

I did a wheel alignment, and they told that sound is due to the buckle in the wheel rim.

So that I spent Rs. 1800, and got rectified that problem.

Still that sound appears.

That sound decrease with speed.

Can anybody share there experience to solve this problem?

Sorry for the delayed update..! Finally sorted the thing out!

It was funny that none of the mechs I went to could find the simple issue there, until I figured it out myself. (Thank you Sampath Gunasekera!, saved by your technique)

Strangely it turned out to be the right hood hinge giving some abnormal sound at specific speads. Oiled both the hinges and the sound was all gone.

Thanks everyone !

• Like 1