• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need Spare Parts For 2002 Lancer Cs1

s.madura

Hey Trinity,

Yeah I made a checklist point 1 was missing on my list. I'm paying regular visits to their workshop in the morning every two days, even if it's in the bottom corner of Colombo :( . I asked the person in charge of my Car to call me once the parts have arrived.

So probably I'll go there tomorrow morning :)

Thank you very much about the above points you've mentioned.

One more thing, I feel like my brakes didn't work well, (even if there was mud). Is there a procedure to test against a benchmark values or something ?

- Was the road wet/have gravel/have sand at the point when you stepped on the brakes?

- Did you feel ABS kicking in?

- How's the condition of your tires/brake pads?

It's normal to feel like the car is not responding well when ABS kicks in. Especially on a slippery/gravel surface. But if the car's ABS is working correctly, it probably is doing its best to get the car stopped in the shortest possible distance.

But I do understand your concern, especially following an accident. So to eliminate all your doubts, take your car to a good mechanic (or Agents) and ask them to test your brakes. What they will do is drive the car around and give you feedback based on their experience. My choice would be the agents here because they would give you a better assessment, and I think they will not charge you.

As for your question about testing brakes, of course there's special equipment to test brakes. The most common being the roller type. The car is put on a roller (that looks similar to a dyno) and the computer measures if the braking power is within acceptable limits. I'm not aware of them being available in our country though.

- Was the road wet/have gravel/have sand at the point when you stepped on the brakes?

- Did you feel ABS kicking in?

- How's the condition of your tires/brake pads?

It's normal to feel like the car is not responding well when ABS kicks in. Especially on a slippery/gravel surface. But if the car's ABS is working correctly, it probably is doing its best to get the car stopped in the shortest possible distance.

But I do understand your concern, especially following an accident. So to eliminate all your doubts, take your car to a good mechanic (or Agents) and ask them to test your brakes. What they will do is drive the car around and give you feedback based on their experience. My choice would be the agents here because they would give you a better assessment, and I think they will not charge you.

As for your question about testing brakes, of course there's special equipment to test brakes. The most common being the roller type. The car is put on a roller (that looks similar to a dyno) and the computer measures if the braking power is within acceptable limits. I'm not aware of them being available in our country though.

Hey Davy,

1. The road was muddy at the point where I applied brakes (Trucks with muddy tires cross the road at the place where the accident was happened)

2. I felt the vibration and kick back of the peddle

3. Tires were like 70 % new, and I've changed the pads couple of months ago to genuine from Agents

Still they're fixing the car and waiting for the parts approvals, looks like lots of ball passing going here to get more time. Anyways buddy as you've recommended I'll take her to the agents and get the brakes tested. Last time I asked them to test my Clutch issue, they did some changes but didn't bill me for that. :)

Thanks you @trinity, @davy bros for all your help. Hope to get back my car at least by next week :(

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Hashan, hope you got your car back on the road

Hey trust me mate, it took 3 *** weeks, and finally got it yesterday !!! I went a long trip to Kandy and came back. Cost was little over 160 k... I'm sure insurance guys will prepare a nice package for the next year. :)

Looks like everything is fine and they have done a pretty decent job in painting and repairing the buffer. But still there's a slight curvy bar (which the bonnet lock panel fixed onto), I'm gonna take the car for inspection for any faults in the braking system on coming week.

I really hate this process :( I never want to go through this anymore.

Thanks all of you for guidance and pointing out things that helped me a lot handling this process.