• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda 3 Rear Shocks Replace

janithck

Guys,

I am planning to replace my rear shocks in Mazda3 2004. I spoke to agent and I think price is little bit high.

I need your suggestions about other places and brand i should go for.

I) Kobe shock absorbers

II) KYB

III) From Mazda agent

Edited by janithck

Check the original shocks and replace with the same. Most Japanese manufacturers use either KYB or Tokiko. Don't buy shocks from the Mazda agent. Buy from the agent of that brand of shocks or an authorised dealer who might give a further discount.

Check the original shocks and replace with the same. Most Japanese manufacturers use either KYB or Tokiko. Don't buy shocks from the Mazda agent. Buy from the agent of that brand of shocks or an authorised dealer who might give a further discount.

In this case it is different , since the total suspension design of Mazda3(2004-2009) including Axela was directly related to Ford Focus/Volvo S40, the genuines came from an Europian origin with ancillary parts. The KYB/Tokiko were not the OEM . However it is avaiilable in KYB in SL.

janithck,

i have a 2007 mazda 3 and i got one of the rear shocks replaced 2 years ago. I also checked the prices with c**m**t but they quoted 16000/= or so for one piece.
so i decided to go for a KYB. so far no issues. it cost me 8500/= 2 years back. Got it from a place at Hyde Park Corner.

In this case it is different , since the total suspension design of Mazda3(2004-2009) including Axela was directly related to Ford Focus/Volvo S40, the genuines came from an Europian origin with ancillary parts. The KYB/Tokiko were not the OEM . However it is avaiilable in KYB in SL.

Who were the OEMs then?

I got a price quote for my 2010 Mazda 3 from M*zna Mot*rs and they quoted 21,000/= each. But it is genuine shocks from Mazda according to them. But still didn't went for it.

I got a price quote for my 2010 Mazda 3 from M*zna Mot*rs and they quoted 21,000/= each. But it is genuine shocks from Mazda according to them. But still didn't went for it.

Mazda does not make shock absorbers. When you inspect your current shocks you will see the company who actually manufactured them. Sourcing it direct from the supplier (OEM) is the same as buying genuine Mazda but obviously cheaper.

Posted Yesterday, 04:41 PM

Rohnd, on 14 Sept 2014 - 16:59, said:snapback.png

Who were the OEMs then?

It is different brand from Italy or from Belgium(not sure). Comes with an exclusive logo embedded in Genuine ones.

The following web link shows the relationship of some of the parts in Mazda 3/Axela to European platform.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_C1_platform