• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Can I Use To Remove Double Side Tape From A Bumper

B2Spirit

Question

I need to remove and reattach the front lip of my car as it was not done correctly.

What can i use to remove the double side tape that was used to attach the lip to the bumper?

Also can anyone recommend a shop to buy rubber beedings (not sure what the correct name is) that are used in the gap between lip and bumper ?

3 answers to this question

If you want to separate the bumper from the lip by cutting through the tape, you can try it by using a string of fishing line or another strong thread, the same principle as on

but it may not be possible with the contours of the bumper as you haven't stated what your car is, also keep an eye for hidden rivets

the tape can be peeled of with a bit of force, if you want to be a bit adventurous go on it with a bit of diesel, rubbing compound or very mild abrasive paper, careful though.

Good choice on putting the beading, hopefully someone with update you on that

I need to remove and reattach the front lip of my car as it was not done correctly.

What can i use to remove the double side tape that was used to attach the lip to the bumper?

Also can anyone recommend a shop to buy rubber beedings (not sure what the correct name is) that are used in the gap between lip and bumper ?

Usually glue goes soft when its warmed, so if you are finding it difficult to detach something held on by tape or glue, use a hair dryer or something similar to warm it up a little bit.