• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Is The Current Vehicle Registration Number

mazda axela

It says, "The last issued vehicle registration number for vehicle category Car is CAB-7983".

I am not sure whether we need to pay to get this, if that so what the series we can get without paying.

dude if you read up you will note that Rumesh says you do not need to pay anything extra to get such a number. You obviously have to pay the standard licensing and plate costs.

dude if you read up you will note that Rumesh says you do not need to pay anything extra to get such a number. You obviously have to pay the standard licensing and plate costs.

Sorry brother it is my mistake

You need not pay an additional amount

​I didn't noticed the 'not' :sad-smiley-050:

Edited by mazda axela

I don't have breakdown of the fees for I paid the price with all inclusive. Only LC was in my name. Agent asked if I wanted an advance number reserved but I did not go for it. You can get the current fee structure from http://www.motortraffic.gov.lk/web/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=91&Itemid=121〈=en.

Slightly OT, but my 2c having registered a vehicle last week; If you're planning on paying 50k and getting number in the CAC range, don't really bother as all the good looking/sounding numbers are gone - unless your plan is to get whatever the current number + 10,000.

If you really want a nice number, the best bet is to pay up a little more and look in CAD or CAE categories.

Otherwise, like me, spend the money on something exciting for the new car :) TBH, I gave up after checking out 14 numbers and finding none are available!

Slightly OT, but my 2c having registered a vehicle last week; If you're planning on paying 50k and getting number in the CAC range, don't really bother as all the good looking/sounding numbers are gone - unless your plan is to get whatever the current number + 10,000.

If you really want a nice number, the best bet is to pay up a little more and look in CAD or CAE categories.

Otherwise, like me, spend the money on something exciting for the new car :) TBH, I gave up after checking out 14 numbers and finding none are available!

Thanks