• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

My Mitsubishi Galant

Sierra Charlie

Good to hear work on the upgrades, have you thought on the head lights,?

( what ever you do DON'T put 100W bulbs ), The fry thre reflectors and cook the wirig

Yes, the nose looks kike Darth-Vadar's helmet, but the lighta let the show down don't it?

And the brakes, a dec ent set of stoppers will come handy when you get thee beast seroiusly going,..

TT.

Edited by Twin Turbo

Good to hear work on the upgrades, have you thought on the head lights,?

( what ever you do DON'T put 100W bulbs ), The fry thre reflectors and cook the wirig

Yes, the nose looks kike Darth-Vadar's helmet, but the lighta let the show down don't it?

And the brakes, a dec ent set of stoppers will come handy when you get thee beast seroiusly going,..

TT.

Lights, already sorted. :) I'm on nightbreakers.

Next up are indeed brakes. I'm planning on changing wheel hubs from 4 studs to 5 studs before that. That gives me a lot more selection when it comes to parts and wheels.:)

• Like 1

Cross drilled ventilated discs with painted calipers,...Mmmmm :-)

For your nicely working A/c, might I recommend getting an adjustable thermostat switch fixed to the A/c system rather than playground with the system which someone got just right,..i.E FREEZING COLD,..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HELLA-Thermostat-SWITCH-6ZT351009-021-/151420757068?hash=item234161644c:g:reEAAOSw-jhUInCi&vxp=mtr

Cheers!

p.S, The cherry on top,.. a cat back hi-flow exhaust,..! :sleeping-smiley-001:

TT.

Edited by Twin Turbo

• 11 months later...

OK, so a minor update on the thread. Managed to find a set of Super VR4 headlights quite randomly. This dude says that only 250 of the Super VR4s were ever made. I dunno. What he says is unsubstantiated. But all I know is the Super VR4 is rare AF.

So when I came across a pair of colour matched Super VR4 headlights - of all the places, at a random used parts place in Mount - I had to get my hands on them. I know, I know. My car is not colour matched to anything. But what the hell, had to do it anyway. Here's a mugshot with the new look. What this also means is that I can't go places unnoticed. The grill is colour matched to the rest of the body. At this angle, even I'm wondering where the hell is the grill on the thing. 

58ea660324dc8_WhatsAppImage2017-03-29at11_33_22.jpeg.a931ee9cd216ec7957e073e845fa6016.jpeg

Nice find....is that silver ? or is it black but shos as silver in the picture ?

As for the limited numbers...I am 99% certain that I have seen Japanese magazine articles claiming that Mitsubishi made 800 Super VR4s. I can't remember if it was referring to 800 units of both Galant and Legnum Super VR-4s or 800 each of the Galant and Legnum variants. If it is the former,800 units of both, then it could be that there were 250 Legnum Super VR-4s made (as the guy was talking about his Legnum). I can't find the original articles I am referring to but by doing a quick google search Wikipedia says that 200 Super VR4s were imported to UK...so to be honest it can be up t any of those numbers.

Also came across the Japanese press release for the Super VR-4 and it doesn't say anything about limited numbers.

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/jp/corporate/pressrelease/products/detail638.html

Also, at this time, was this still the base for the WRC ? If so then Mitsubishi would have had to make a X number of production vehicles of the rally car; however only 800 might have been sold ? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, iRage said:

Nice find....is that silver ? or is it black but shos as silver in the picture ?

As for the limited numbers...I am 99% certain that I have seen Japanese magazine articles claiming that Mitsubishi made 800 Super VR4s. I can't remember if it was referring to 800 units of both Galant and Legnum Super VR-4s or 800 each of the Galant and Legnum variants. If it is the former,800 units of both, then it could be that there were 250 Legnum Super VR-4s made (as the guy was talking about his Legnum). I can't find the original articles I am referring to but by doing a quick google search Wikipedia says that 200 Super VR4s were imported to UK...so to be honest it can be up t any of those numbers.

Also came across the Japanese press release for the Super VR-4 and it doesn't say anything about limited numbers.

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/jp/corporate/pressrelease/products/detail638.html

Also, at this time, was this still the base for the WRC ? If so then Mitsubishi would have had to make a X number of production vehicles of the rally car; however only 800 might have been sold ? 

Hey @iRage these indeed are silver numbers. Used to have black ones.

What's also interesting is my car is from 2003 thus, a facelift version. However my car originally had two-piece glass headlights which are relatively heavy while the older Super VR-4 headlights are single-piece, plastic ones, hence relatively very light. I would have thought that peeps would do the other way.

As for numbers, it should be either 1600 or 800 Galants+Legnums. If that's the case, is it rare AF as I believe, just rare or there -goes-another-super?

This version sadly didn't take part in the WRC. The previous generation VR-4s had AWD and All-Wheel Steering. I think some of those feature sets was carried over to this version of the VR-4 in the guise of AYC and a few other features. 

33 minutes ago, Muditha420 said:

@Sierra Charlie so u are the one haha... well i'll be looking for this Galant for sure when m around Pagoda area next time...upload a good pic mate wanna see those lights...looks really good:D

Will defa do machan. Just the Awurudu season wreaking havoc on my free time. 

• Like 1