• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Vezzel Driving Information

nilesh123

Question

Hi guys,

I bought a Honda Vezzel recently and I have some questions about it. Although I got the User manual it is completely usesless as I dont know any japanese. Also I browsed through forums and couldnt find answers to following questions.

1. In the Back of the right hand side of the steering wheel there is a switch( Similar to paddle shift on the left). When On/Off it shows a downward arrow. Does anyone know what this stands for?

2. Is it possible to program a spare remote key for the Vezzel? If so where can i get this done in Sri Lanka? Also how much would it cost?

3. Can anyone in Sri Lanka change the japanses words to English? I have no idea what is shown there.

Thanks in advance...

15 answers to this question

Vezel originally have 2 keys. If you bought it from sale or personnel importer here, they should provide you the extra key. If you import it through an importer, there agent in japan should courier it to you / importer. But normally it might take few weeks after they handover the vehicle.

1. In the Back of the right hand side of the steering wheel there is a switch( Similar to paddle shift on the left). When On/Off it shows a downward arrow. Does anyone know what this stands for?

how can you have a paddle shift only on the left ? The left is for down shift and right for up shift....even in the manual it only shows the up shift paddle. Where is the down arrow that you are talking about ? Is it in the display that shows you which gear you are in ?

Vezel originally have 2 keys. If you bought it from sale or personnel importer here, they should provide you the extra key. If you import it through an importer, there agent in japan should courier it to you / importer. But normally it might take few weeks after they handover the vehicle.

I asked the importer and he told me that the spare is on the way as you told. Thanks...

how can you have a paddle shift only on the left ? The left is for down shift and right for up shift....even in the manual it only shows the up shift paddle. Where is the down arrow that you are talking about ? Is it in the display that shows you which gear you are in ?

Apparently I was in the 5th Gear when I tried the Shift-up position. Thats why it showed the downward arrow. I think to show that only shift-down is possible. Sorry about that. this is my first triptronic experience. Thanks...

Hi guys... I have come up with few more questions

1. What does the brake hold button do. When I press that it shows break hold in the dashboard. Other than that I couldn't find nythng else different

2. Below the econ button there are two buttons that I cant figure out. From left what does the first one and second one do? I guess the last one is rear windshield heater. Pls correct me id I'm wrong

Thanks in advance....

1. As far as I know Brake Hold is a system that automatically holds the brakes for you for a few seconds when the car is on an incline. So it doesn't roll backwards when tryng to move forward from a stop.

2. From what I can see from a photo on google the buttons under the ECON button are

switches for

- VSA (Vehicle Stability Control) (has a picture of a rear of a car and two swiggly lines under it)

- CBTA (City Brake Assist) which is a collision avoidance system and the button says CTBA Off

- Front wiper heater. It ahs a picture of a windscreen with a wiper with an electric current like line going across it. It is basically to heat up the area of the windscreen that the wipers lay when stopped. Useful for winter countries where wipers tend to get frozen

Someone translated the Vezel manual from Japanese to English. You should read that !

1. As far as I know Brake Hold is a system that automatically holds the brakes for you for a few seconds when the car is on an incline. So it doesn't roll backwards when tryng to move forward from a stop.

2. From what I can see from a photo on google the buttons under the ECON button are

switches for

- VSA (Vehicle Stability Control) (has a picture of a rear of a car and two swiggly lines under it)

- CBTA (City Brake Assist) which is a collision avoidance system and the button says CTBA Off

- Front wiper heater. It ahs a picture of a windscreen with a wiper with an electric current like line going across it. It is basically to heat up the area of the windscreen that the wipers lay when stopped. Useful for winter countries where wipers tend to get frozen

Someone translated the Vezel manual from Japanese to English. You should read that !

1. Break hold Button-If this button is activated, -once you stop the vehicle at an incline or at traffic light....you can take your foot of the break and the car wont move either front or back until you press the accelerator. Very useful when you get caught in a traffic jam up a hill.

switches for

Can I have the link to the translated manual please?

Thank you :)

switches for

Can you share the translated manual if you have with you. I tried searching the internet but couldn't find one. Would be a big help.