• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need Advice, If Anyone Have Any Expierience With Sorento 2012 Wheel Allignment

Aravinda_2011

I had my wheel alignment done over last week with Carecare wellawatte and they said in 2012 Kia sorento model comes with fixed chamber and also they cannot adjust set back and you will feel some movement on the vehicle from left to right when you go along straight road. then said its by design and they cannot do anything for that.

Any kia users with same behavior ?

I just got my Sorento and have not noticed anything so far but this issue has been common for many North American 2011/12 models. Just google for Sorento 2012 drift/pull issue.

Attached is a TSB issued by KIA on the matter in 2011. The solutions include a camber kit or a pin which just counteracts the built in (pull inducing) camber as far as I can see.

Don't know how much of it is relevant to Korea manufactured Sorentos we get here.

TSB CHA 032 LOWRES.pdf

Edited by vishkid

What's the camber angle readings of front wheels now (I assume you have the print out with you)? 'Cos for you to feel vehicle pulling to one side there has to be a serious camber difference between the wheels. Any previous accidents or shock replacements?

I just got my Sorento and have not noticed anything so far but this issue has been common for many North American 2011/12 models. Just google for Sorento 2012 drift/pull issue.

Attached is a TSB issued by KIA on the matter in 2011. The solutions include a camber kit or a pin which just counteracts the built in (pull inducing) camber as far as I can see.

Don't know how much of it is relevant to Korea manufactured Sorentos we get here.

thanks its some what similar but not the exact.

What's the camber angle readings of front wheels now (I assume you have the print out with you)? 'Cos for you to feel vehicle pulling to one side there has to be a serious camber difference between the wheels. Any previous accidents or shock replacements?

No they didn't give me the report on adjustments, it has the labour amounts to adjustments and total.

No accidents either

Edited by Aravinda_2011

No they didn't give me the report on adjustments, it has the labour amounts to adjustments and total.

No accidents either

In that case go for a second opinion from a place like Walana (search the forum for the contact). It may be possible to adjust the camber by using an eccentric bolt kit but the adjustment range is limited and I don't know exactly if such a kit would work for your model.

According to the report your camber has been adjusted but the vehicle has a positive setback on both front and rear wheels. This could cause the vehicle to run off to the right side not the left??? (What it means is that both your right side front and rear wheels are sitting back by 21 minutes and 17 minutes with reference to respective wheels on the left). AFAIK this can happen only when you have a misalignment in the chassis.

sorento`s have that inherent camber problem from what i know. The company had a remedy where the vehicle use to be sent to UxH to do this job why dont you first check with the company. Some i spoke to said that the fix didnt completely solve the problem and some said theirs were fine