• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Help With My Eg8

kmcsb

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im going to replace my belts for the first time...so guys wht brands are ok..??

mine honda eg8 single carb

i heard mitsuboshi is good....is tht true..

if yes can u send me part numbers of them ..( alternator,power stering,Ac )

thanks...

when changing belts( without T-belt) .,,does only need belt or need any other things(replacment parts)

pls tell me...beacuse this is first time...

also how about brak bads???

wht is best?? FBL or FBK???

if you can plz send front disk brake pads oem number also...normally how much they are???

Stop opening new threads everytime something new pops into your head. Search the forum, and if you do not find anything relevant then ask. If you need help with your car, just ask all questions in one thread.

• 2 weeks later...

i got eg8 and i heard some noise on drive side wheel when turning on left.....

what would it be...???

i just repaired whole suspension 1 year back ( shocks,bushes,aligments) annd im in still stock tyres size

175/70-r13..

Edited by kmcsb

Stop opening new threads everytime something new pops into your head. Search the forum, and if you do not find anything relevant then ask. If you need help with your car, just ask all questions in one thread.

Here we go again:

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/16112-noise-from-drive-side-wheel/

As I said before, they never learn.

i went to wheel alignment plz , after inspect there told drive side front wheel bearing has gone..if it so ,do i need to put bearing on both tires as well...??.

only right- front has gone...

Edited by kmcsb

i went to wheel alignment plz , after inspect there told drive side front wheel bearing has gone..if it so ,do i need to put bearing on both tires as well...??.

only right- front has gone...

its sounds like dak dak ..

Firstly, a wheel alignment place will not be able to provide you with a correct diagnosis of the problem IMO. Ideally they should be able to, but most wheel alignment places in the country just deal with... well... wheel alignment. Most of them wouldn't be able to tell you if its a suspension issue or something to do with CV joints or drive shafts (or bearings for that matter). My advice for you is to go to a good workshop and get the car checked out.

Secondly, normally the sound heard from a worn out wheel bearing is not the kind of sound you've described. The bearings will give you a deep roaring sound (let's just say a "grrrrrrrrrr" sound to make it clear for you). Plus, the sound from a worn out wheel bearing will be heard always (mostly at high speeds) and not just when cornering (as you have explained).

As for a good place to get this diagnosed, try this thread:

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/15974-good-mechanics-technicians-workshops/

Do a search, I remember someone sharing info about a honda-specific mechanic somewhere in Malabe (short drive for you).

Edited by Davy

Firstly, a wheel alignment place will not be able to provide you with a correct diagnosis of the problem IMO. Ideally they should be able to, but most wheel alignment places in the country just deal with... well... wheel alignment. Most of them wouldn't be able to tell you if its a suspension issue or something to do with CV joints or drive shafts (or bearings for that matter). My advice for you is to go to a good workshop and get the car checked out.

Secondly, normally the sound heard from a worn out wheel bearing is not the kind of sound you've described. The bearings will give you a deep roaring sound (let's just say a "grrrrrrrrrr" sound to make it clear for you). Plus, the sound from a worn out wheel bearing will be heard always (mostly at high speeds) and not just when cornering (as you have explained).

As for a good place to get this diagnosed, try this thread:

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/15974-good-mechanics-technicians-workshops/

Do a search, I remember someone sharing info about a honda-specific mechanic somewhere in Malabe (short drive for you).

ok thanks bro..i''ll chk....

Fianlly replaze both right sides bearings(razors)....do i need to do wheel aligement after tht???

Better to do it although the alignment would not be affected much. BTW if you intend to keep this car with you pass the next 5000km you should have changed the left side bearings as well (Unless of course you keep the car running always in an anti-clockwise circle :D ). If you have two bad bearings it is very likely that the other two are also due.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally I got meter board with tachometer...

Now when car starts its idle near 800..

But I switch on headlight its drop to like 400 rpm..

Also my new Meter board temp needle top up (red mark) when I turn acc on my key...also when I switch off igingation temp needle drop down to low...

But my old meter board temp needle works OK..all other gauges were working

10353461_10203464373317359_1652088414691

this one i installed... mine eg8 single carb....will it compatible with my car???the person who sold m told tht is working well..but im facing some issues..

today i chked condition of speedometer ...so i did a test drive on highway... speedometer needle smothley reched to 40kmpl but after its passed 40km/h is stuck a while and jump 50-55 in few second....also 65-70...

i reached maximum 120kmh...during tht sessoin its stuck @3 points and refresh..

why is tht???

will it be repaired...

also this is passed more tht 200kms..m

my genuine mileage is 166kms..

is there a way to get back this to original mileage without replzing old one.....

will technical can do this thing....

does anyone knows any better technician can solve this problem??

Once I experienced an unusual behavour in speedometer reading due to the cable getting loose. Your problem might be something similar.

BTW, it is not a wise idea to test your speedometer on the highway while driving at 120kmh. It just takes a fraction of a second for things to go wrong...

Read this thread from the beginning, but I couldn't find what was the problem with your gauge cluster to begin with. Was it a problem with the tachometer (RPM)?

Since you have two gauge clusters, I suggest you use the working parts of both and combine them to create one fully working cluster. A good electrician would be able to switch the ODOmeter and the speed 'o meter mechanisms (and even the temp gauge if it has a problem) so that everything is working in the cluster you install.