• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Pajero Io 1.8 Gdi Turbo Vacuum Line Connection

Y3K

Hi,

Can someone direct me towards how the vacuum line connectivity for the turbo should be in an IO 1.8 GDI please.

Even a snapshot from a similar engine would help me.

Recently some repairs were done to my vehicle which required the turbo vacuum lines to be dismantled and the mechanic who undertook the job apparently missed out to mark it down. For now the turbo is sort of dismantled.

Please assist me on getting these connected properly.

Thanks,

Y3K

Hi,

Can someone direct me towards how the vacuum line connectivity for the turbo should be in an IO 1.8 GDI please.

Even a snapshot from a similar engine would help me.

Recently some repairs were done to my vehicle which required the turbo vacuum lines to be dismantled and the mechanic who undertook the job apparently missed out to mark it down. For now the turbo is sort of dismantled.

Please assist me on getting these connected properly.

Thanks,

Y3K

PS:
I've mistakenly posted the same in general section under bellow link:
It would be great if the admin can remove this, as I could not find away to do it.

• 1 month later...

Did you try the interwebs for some sort of a diagram? Most of the workshop manuals are available to download if you're willing to dig deep enough. I went through about 8 different versions of workshop manuals before I struck gold. Note the different engine versions and trim levels. Those really matter especially if the model have different variants for different markets.

Hi Sierra Charlie

I've been through several manuals specifically on 4G9 and 4G93 and the closest I've gotten to is a one that has turbo engine manual but still has no diagrams on vacuum line connection. :(

That's why thought of typing here for some assistance..

Regards,

Y3K

Has he disconnected the lines from all the sensors? if there aren't that many lines (usually the most important is the one coming from the turbo/wastage to one specific sensor, usually clearly marked as the boost sensor) you can guess and connect if you are confident enough its the right one. I faced the same problem with a different engine some time ago and cos I couldn't find a diagram (highly unlikely for jdm cars) and whatever pics I found didn't cover all the lines from beginning to the end I went to a shop that had a similar engine for sale and plugged everything in a similar manner. If all else fails thats your best bet.