• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Peugeot Oxia Concept Car

harshansenadhir

Question

12 answers to this question

Concept cars generally do not "go to series". Aren't "Engineers" supposed to know these things?

no they do "moderator",the BMW i8 is one example out of hundreds.

from wikipedia,

The initial turbodiesel concept car was unveiled at the 2009 Frankfurt Motor Show,[8] In 2010, BMW announced the mass production of the Concept Vision Efficient Dynamics in Leipzig beginning in 2013 as the BMW i8.[12] The BMW i8 gasoline-powered concept car destined for production was unveiled at the 2011 Frankfurt Motor Show.[13] The production version of the BMW i8 was unveiled at the 2013 Frankfurt Motor Show.[

I can't understand how an arrogant jacka$$ "lin madiya" who doesn't even know how to use google became a "moderator" of an Auto forum which used to be respected in Sri lanka.

generally

ˈdʒɛn(ə)rəli/

adverb

adverb: generally

1. in most cases; usually.

"the term of a lease is generally 99 years"

synonyms:

normally, in general, as a (general) rule, in the general run of things, by and large, more often than not, almost always, in the main, mainly, mostly, for the most part, in most cases, most of the time, predominantly, on the whole; More

usually, habitually, customarily, standardly, routinely, regularly, typically, ordinarily, commonly, conventionally, traditionally, historically

"the summers were generally fairly good"

antonyms:

occasionally

• Like 1

the "super natural lin-madiya" is questioning my post#2 which also doesn't say anything that all concepts going to Series

great car according to the link, too bad they did not go series...

it is obvious that the base of the lin-madiya question

Concept cars generally do not "go to series". Aren't "Engineers" supposed to know these things?

is that NO concept cars go to series,and I am NOT an Engineer because I do not know this great information.

Sorry Anonymous,no online dictionary will help you there.

sorry harshansenadhir who posted about a great car, one dumba$$ Moodarator is taking the thread OT again :sad-smiley-068:

Edited by osaka_dude

First of all, what on earth is a car going series?????

I assume that what "scholarship-studied, developed country engineer" means is going in to production,

The whole idea of a concept car... just as the word says... is a CONCEPT. A prototype. Certain prototypes may be fully functional (the Oxia, for example), whereas a certain concept cars may just be made of clay.

In any case, they do not directly go in to production. Even the i8 concept did not directly go in to production, but with a number of major changes . That's why even in the wikipedia article copy-pasted by the "scholarship-studied, developed country engineer", states that there is a PRODUCTION VERSION (@"scholarship-studied, developed country engineer"- if you want to know the changes, read the wikipedia article that you copied from).

There are many concept cars that successfully went in to production versions - Suzuki Kizashi, Daewoo Kalos, Chevy Volt, Nissan GTR for example... whereas there was an overwhelming majority that never did. So, usually, habitually, customarily, standardly, routinely, regularly, typically, ordinarily, commonly, conventionally, traditionally, historically, concept cars do not go in to production.

• Like 1

First of all, what on earth is a car going series?????

I assume that what "scholarship-studied, developed country engineer" means is going in to production,

The whole idea of a concept car... just as the word says... is a CONCEPT. A prototype. Certain prototypes may be fully functional (the Oxia, for example), whereas a certain concept cars may just be made of clay.

In any case, they do not directly go in to production. Even the i8 concept did not directly go in to production, but with a number of major changes . That's why even in the wikipedia article copy-pasted by the "scholarship-studied, developed country engineer", states that there is a PRODUCTION VERSION (@"scholarship-studied, developed country engineer"- if you want to know the changes, read the wikipedia article that you copied from).

There are many concept cars that successfully went in to production versions - Suzuki Kizashi, Daewoo Kalos, Chevy Volt, Nissan GTR for example... whereas there was an overwhelming majority that never did. So, usually, habitually, customarily, standardly, routinely, regularly, typically, ordinarily, commonly, conventionally, traditionally, historically, concept cars do not go in to production.

sorry,I forgot that most criticisms here come from dumba$$es with no knowledge of basic technical jargon.

here is more help from google,

(industrial engineering) The manufacture of a product or service by a group of operations sequenced so that all materials will be routed successively through each production state. Also known as batch production.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1da8p4_bmw-i-ev-1st-ever-series-production-use-of-carbon-fiber-reinforced-plastic-cfrp_auto

So Mr."Ayyo,parents-money-wasted-mass-production-car-expert",what is wrong with my post#2,does it say All Concepts go to Series without any modification?

I feel sorry you fell to the sad-state of defending the super-natural lin-madiya's stupid off-topic comments.

Edited by osaka_dude

back to my post#2,where does it say All Concepts do or don't go to Series without any modification ?

If "Super-natural Lin-madiya" has any self respect to be called a "moderator", he should withdraw post#3.

:medium-smiley-037:

Sorry for the late reply O_J, some of us have day jobs that actually require us to work and not spend all our time on the internet (a concept that doesn't apparently apply to "scholarship-studied, developed country engineers")

I ain't withdrawing anything I'm afraid, since google and wiki (which apparently only you know how to use) will make it quite clear that there hasn't been a single instance where a concept car has gone into production unchanged.

As for the specific instance of the Oxia, I'll just quote straight from the original article.

Peugeot described its Peugeot Oxia concept car creation as "the very essence of the dreamer which lies hidden deep in the heart of modern man." It was the car that "all would like to own but nobody can."

Anyway, the takeout from this is that namecalling and similar kindergarden behaviour will only be tolerated upto a certain point, and you my friend just passed that point. So enjoy your 7 day break, you brought it upon yourself.

When you come back (IF you do) try and behave like a civilized individual and MAYBE the forum will start taking your viewpoints seriously.

Edited by Supra_Natural