• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Adding 2T To A Diesel

knightowl

I came to know about this in a post here. Did a bit of searching in google to find that lot of people are doing it. Adding a pinch of 2 stroke oil to the diesel tank [1/200] seems to lubricate engine parts above the cylinders, burn better, accelerate better etc.

So I filled up my Hilux tank and added 400ml of 2T. What a change! Engine is definitely smoother. All the little annoying rickety sounds are gone. And it accelerate a lot better. I am delighted about the change and thinking of continuing to do so.

In various forums people were worrying about DPF filter and the CAT. Non had any real experiences on any bad effects. All concerns were hypothetical. But the people who actually used it had only positive experiences.

Are you guys have any Sri Lankan experience in this?

Ha ha I think I was the person who started this. I found this on BMW forums, and seems a lot of people are doing it in fairly modern diesels. The DPF issue was raised but I think the thinking was the 2T oil will get burnt in the combustion chamber without much harmful residue so the filter should be ok.

I think in older diesels this should probably be fairly safe, if people are using it in common rail engines.

But remember everybody is doing it at their own risk, and it will might void warranty........

So research a lot in terms of your own engine before trying it out.