• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Reverse Camera Mirror Does Not Get Switch On Reverse Gear

Prashanweera

Question

Hi All,

My car has a reverse camera mirror fitted, earliear it gets switched on for reverse gear without any issue. But now it is not getting on for reverce gear. But if I manually switch it on after putting the reverce gear I can see it is working. When I change the gear the display does not get off (Shows empty blue screen) and I have to manually switched off.

Can sombody help me to figure out the issue.

Thanks,

Pra.

5 answers to this question

Hi All,

My car has a reverse camera mirror fitted, earliear it gets switched on for reverse gear without any issue. But now it is not getting on for reverce gear. But if I manually switch it on after putting the reverce gear I can see it is working. When I change the gear the display does not get off (Shows empty blue screen) and I have to manually switched off.

Can sombody help me to figure out the issue.

Thanks,

Pra.

Well the issue seems to be very simple. Whatever activates and deactivates the reverse camera when you go into reverse gear isn't working.

A question, does your reverse lights come on when you go into reverse gear?

Also is this an after market system or originally fitted in the factory

Hi Don,

Thank you very much for replying me.

It ia not a factory fitted one.

Well Initially I thought it is some problem with reverce light/and tapping of reverce light. But it seems to be not the issue. Becuase the reverce camera get on when I put it in to reverce grear. But the Display does not get On. I have to manually switch on the diaplay.

Hi Don,

Thank you very much for replying me.

It ia not a factory fitted one.

Well Initially I thought it is some problem with reverce light/and tapping of reverce light. But it seems to be not the issue. Becuase the reverce camera get on when I put it in to reverce grear. But the Display does not get On. I have to manually switch on the diaplay.

I think a place like petro, bara, advance audio, sun lanka or an auto electrician would be able to resolve this quite quickly.

Most after market systems piggy back on the reverse light circuit to activate themselves. Something in this circuit is broken or lose. You just have to use a multi meter and figure out where the circuit is broken.

If thats not the issue, the problem would be with the monitor. But I think the issue is probably a lose contact somewhere. Probably 1 hours issue at worst.

I agree with The Don. Since the camera comes on, it's probably a connection issue between the monitor and the camera system. Should be an easy fix.

You may also want to check if there is a software option in your head unit to disable the screen from automatically going onto "reverse cam" mode when the camera is switched on.

In normal non branded backup cams comes with two power lines, one to the reverse signal like reverse light wiring and other one to the monitor. Like davy mentioned earlier, if your headunit comes with a option like rear camera interpretation or something similar , you don't need to worry about second power line. If not recheck camera power lines.