• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

From Where I Can Have A Duplicate Immobilizer Key

Thanushka

Hi All,

I got only one immobilizer key for my car. And the other one is a normal key which can be used to open the doors only. I would like to have a duplicate key so that anything happen to the original one, I an use it.

My car is a 2010 brand new imported Mazda BL and I've contacted carmart and they told me that a duplicate key can be imported from japan for the chassis No of the car and will cost Rs. 60,000/= ++.

Is there any other places that I can have a look since Carmart is way too expensive for me.

Get the unit from eBay under $100 usd and get it programmed by a local place, people specialized in car audio / security systems and ECU related work can help you, for Toyota they charge 4000-5000.

Hi All,

I got only one immobilizer key for my car. And the other one is a normal key which can be used to open the doors only. I would like to have a duplicate key so that anything happen to the original one, I an use it.

My car is a 2010 brand new imported Mazda BL and I've contacted carmart and they told me that a duplicate key can be imported from japan for the chassis No of the car and will cost Rs. 60,000/= ++.

Is there any other places that I can have a look since Carmart is way too expensive for me.

Am i the only one who thinks its very stupid of Carmart to give a spare key with out the immobilizer chip? Or is this simply another concealed step of the dealers grand scheme of sucking the buyer dry? Is this the case with the rest of the local agents as well?

Edited by xXx

Am i the only one who thinks its very stupid of Carmart to give a spare key with out the immobilizer chip? Or is this simply another concealed step of the dealers grand scheme of sucking the buyer dry? Is this the case with the rest of the local agents as well?

Don't know about it machan. I'm the second owner and the first owner said he has only one key ad the other one is a normal key. May be he lost the second key. Not sure.

Get the unit from eBay under $100 usd and get it programmed by a local place, people specialized in car audio / security systems and ECU related work can help you, for Toyota they charge 4000-5000.

Machan Is there any thing I should be aware of before importing. I was couple of items in ebay mentioning chip no or something. Do you have any experience on that?

U need to verify the Chip No /ID based on the Year of Manufacture, also note if you only have a keyfob or also an embedded immobilizer chip, if so u need to find the blank keyfob with that, also note any special markings on the blade, as the seller will ask this to rule off your model,

Find an item, communicate with the seller to verify if it matches you 100% as they ll give you the criteria

I've had an issue similar to yours and purchased a genuine blank and got it sorted under $100, as for the criteria, mine was very easy

Buy the complete key with internals ($50-$100), not the key cover / shell ($2-$10)

Pray the parcel won't get held up in customs