• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Breakdowns On Toyota Aqua

kamal_bandara

Hi all,

I'm in a very much confusing state as i was moving for the final phase of buying a TOYOTA AQUA and few of my friends are buying FIT since they say they have seen many breakdowns on AQUA. can some one share there experience on this matter please ? i have red some forums on US but every one is happy with the car and no one has said about breakdowns after buying them.

Also i cant find any details about in SL too about a AQUA breakdown on middle of the road.

I know since AQUA is a true hybrid if the battery is down can want start but since they are around 2 years old its highly unlike to go down and i met couple of car sellers who sell AQUA by changing the Japan auction sheets ( i have proof of a such auction sheet) to a auction grade 4 or 4.5 from a "R" (parts replaced or repaired) they are prone to have problems obliviously sine we don't know how much is damage done to other parts from a accident.

Can some one please give me some opinion on this ?

Hi ,

Adding what Kamal has stated most of the Aqua Cars imported to SL are Accident Repaired cars...to prove the cars are accident free ,Car sale people produce fake Auction Sheets....i have seen many instances like that..Even i have cn in autolanka there are couple advertisements which are R grade cars. bt actually sellers say they high auction grade cars (4 or 4.5).

If anyone buying a Car that has the JEVIC Pre inspection Export Certificate you guys can check the e-Certificate using below mentioned link

http://www.jevic.com/ Click on

Think this link will be useful to find whether the car you trying buy has altered ODOMETER Reading

• Like 4

As per my knowledge, if auction grade is "R" it says that the vehicle has been professionally repaired adhering to manufacturer's standards. So getting an R grade car wouldn't be a problem, unless that feeling you get of buying a car knowingly it has gone through an accident.

Edited by Strikeee

As per my knowledge, if auction grade is "R" it says that the vehicle has been professionally repaired adhering to manufacturer's standards. So getting an R grade car wouldn't be a problem, unless that feeling you get of buying a car knowingly it has gone through an accident.

its not Correct if it mentions RA then the condition is good. but R doesn't guarantee it was repaired according to Manufacture Standards.

wht i think is if any one is selling a R grade car buyer should be aware of that

Any car will break down if not properly maintained, or If not properly reconditioned.

A trouble free car is not a "maintenance free" car. If you don't spend to maintain your vehicle, it will give you trouble.

There's a LOT more to owning a car than just pumping petrol and driving it.

I can't answer your question in certainty. Buying a car is as risky as getting married. Regardless of whether your parents found her in the Sunday classifieds, or you hunted her down with great difficulty, there's absolutely no way of knowing for sure whether that particular specimen of woman/car will give you trouble.

So don't think so much. You can't outthink or plan life to that level. Just buy the car. Or don't.

Edited by Komisiripala
  • Like 4

Agree with Komisiripala. anything including women need to be maintained properly else prone to give a hell to owner.. :sport-smiley-003: .

My problem is is AQUA that much problematic and give many issues to the owners even after well maintenance ? I really wondering, according to that nut case which argue with me as he has seen that much brake down in AQUA i also wonder is it me or every one else think this is a fiction of a single person?

I can't answer your question in certainty. Buying a car is as risky as getting married. Regardless of whether your parents found her in the Sunday classifieds, or you hunted her down with great difficulty, there's absolutely no way of knowing for sure whether that particular specimen of woman/car will give you trouble.

Unlike some of us, who make her the way we want... LOL!!!

I know there is a issue in gearbox as, when you are in a stop in a hill side when you let got the brake even this is a AT it comes back a bit and start moving.. i guess this is not a issue just how it is.

does this model comes with hill start assistant? why u r worrying about this aqua this much? non of the automobile manufactures still couldn't make any model of vehicle which can run with out any single fault. if you visit to any reputed plc you can c lot of merc,bimmers,volvos are under repair for certain fauilts

the subject was very similar to when ppl start to use auto vehicles.

haven't heard anything bad on aqua as most recommend it as a good hybrid than others..

Besides look at the classifieds and in car sales, there are a lot of them for sale. Looks to me like its a very popular car these days and they get sold pretty quickly. and there are a lot of them on the road too.

Like others have mentioned, don't worry about it too much, if you like it, find a good one and go for it.

Edited by Reckless
  • Like 1

Oh FFS! Athi Yako athi!! Ganin ko Mala ilauwwa!! 22kmpl madi-da??? Aiyyo salli!! Oya okkoma I ithuruwa gevanna Wei kohomatath battery eka puk wunaama!

Ithin satha panaha ganan karala wadak naa bung mokak gaththath!!!

Mei topic eka kiyawala mata pilikaawak haduna!

Edited by Komisiripala
  • Like 5

කොහෙන් උනත් සල්ලි කියන්නෙ සල්ලි.. ගස් වලින් කඩන්නෙ නෑ නෙ. පනින ලිඳේ ගැඹුර දැනගෙන පනින එක හොදා බන්.....අඩුම ගානෙ හුටා මන් ගැඹුර දැනගෙන පැන්නා කියල ඉන්න පුලුවන් නෙ.

Edited by kamal_bandara

දාපු එවා ඔක්කොම හූරල තමයි මේක ගන්න යන්නෙ..නැත්නම් මාසෙකට 25000 පෙට්ට්‍රොල් ගහල ඇතිවෙලා.
මම ඉස්සර මාසෙට 20000ක ඩීසල් ගැහුවා .
දැන් හයිබ්‍රිඩ් එකක් අරං මාසෙට 21000ක පෙට්‍රොල් ගහනවා .
  • Like 1

දාපු එවා ඔක්කොම හූරල තමයි මේක ගන්න යන්නෙ..නැත්නම් මාසෙකට 25000 පෙට්ට්‍රොල් ගහල ඇතිවෙලා.

Ha ha ha ha ha... 25K a month??????? Seriously?????