• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Weird 'dakas' Noise From Bonnet Area- Civic Ek3

Randeep

I recently bought this Honda Civic Ek3 1998(Ferio) car. This is the third week that I am using this car. Now there is a strange 'dakas' noise coming from the bonnet area from passenger side. It sounds like something is getting engaged & disengaged. I am a real newbie for vehicles. This sound comes when I press the brake hard while going at normal speeds (40-60). And when I start to accelerate again that sound comes sometimes. This is an auto vehicle. Any idea???

1. Does it happen just as you take your foot off the accelerator paddle and before you apply brakes, and then again when you push the accelerator paddle to speed up?

2. Or is it during the braking process ie in between the period in 1 above?

1. Does it happen just as you take your foot off the accelerator paddle and before you apply brakes, and then again when you push the accelerator paddle to speed up?

2. Or is it during the braking process ie in between the period in 1 above?

It occurs during the breaking process. When the car is stopped (or near to getting stopped) sound comes. And when I accelerate, it comes again.

It occurs during the breaking process. When the car is stopped (or near to getting stopped) sound comes. And when I accelerate, it comes again.

Looks very much like a bad engine mount. Your's is a CVT transmission I believe and hence the effect of abrupt engine loading could be felt only when the car is stationary or at low speeds.

Looks very much like a bad engine mount. Your's is a CVT transmission I believe and hence the effect of abrupt engine loading could be felt only when the car is stationary or at low speeds.

Yes. It is CVT. My brother also said that the engine mounts should be replaced. At that time this sound did not come. I better take this to a mechanic. Just a small question. Is it ok if I drive few days with this sound or should I check this ASAP?

Yes. It is CVT. My brother also said that the engine mounts should be replaced. At that time this sound did not come. I better take this to a mechanic. Just a small question. Is it ok if I drive few days with this sound or should I check this ASAP?

Depends on how bad it is. Engine mounts keep the engine on the proper alignment with respect to rest of the drive chain. If it is a minor crack you may drive until it is inspected and sorted out. If the mounts are really bad you would begin to feel the vibration or jerk not just the sound alone.
Edited by Rumesh88

Depends on how bad it is. Engine mounts keep the engine on the proper alignment with respect to rest of the drive chain. If it is a minor crack you may drive until it is inspected and sorted out. If the mounts are really bad you would begin to feel the vibration or jerk not just the sound alone.

Thanks for your replies. I will go to a mechanic asap

• 2 weeks later...

In case the matter is not sorted yet.... Check the hinges that attach the bonnet to the car as well. With time these may wear off and can end up with a slight play. Try lifting the bonnet near both hinges with minimum force so that you'll only test and not try to break it.

I once came across a similar experience... cleaned up and put in the correct rivets ..... fairly simple fix finally...